What do you collect besides pipes?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heh, well thank you. If I ever get around to photographing all my stuff ( which I'm sure I won't ) I'll add it to here. Theres just too much of it.

Aside from being a hobby, I'm a Fly Fishing Guide in Alaska. As well as a SteelHead Guide here in WNY.

Although when asked about what I do for work I answer Carpenter because my real full time job when I'm not in Alaska is Commercial and Residential construction.

So I guess I collect tools to .....

riff raff":8a05vlxw said:
I work for Roy Rogers Restaurants and collect odds and ends of his collectibles, books, etc.
You know, I never drew the connection between Roy Rogers Restaurants and Roy Rogers. :lol:

How did I not know that? :roll: :lol:

WnyPiper, I tie flys too, but after looking at your set up and flies, I am NEVER going to show any pictures of mine on here! :lol: Good work! Nice setup too. 8)

WnyPiper, I tie flys too, but after looking at your set up and flies, I am NEVER going to show any pictures of mine on here! :lol: Good work! Nice setup too. 8)
Ahhh bro it shouldn't be like that. I've tied flies and collected materials over time. I didn't come out the gate tying flies like that ( and I'm by no means super at it either. I can point out things in all of those flies that could use improvement ) It takes practice. I'd love to see samples of your ties. I'm sure we will be able to teach each other things and we will both walk away from it better tiers.

I request that you reconsider your position on posting your ties. I for one would love to see them.

- Tony -

WnyPiper":mptgr7ml said:
Ahhh bro it shouldn't be like that. I've tied flies and collected materials over time. I didn't come out the gate tying flies like that ( and I'm by no means super at it either. I can point out things in all of those flies that could use improvement ) It takes practice. I'd love to see samples of your ties. I'm sure we will be able to teach each other things and we will both walk away from it better tiers.

I request that you reconsider your position on posting your ties. I for one would love to see them.

- Tony -
It's not modesty, I'm just not that good... but I only tie a couple dozen flies a year or so, it's one of those projects I keep on the back burner. Maybe at some point I'll photograph some. A very blurry photograph to make them look better than they really are. :lol:

I also used to make some wooden lures, they really weren't too bad. I kept one of them, the rest I gave away to friends. I need to get a new lathe so I can make some more.

Well, you ever get around to doing that shoot me a PM so I don't miss the post !

Breweriana, primarily pre-prohibition serving trays with some miscellaneous stuff thrown in....and way too many pipes to count.

Operating systems. I have a network with scores of VAX/PDP11 and 386 emulators running various operating systems like RT11 BSD Ultrix Fuzzball UNIX etc..

After cleaning out my kitchen cupboards after 10 years it seems that I unknowingly collect Pyrex and quart size Mason jars.

George Kaplan":6q82f1qt said:
Regrets. I've got a few.
But then again, too few to mention.
But at least you did it your way. :twisted:

I have 1400 or so LP's

trumpet mouthpieces, just inherited a whole shoebox full :cheers:

Razors and soaps, strops, brushes and the like! Single edge, double edge, and mostly straights. I can't wait to get home so I can post some hi def pics in the Haberdashery.

I don't belong to a razor forum though as I find the guys kind of boring, unlike here. They do have us on photography, though. I chalk it up to pipers being more go and less show.

Brewdude":rr2wtq30 said:
I've been collecting aches and pains the older I get. Does that count?

Cheers,

RR
You and me both! I don't go out searching for them though :D