What are you snuffing?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished a tin of OM Limoncello earlier this summer. After that I snuffed OM Lambic. The last two days I rediscovered OM Yvette and it is hitting all the right buttons.

I've been bouncing between OM Acadia and her saucier cousin Evangeline for the last few days.

OM Black Velvet

The Latakia in this was overpowering when fresh and really slanted my opinion toward the negative.   But now that I've taken quite a few pinches and allowed it to air out over several weeks, I've found the components are much more balanced.   The forward drip is also quite low compared to some of Daniel's other creations.   I'd easily put this in my top 10.

F&T French Carotte earlier..

Viking Dark now. Perfect snuff for midnight server maintenance.. :p

Abraxas Dragun

Did a trade with a member of the Snuffhouse site and received a sample of this as a bonus.  Cool guy and excellent snuff.  Light tan color, powdery and on the dry side so an easy intake is required.  Has a tin note of slightly floral apple pie.  Same in the nose but not as strong.  The floral notes are in the background and very pleasant.  Mild spices with a bit of a play-doh.  Minimal burn.  The nic hit is almost immediate but reasonable.  Not much drainage front or back. I like it.  8)

6 Photo Special

Very aromatic Indian blend.   I'm sure monbla256 would likely say the aroma from this would be similar to an accident scene where a 40 ft container filled with old ladies underwear and perfume bottles overturned. :twisted: :twisted:

But I like Lakeland tobacco, so this is in my wheelhouse.   It's very dark, fairly moist and easy to take even with the fine grind.   Minimal burn and drip.  The nic hit is quick and significant.  The floral/perfume scent is quite long lasting.  But I also get some menthol / mint, a bit of coffee, light citrus and some sweet spices.   Good stuff!   :)

OM Tempete.

It's really good, don't get me wrong, but the tin of Evangeline I just finished is a TOUGH act to follow!

Had some OM Lambic last night.

Compared to when I first tried this back in April, the aromas have really started to blossom. There is much more fruit apparent. Nothing I can really pick out individually, but sort of a medley of sweet, stewed fruit.

Getting into a rhythm ...

Menthol in the morning (McC O&G or PG Apricot)
Fruit before lunch (Toque)
Slightly heavier in the afternoon (Santo Domingo, Old Paris, 6P Special)
After dinner dessert (Old Mill, Abraxas, Bernard Schmalzler)

:geek:

OM Pumpernickel Toast

Just as the name implies, that's what you get. Smells just like a fresh cut loaf of pumpernickel bread with some background sweetness. The color is similar as well ... like dark butterscotch. Minimal burn, small amount of drip and a decent level of vitamin N. Very nice.

:rabbit:

Haven't snuffed in a while, but now that my bronchitis has cleared up and I'm not congested having a little Toque St. Clemens. Thanks again Blackhorse! :)

OM Marlin Spike.

Every time I reach to crack open a new tin, I think to myself "Ok. Time to use something other than Old Mill for a change. Well, I'll just try ONE pinch from this blend I've been curious about, then I'll put it back in the fridge. Nope - too good, must SNUFF IT ALL!!!"

First go 'round with F&T Morocco. The grind is more fine than Santo Domingo or Old Paris and the color a few shades lighter than OP. In the tin you can definitely smell the geraniums and some mild citrus in the background. In my nose however, the citrus comes right up to the front and I'm reminded more of soap than geraniums in the back. It's still pleasant, but this one will be an acquired taste rather than one I enjoy right off the bat. Moderate nicotine, mild burn and minimal drip.

:study:

Took a quick break from snuff, as I frequently do. Back with a little Toque Quit and Viking Dark.

Several bumps of 6 Photo Special today.    This is definitely a top 10 favorite for me.

Also recently tried 6 Photo Super Kailash.    Color is a light chocolate brown with a medium fine grind.  Unusual tin aroma of fresh urinal cakes.   Really.  :shock:  
I was a bit apprehensive, but decided to take a shot. Lots of incense aromas with light touches of spiciness and menthol.  Not too bad.   It won't make the top 10, but I'll take some on occasion.  

Now pass me the chicken tikka masala, some naan and a cup of chai tea.  :farao: