What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jhuggett":tavjx2u4 said:
C&D Sunday Picnic in a Mike Brissett rusticated billiard.

Man C&D has been putting out some great flakes as of late. Exhausted Rooster, Sunday Picnic and After Hours Flake are getting a lot of attention from me. The next one I want to try is Opening Night, it's getting great reviews... next tobacco order.
I picked up 2 more tins of Exhausted Rooster this week. Everytime I go to JR's I purchase a couple of tins plus I ordered some from SmokingPipes. I plan to have a small stock pile of it.

Getting ready to lite a bowl of marlin flake in a stanwell #186. They sure work well with each other. After church today I have to start cleanning up my pipe and tobacco room and packing up stuff I won't use for a while so I can move and get it all set up at the new place whhich should happen in May. :sunny: :bounce: :bounce: :lol: :lol:

Good Morning All,

Old Joe Krantz in a Stanwell.

-6c going up to +1c

:) Paul

FVF in a large Lane era Charatan Belvedere Dublin

Well this second surgery I just had (friday) went so much better than the first. Aside from some general soreness I feel pretty darned good. Am parking my butt on the couch to watch golf all day and starting off with the Euro Stanwell Royal Guard 252 filled with a Bluegrass Melody/BPC mix. 8)

Hey PD -

Hope the shoulder's coming around after the first surgery and that this one works out well for you. I noticed the BPC - glad I'm among those who enjoy Peretti's blends. I drop by there when up in Boston - about an hour north of me.

Given the inspiration, I think I'll fire up some 333 in a Pete Killarney 106.

Puff,
What did you have corrected? I'm having shoulder issues as well but surgery is something I haven't contemplated.

Squadron Leader (I love this stuff) in a bent brandy smooth Ruthenberg. Too lazy to get up and brew some coffee or tea. Forcing myself to lay around the house today (only day off this week).

I had shoulder surgery in december to repair a torn labrum and rotator cuff and again this past friday to remove scar tissue (that resulted from the first surgery) and to manipulate the partially frozen shoulder (i.e. force it to move under anesthesia). Wasn't an elective surgery, was one of those 'Had no choice' operations.

Puff Daddy":w00zrhtg said:
I had shoulder surgery in december to repair a torn labrum and rotator cuff and again this past friday to remove scar tissue (that resulted from the first surgery) and to manipulate the partially frozen shoulder (i.e. force it to move under anesthesia). Wasn't an elective surgery, was one of those 'Had no choice' operations.
Mine is some kind of pre-existing thing. I will try orthroscopic first. I don't think I have anything torn, but I know something is wrong with my rotator cuff. I discuss it more with my doctor on my next visit. Thanks for the info. Glad you're feeling good, bud. Obviously mine is small potatos in comparison.

Good luck with the shoulder operation. Getting ready to lite a bowl of Exhausted Rooster in a Danish made Ben Wade. Its a great smoker especially with va's which is about alll I smoke. For some reason I can't taste latakia because of the meds I have to take, I sure miss it but it leaves a total blank spot when I try it. IMHO it is shame because I use to smoke quite a bit of it :(

Puff, I hope you get better soon. Take it easy and enjoy your smokes....

96 Crop McCranie's Red Ribbon in an Ingo Garbe Stack Billiard.

Cheers
Ken

After some T-bones on the grill with shrimp scampi with a nice Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon I enjoyed some GLP Westminster in my monster Ben Wade freehand. I bought ten 2 oz cans about 10-months ago (gave 2 away to a couple of friends to try). Still a little wet, but only had to relight 4-5 times. Tamped often. It was a good smoke on the back deck.

I had Sirloins steaks for lunch, expecting a few people, but they didn't make it. So I had steak sandwiches for dinner. Not puffing on som Skandinavik in a Ruthenberg Canadian, sipping a GUINESS.

Habana Daydream on top, Carter Hall in the bottom,,,BOTTOM OF THE PIPE !!!,,,,in my corncob

PB, speedy recovery brother,,,

Hey all,

Closing the eve with Epiphany in a Ser Jac Picta......My first post here- and I raise this bowl to all you fine Gentlemen. May this new week treat you all well..... :D

Earlier this eve I had a nice bowl of haunted bookshop in a Peterson system standard.

Started the day early this morning with an outstanding bowl of Walnut in a Kaywoodie Shellcraft bent billiard. Just outstanding!

Good Morning all,

McC 5120 in a Lorenzetti nero

-6c going up to +4c

:) Paul

Hello,
I normally don't get to smoke at work, but I was sent on an errand to fetch a bottle of water for the staff.

Filled up a cob with Tinderbox's Sherlock's Choice and took my time driving to and fro.

Life is good, my friends!

How do non-smokers enjoy their breaks? Chew gum?

Status
Not open for further replies.