What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, another night of 2 hours of sleep!

Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake dated 2004
Castello Natural Vergin Bent Egg .....(KKK)

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Dan Tobacco's Salty Dogs in my 1930's Kaywoodie Standard Bulldog with a 4 hole stinger. A fine tobacco in a great pipe. I hate the stinger but to remove it really lowers the value. :)

AJ

Just finished smoking Jim's Va/Bur in a 2015 Basil Meadows Bing Crosby Merchant Service replica with a smooth straight thin shank, aluminum band and black ebonite stem.

Now smoking Watch City Deluxe Crumb Cut in a 2016 Peretti's M.T. Natural made in Holland straight smooth brown Algerian briar billiard. Have just a little more work to do.

AJ, if you don't care for the stinger on that pipe saw the tip off. Do you want to enjoy smoking it or sell it in the future? ENJOY IT

John Patton's Storm Front

Pipe of choice: Radice ( 2010 ) Bent Bulldog

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Marlin Flake in an own reject
Good luck for this Monday! :D

Thank you Gentlemen for your kindly words! :cheers:

2533233348960c4871198976c1c398002424a883.jpg

25332331b35ca713bbc0943df33887550002f613.jpg

The first two were like an Autumn days...

Just finished smoking Rowland Platinum in a 1977 medium bend Tinderbox Ropp cherry wood poker made in France with a black vulcanite stem and p-lip.

Now smoking Granger in the third pipe I ever bought ($1.95), a 1974 smooth straight French briar Hadley Apple with a black vulcanite stem. Watching Perry Mason.

...Sutliff PA Match in a MM Freehand... :cheers:

Tabac Manil Reserve du Patron aged 7 years in my Ardor Urano
Billiard Fatta A Mano pipe.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

H&H WhiteKnight dated 2012 in a MM Diplomat Cob pipe dedicated to this type of blend.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Just now popped this tin because it's available again:

Wessex Brown Virginia Flake dated 2010. This Flake needs/requires a few years of aging, can be a bit bland when fresh. Just my honest opinion.

Pipe of choice: recently restored Kaywoodie very chubby handmade/carved pot/scoop pipe. The Drinkless stinger is buffed and perfect, no clogs now. Looks like new!! The nomenclature is very crisp.

3f9q4fk.jpg" style="width: 800px;height: 400px

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

GLP Cumberland dated 2005 in my Radice Chubby Reubens Rhodesian Shape Bullcap Bulldog. An excellent smoking pipe!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Sid, you of all people, drinking coffee from a paper cup! :shock:

I have 4 favorite GLP blends, this is one of them:

GLP Telegraph Hill Dated 2006
Pipe of choice: New version brown anodized Falcon pipe with a slight bend to the stem. The bowl I'm using now is one I made....2" Rusticated Chimney bowl made from Algerian briar aged over 75 years. The finish is dark and light brown completed with carnauba wax on a soft buffing wheel.  It was a piece of briar I purchased at a pipe show that was part of an Estate sale from a storage facility that belonged to Ben Wade. Well, that's what I was told....do I believe it.... :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

L56ybhT.jpg" style="width: 500px;height: 400px

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Just finishing this bowl of MacBaren Golden Extra in a 1983 medium bend, mostly smooth, bottom rusticated Butz-Choquin Maitre Pipier 3 Fait Main with pearl brown acrylic stem.

Now smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem. A can of Faygo Orange soda is my drink. Watching Mad Dog Russo.

The picture quality is bad, but here's an old Faygo commercial with Hal (The Great Gildersleeve) Peary and Laurel and Hardy imposters.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6VRdc-bUxw0" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

Just opened:

Wessex Gold Brick Virginia Plug dated 2008

Pipe of choice: Savinelli: Punto Oro Natural 320 KS
Still breaking this pipe in, so far it's smoking as expected....GREAT!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

A quarter of the way through this bow of 1970s Heine's Blend in a 1977 straight black rusticated Sir Brent billiard with a silver band repair and a brown pearl grey acrylic stem.

Status
Not open for further replies.