What are you snuffing?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Samuel Gawith Raspberry I Love the taste, smell and texture, Long Lasting in the nose.
I like it.
Ed

I enjoy Toque Raspberry Menthol. It also hangs in the nose for a good while. Yesterday was a Wilsons Tom Buck day, for an SP snuff it is one of the best. Today was Crumbs of Comfort, I find myself not snuffing this as much as I did when I first started but still a favorite.

Tube Rose Followed by
Samuel Gawith Raspberry very interesting! Excellent kick!
Ed

Tube Rose Followed by
Samuel Gawith Raspberry
I appreciate and am using the samples Brother.
Ed

Got a couple of new snuffs today, part of the case-lot sale from Tobacco Supermarket cleaning out their inventory before end of the month.

Both Wilsons. Prime Minister is a spearmint with menthol, kind of a Crumbs of Comfort on steroids. Not quite as powerful as my favorite Aniseed extra but a good blast of menthol with the refreshing spearmint coming through afterwards. Very nice and will quickly enter into the rotation.

Second was Lemon Grove. Very much like a SP style snuff, with the lemon not nearly as intense a citrus note as is the bergamot in an SP like Tom Buck. After the initial snuff, the tobacco comes through and stays with you, again very reminiscent of an SP snuff.

Both of these are medium grind, not sneezy or burning. For just over $1 per 25gm tin, I am very happy with my purchase.

Hunter5117":62t5p4n5 said:
Got a couple of new snuffs today, part of the case-lot sale from Tobacco Supermarket cleaning out their inventory before end of the month.

Both Wilsons. Prime Minister is a spearmint with menthol, kind of a Crumbs of Comfort on steroids. Not quite as powerful as my favorite Aniseed extra but a good blast of menthol with the refreshing spearmint coming through afterwards. Very nice and will quickly enter into the rotation.

Second was Lemon Grove. Very much like a SP style snuff, with the lemon not nearly as intense a citrus note as is the bergamot in an SP like Tom Buck. After the initial snuff, the tobacco comes through and stays with you, again very reminiscent of an SP snuff.

Both of these are medium grind, not sneezy or burning. For just over $1 per 25gm tin, I am very happy with my purchase.
Thanks for the heads up. I went ahead and picked up some Prime Minister. Crumbs of Comfort on steroids you say? Would that make it close to say Extra Crumbs of Comfort? I am hoping so because that is my go to snuff and if this stuff is just as good, I will be set for a long time. Either way, it sounds like it will be enjoyable. Thanks again!

-Scott

Hunter5117":6xvg69bp said:

I am very happy for you. You did good to get in on the Super Market sale out. I had to replace a heat pump or I would have invested in that deal also. Maybe I will survive using these U.S. scotches and enjoy the samples a BoB so kindly sent me. Until I can order me some of the good stuff. And if PACT don't get us.
Ed

scottbtdmb":vlvybgdt said:
Thanks for the heads up. I went ahead and picked up some Prime Minister. Crumbs of Comfort on steroids you say? Would that make it close to say Extra Crumbs of Comfort? I am hoping so because that is my go to snuff and if this stuff is just as good, I will be set for a long time. Either way, it sounds like it will be enjoyable. Thanks again!

-Scott
I have never tried Extra CofC. Let me know how it compares. I mostly like a real strong blast of menthol, especially in the mornings to clear the head. Along with about 6 tins of Aniseed Extra, I think this will keep me going for a while.

I should have also mentioned that Tobacco Supermarket is run by a very nice lady. I accidentally messed up the date on my CC and after holding my order for a couple of days to be sure, she emailed me and I got it corrected in time to beat the end of June deadline. Talked to her on the phone and she is a genuine tobacco enthusiast, concerned about all the nonsense going on and hopes we find ways to continue our hobby.

White President (2 parts Dholakia White to 1 part Ozona President)

PegLegEd":5fg638lh said:
White President (2 parts Dholakia White to 1 part Ozona President)
Haven't tried blending any snuffs yet - makes for some interesting ideas...

It is a cool and wet night, so no evening pipe. I am on my second scotch after a long hard day, and my tin of Toque Whisky & Honey is close at hand. Plus very likely a pinch or two of Wilson of Sharrow Aniseed Extra to clear the head before bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.