What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Walnut in a Rinaldo YYY Lithos Titania full bent apple.

Well I'm up late today, sleeping in til all hours, not getting up til 6 am :lol: What a bum!

Was at the thursday evening meeting of the Sacramento Pipe Collectors Assembly last night, didn't get home til about 11 pm. That's really late for me, I like to go to bed about 8:30 :sleep: We had a great meeting though, big turnout and lots of good conversation among friends. Robert Vacher of Laughing Moon pipes joined us which was a real nice treat. The guy is a most interesting fellow, a very personable man and a damned good pipe maker. He's going to be at the Sparks, Nevada show in early March [ http://www.smokinnsparks.com/ ] if you'd like to meet him and see some of his work. I was impressed and am definitely going to be acquiring one of his pipes. As several other North American carvers of recent times have done, Robert is taking his engineering and design pretty seriously and is doing some impressive work. Definitely on the same level as Howell and Rad, and having recently rediscovered a desire to 'Create' stylistic pipes, he's producing some tasty looking and wonderfully engineered briars. Keep an eye out for this guy gents!

Also, if you fellows have the opportunity to participate in a pipe club in your area I just cannot recommend it highly enough. It's a fantastic opportunity to fellowship with like minded folks, learn a lot about pipes and pipesmokers, and it's simply a wonderful way to share in this odd little 'Off the beaten path' hobby of ours.

This morning, Astley's 109 in an Upshall P rhodesian 8)

Good Morning All,

G&H Bob's Chocolate in a Lorenzetti billiard

Another nice day for here, going up to +5 c

:) Paul

Enjoying a bowl of 2015 sprinkled with some brown rope or pig tail. It really does taste ggood and gives things a differant taste for the better IMHO

Even'All, Two pipes to-nite, in my old/new octo Ashton Uhle's 300, in my Tinsky octo brown ring blast** Erinmore flake, '04 Ken. :tongue:
Boy it's COLD!! :tongue: :pale:

Bracing for a cold commute into the office with some Ennerdale Flake in a Glenn Tinsky mocho bent brandy.

Buddy

Conniston Cut Plug unscented in a Castello KK Collection Bulldog

It's the birthday of Benjamin Franklin, born in Boston (1706). He was one of the most famous leaders of the American Revolution. He invented bifocals and the glass harmonica, he charted the Gulf Stream on his way across the Atlantic, he chased tornadoes on horseback, and he founded America's first circulating public library. And as the author, printer, and publisher of Poor Richard's Almanac, he circulated adages such as "Little strokes fell great oaks," and "Early to bed and early to rise, Makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise."

It's the birthday of Muhammad Ali, born Cassius Clay in Louisville, Kentucky (1942). He started boxing when he was 12 years old, after his bicycle got stolen. He went to report the theft to the nearest police officer, who was coaching boxing practice at the time and invited Cassius to work out with his boxing program.

His motto was "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee." He won the world heavyweight boxing championship title in 1964, the same year that he converted to the Nation of Islam and changed his name to Muhammad Ali.

One of his coaches, Angelo Dundee, said, "Of all the fighters I've ever known, only he could make the heavy bag sing when he hit it. He ran 11 miles to the gym from the hotel and back every day along the causeway. He was always the first in and the last out of the gym. He is the most unspoiled kid I've ever had."

http://writersalmanac.publicradio.org/

Good Morning All,

Uhle's # 300 in a Brigham bent apple.

Going up to +5c (a nice break in mid-winter)

Prince Albert in a Huge Turbaned Bearded Meer that's starting to color nicely

Funn

Weather finally warmed up enough to get out for a bowl! McCrainie's Dundees Blend in my new Pete Shamrock brandy; HH Vintage Syrian in an Ashton XXX Pebble grain bulldog :cheers: :pipe: FTRPLT

Erinmore Balkan Mixture, the only Erinmore tobacco I can smoke, in a 5 inch clay

Good Morning All,

PS Luxury Navy Flake.

Fine weather continues... up to + 8c today.

Status
Not open for further replies.