What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2588940231ca2c543abe1ca4fb5bda4a4f45412c.jpg

Davidoff Brazil Virginia.

...earlier...Sutliff Elizabethan Match...now, R. McConnell Oriental in a Savinelli smooth Long John...coffee on the side...

Just finished smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem.

Half way through this bowl of 2011 Villiger Virginia No. 444 in a three quarter bend smooth 1985 Dunhill Chestnut 5202 billiard with a cumberland stem. Glad to revisit this blend, and I see age has helped it mature nicely. A bottle of Stewart's Root Beer made with pure cane sugar is my drink.

Carter Hall today in my Gianni Calabash, with a cup of coffee. First bowl since Saturday. Yesterday I didn't smoke anything because of waking up at 4am with a case of the nasties! :pale: Much better today.

Just finished smoking Old Colonial in a medium bend beater 1979 Aalborg natural freehand made by Nording with a black vulcanite stem.

Now smoking Wilke Blend 2 in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer with a black vulcanite stem.

Now smoking Lane Limited Ready Rubbed in a 2016 PSF POY quarter bend black sandblasted Vermont Freehand egg with an aluminum band and a tortoise shell colored acrylic saddle stem. Watching a chapter of the Red Barry serial.

Now smoking MacBaren Virginia Flake in a straight smooth patent era 1952 Dunhill Bruyere ODA apple 806 B124 with a black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my evening drink.<hr />

Last of my Briar Fox in the Boswell Poker. It smoked the best in this pipe. Sweet and bright. This pipe is different from my others in that it has a conical bowl. Hopefully that doesn’t mean that all my other pipes are bad smokers. After about 6 years I’m understanding how a pipe can make or break a blend. Next, a jar of Mcclellands #24 from 1994. I’ve smoked from this jar in the past and it was the best I’ve ever had... When I could get it to behave.

Now smoking Wilke Surburg West Minster in a quarter bend smooth dark brown 2016 Brigham Algonquin 226 Rhodesian with a black vulcanite stem.

Just tried some Kendal Flake that I purchased as a sample. I have to admit that I'm not a fan at all. Too much "perfume/soap" taste and nose on this one.

No thanks.

...earlier...G&H Kendal Gold...now, another bowl of Lane Vanilla Black Cav in a Parker 831 pre 1952 smooth Canadian...

Took m'lady and her mom out for her mom's birthday at a great Japanese restaurant. Watching the Braves being beaten by the Nats 6-1 in the 6th as I smoke Rotary Superior in a 2002 IMP smooth full bend egg shaped meer with a black acrylic stem.

Wilke Surburg Jackson in a black pebble finish straight 2003 Cavicchi C. Fatto A Mano lovat with a black acrylic stem.

JimInks":e93h03sn said:
Last smoke of the day is Sutliff J4 Burley in a 2013 straight MM Missouri Pride Legend with a black stem. Doing some research on Ellery Queen.
The character or the creators?

St Bruno in a Jobey Strawberry from the late 1980s & War Horse Bar in a Brigham Prince

A third of the way through this bowl of Director’s Cut in a smooth straight early 1960s Lane era Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Have enough for one more bowl.

DrT999":pbk0y7rq said:
JimInks":pbk0y7rq said:
Last smoke of the day is Sutliff J4 Burley in a 2013 straight MM Missouri Pride Legend with a black stem. Doing some research on Ellery Queen.
The character or the creators?
Both. I found a couple of fascinating articles on the subject, one quite lengthy: https://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/bitstream/handle/2027.42/117689/AkersJordan.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y

I also started a thread on this forum in the Arts and Entertainment section.

Tom Eltang English in a Peterson Sherlock Holmes bent bulldog.

Not far from finishing this bowl of D&R Raccoon’s Delight in a smooth 1976 Canadian GBD Seventy Six 256 with a black vulcanite stem.

Status
Not open for further replies.