What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Growing lighter outside time for some Blue Note in my Italian Ooh Paul.. :D

I haven't been smoking anything but a steroid inhaler for 2 weeks :pale: Got a cold that turned into a lower respiratory infection, and it's a stubborn little bugger. I did smoke one bowl of Burley London blend with my brother last sunday, but it gave me trouble afterwards. Looks like it's going to be at least another week :x

Interesting side note - Did you know that the whooping cough vaccine you got as a kid wears off and even adults need a booster? It's going around and they say it's going to be bad this winter, best get yourselves immunized fellows.

Well this morning I got out my Smooth Caminetto Mustache and loaded it with Golden Slice. I am starting to like this Golden Slice especially when I want something with less strength, but lots of flavor. Opening Night is just a bit too much first thing in the morning.

Don't know if any others cut such long slices and this one does and from what little I have seen most are no were near this long. Fold and tuck, burn.

Actually getting this pipe I have had for 35 years broke in, LOL! It has been smoked so very little.

Skip

Earlier in my Ashton XXX bent billard ps more 1776, Ken :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue:

After an afternoon of watching the local rugby semi-finals & barbequeing - both typically South African pursuits on a Saturday afternoon - it's Balkan Sobranie in a Pete Mark Twain.

C&D Burley Flake #2 in a Peterson bulldog. I didn't like this stuff when I first tried it. Let it sit for a few months and now it is groing on me. Nothing like a little pleasent surprise.

While waiting for a Burley order from Uhle's I've been working my way through a tin of
MacBaren Burley London Blend, very nice tobacco, I was surprised ! I'll have to pick up a few more tins.

Boswell's Hunter's Choice in a Peterson Sterling Deluxe.

Haddo's Delight. I love the flavors but it's a little too strong for my palate atm.

Morning light having some Blue Note in my Peoria Canadian Sitter.. cupajoe

Lots of Sunshine today.. Having some MB Burley London Blend with my coffee..

Embarcadero -- Beautiful, Diaphanously-Clad Embarcadero :D

Haymarket-era Loewe billiard (Fawley) with a masterpiece lucite stem by LL.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

:face:

Started the day off with a bowl of GLP Chelsea Morning and after that I moved on to Sunday Picnic from C&D. I kind of got the Sunday Picnic by accident, but was a good accident and put back an 8 Oz. tin.

I am sure enjoying my pipes a lot better than I did 30 years ago, but think I was to much into aromatics. Since I have fallen for Virginia tobaccos (and Flake) it has change every thing about the smoking of my pipes.

I am for sure putting back a couple tins of that Golden Slice too!

Skip

Skip48":0748622t said:
Started the day off with a bowl of GLP Chelsea Morning and after that I moved on to Sunday Picnic from C&D. I kind of got the Sunday Picnic by accident, but was a good accident and put back an 8 Oz. tin.

I am sure enjoying my pipes a lot better than I did 30 years ago, but think I was to much into aromatics. Since I have fallen for Virginia tobaccos (and Flake) it has change every thing about the smoking of my pipes.

I am for sure putting back a couple tins each of that 633 & Golden Slice too!

Skip

Smoked one of my staples this morning, Butternut Burley.

Done with the photo shoot.. Had some Balkan Supreme in my Fisher Meer Lined pipe..

Status
Not open for further replies.