What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Former's Cross Grain Flake in my KBB Yello-Bole Imperial Bulldog. The old KBB Yello-Bole and Kaywoodie pipes are some of the best smoking pipes ever. Just my humble opinion of course. Until about 1950 they were made from 75-100 year old briar and the engineering was second to none. I'm very fortunate to have a few of each brand. :)

AJ

AJ, that's a stunning Yello-Bole....look in DIY, I have a few recent posts there

I too am partial to KB&B pipes. I recently posted a restore I did of a Yello-Bole Imperial Pipe from the '50's. Also, I still have and smoke at times my original Yello-Bole Pug pipe I purchased back in 1969. A great pocket pipe. Now I call it my Dr. visit pipe! Have pipe will travel...lol

John Patton's Storm Front in my RDPipes Devil Anse. Custom made by our member of the BoB Ron Powell. A superbly crafted pipe and an outstanding smoker. One of my favorite pipes!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Now smoking P&W #515 in a 1998 smooth straight Butz-Choquin Bistro 1501 pot with a black vulcanite stem. Ice water and floaty li'l ice bergs is my evening drink. Watching Star Trek.

Sipping on some Stonehaven in the rusticated Cayuga Oiled briar. 3 fingers of Crown Royal Black to wet the swab.

Navyflake ":23o4vbyr said:
Sipping on some Stonehaven in the rusticated Cayuga Oiled briar. 3 fingers of Crown Royal Black to wet the swab.
Those are outstanding smoking pipes. Did you purchase yours from Paul's in Michigan?

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Dunhill Nightcap dated 2007 tin version only in a Dagner design cob poker pipe.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Relaxing after a wonderful steak and baked potato dinner with a bowl of Sam Gawith Medium Virginia Flake in a straight smooth patent era 1952 Dunhill Bruyere ODA apple 806 B124 with a black vulcanite stem. Watching the Dodgers-Mets game on ESPN.

Seattle Pipe Club Plum Pudding dated 2014

Pipe of choice: restored Pickwick Arms ( from the 40's ) hand carved/made chubby pot pipe with a wide comfortable stem. Perfect pipe for this blend due to a 7/8" diameter opening to the chamber.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Half & Half in my Carved KBB Yello-Bole Billiard with a Nylon stem. :)

AJ

AJ, impressive Yello-Bole, don't see many of those with the yellow nylon stem. Enjoy your smoke my friend. Looks in excellent condition. You don't scorch the top of the bowls, like me!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

...SG Skiff Mixture in a Cavicchi(CCCC) smooth bent apple... :cheers:

Lonecoyote":ybhg8pxn said:
AJ, impressive Yello-Bole, don't see many of those with the yellow nylon stem. Enjoy your smoke my friend. Looks in excellent condition. You don't scorch the top of the bowls, like me!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
The picture belongs to the seller. The pipe had never been smoked and as to scorching, looking at the tops of my pipes one would likely think I had taken a torch to some of them. However most of the crud will come off with a little spit and rubbing. Unfortunately sometimes the wood is actually scorched and nothing but sanding and refinishing will take care of that. :roll:

AJ

Posting early:
Preparing my last smoke of the day. Going to relax on the front porch:

Arturo Fuente Sundried, a dark Maduro cigar that's simply heavenly. A favorite @ $9.00 a stick. Back on Long Island because of the tax structure on tobacco products this is a $13.50 cigar PLUS tax.

PS, I'm cheating tonight. I'm have just two fingers of Southern Comfort neat. First time in 3 months. Was never a big drinker but now alcohol is a BIG NO! You only live once!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Now smoking Watch City Flake #558 in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort stem. Have enough left for a couple bowls.

Some 7 YO rubbed out Pebblecut in my Made In London Straight Grain Paneled Stacked Dublin. Probably the best smoking pipe I own. :)

AJ

Well, I shredded some aged red Ginnie leaf from The Carolinas in a trade, and am going to line my bowl with that and top it with a flake of Bold Kentucky flake from Mac Baren. Then it's time to clean the kitchen, have a nice shower, and rub out a flake of Marlin for the last pipe of the night. Unless I can find my stash of Rum Flake. I really am liking this stuff!

A quarter of the way through the last of my stash of McClelland Christmas Cheer 1995 in a 1970s smooth GBD 9665 slight bend with a rough top flat bottom sitter with a black vulcanite stem. Watching Cannon.

Welcome back, Sid!

Brown Flake Licorice today, this morning in a Viking Rhodesian, this evening in an MM Country Gentleman

Almost half way through this bowl of D&R VIP in a 2004 smooth long shank Canadian Trever Talbot Ligne Bretagne Faite en Bretagne 4/3 with a black vulcanite stem.

Status
Not open for further replies.