What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night around the campfire I smoked GLP Haddo's Delight in a homemade churchwarden a friend crafted for me. It was a good smoke.

TallSmoke":02dcycij said:
Last night around the campfire I smoked GLP Haddo's Delight in a homemade churchwarden a friend crafted for me. It was a good smoke.
How was the camping trip Tallsmoke?

We had a nice time. Two nights of clear weather. Warm enough to enjoy the day, hike, go to a local farmer's market, etc. Cool enough at night to relax around the campfire and enjoy some food, fun , and fellowship. My friend started carving pipes about a year ago and smoked one of his creations. Our three kids and their three kids enjoyed the park and playground. It was a good "check everything" type of trip for our travel trailers, making sure everything works after a few months in winter storage. Our last trip was over Thanksgiving.

We're thinking about camping in Jordan Lake in a couple of weeks and catching the Raleigh pipe show while there. Hopefully the weather will be nice enough to go. Either way we're coming to the show.

TallSmoke":whzhgu03 said:
We're thinking about camping in Jordan Lake in a couple of weeks and catching the Raleigh pipe show while there. Hopefully the weather will be nice enough to go. Either way we're coming to the show.
Jordan Lake has excellent camping facilities and I look forward to meeting you at the show regardless!

Had a great weekend smoking while working outside. Got in the following in no particular order: Prince Albert in my Old Dr. Grabow, SG FVF and C&D Organic Pipe Dreams in a new model Kaywoodie 13B (without the stinger), also some of the FVF in an old 13B (stinger removed), also some Squadron Leader in it's assigned corn cobb.

Good Morning All,

C&D Sam's Blend in a Brigham bent apple

After snowing yesterday, it's sunny -6c

:) Paul

Breaking in my new Kaywoodie 13B with some MB Navy Flake. (EJ, you're very right--this is a great size and shape!)

I'm drying out some FVF to smoke in the forum pipe!! Its a great pipe and a great tobacco :sunny:

regor":yunhw7jh said:
I'm drying out some FVF to smoke in the forum pipe!! Its a great pipe and a great tobacco :sunny:
MMMMMM sounds delicious!
Think I'll have FVF in my Tinsky Danish Author for the drive home.

Doc Manhattan":idlizjpw said:
Breaking in my new Kaywoodie 13B with some MB Navy Flake. (EJ, you're very right--this is a great size and shape!)
I noticed some differences in my new vs old 13B's, the new of course doesent have the stinger, just a push bit (which I prefer), it's a bit longer (by 1/4") but a bit thinner also. Mine seems to be taking awhile to break in.

C&D barrister in an old KW 86B, an outstanding shape and pipe. Fine tobacco, too, a strong mix of burley and latakia w/o bite.

morleysson":u1mdy9m7 said:
C&D barrister in an old KW 86B, an outstanding shape and pipe. Fine tobacco, too, a strong mix of burley and latakia w/o bite.
Barrister is a very fine blend that I have come to enjoy thanks to you Morleysson!

I have a pound of it put back.

Today's smoking has consisted of Walnut in a Kaywoodie Sterling bent billiard and a Stanwell #186. Outstanding!

MB navy flake in a Dunhill tan shell.......Thanx Doc

CH in a Falcon bent, 9.6 C and cloudy
Happy puffin,
Jayf

Dan Tobacco Milonga in a CAO Meer,got a lb. of this vanilla/carmel blend from
Pipes and Cigars for 19.99.Nice addition to my tobacco bar,quality aeromatic
when I want a sweet taste. 8)

Winslow :sunny:

Good morning to all!!! Startiing out the day with a bowl of FVF in a meer with a cup of coffee. It promises to be a good day :sunny:

Status
Not open for further replies.