What do you do for a living

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm an emergency services dispatcher. I've worked in law enforcement and public safety in one capacity or another for more than 20 years.

Retired from the USAF (1993) and FAA (2008). Have a consulting business and do contract teaching at the FAA Center in OKC. Rest of the time I'm traveling between OKC and Raleigh. Play Grampa as much as possible and keep up with our spread-out family. Life could be worse :pipe: FTRPLT

Wire Electrical Discharge Machine (WEDM) operator/programmer. A fancy name for a CNC operator where I use small diameter brass wire to cut 4 axis shapes into steel for building mold /tool parts. Been in the mold making industry for 40 years now, where did the time go??? lol
:pipe: :pipe:
Very interesting to see the diverse community we have here. It just goes to show that pipesmokers come from all walks of life and that we're all great folks. :D :D

Was an alcoholic bum all my life, stemmed in 5 or 6 countries, asked to leave a few :D , went I worked low end jobs, now that I've been sober for a while , just a retired bum, Ken :tongue:

I used to work at a used book store, but just got a new job as a worship leader for one of the college ministries here at East Central University.

:)

Irene Adler":s4b4qm80 said:
I used to work at a used book store, but just got a new job as a worship leader for one of the college ministries here at East Central University.

:)
Way to go Amy! Please post some of your worship sets.

Trucker hauling explosives for the mining industry.
The nice thing about trucking is the freedom to smoke whenever I like.
Just rolling down the road with 43 tons of high explosives and pulling
on a stogie.

pipetongue1":civkdk8d said:
Was an alcoholic bum all my life, stemmed in 5 or 6 countries, asked to leave a few :D , went I worked low end jobs, now that I've been sober for a while , just a retired bum, Ken :tongue:
You also forgot, "the best dad a kid could have" :lol:

Your son,
Dock

I'm actually a former design student at Parson's NYC. I have a background in interior and furniture design. My father got sick mid way through my second year and being an only child I returned to take over his used car dealership.

:lol: I'm a plaid suit wearin' used car dealer folks! As for my dad, he's been in remission from leukemia for nearly a decade. At almost 80 y.o. he still comes to work EVERY day! :lol:

Danish_Pipe_Guy":iwb87oqm said:
:lol: I'm a plaid suit wearin' used car dealer folks! As for my dad, he's been in remission from leukemia for nearly a decade. At almost 80 y.o. he still comes to work EVERY day! :lol:
That's awesome Dock! Your dad being well and coming to work at 80, that is! :D

Justpipes":mr924ns4 said:
Danish_Pipe_Guy":mr924ns4 said:
That's awesome Dock! Your dad being well and coming to work at 80, that is! :D
I want to see you in that plaid suit. :lol!:

That is great that you and your dad have that kind of relationship.

LL":tqaz9xtv said:
Yak pays me to aggravate TJ, and TJ pays me to aggravate Yak. A half-dozen guys pay me to aggravate JT. Added together it's enough to live pretty well. (JP is so much fun I piss him off as a freebie.)

LMAO! When I read such pearls of wit, I realize how much I've missed ol' LL lately.

It's like the deafening silence that invades the house when the wife takes the boys to visit family.... feels good for a day or two, followed by the unpleasant awareness that something just isn't as it should be.... ah, probably just forgot to take a laxative. :mrgreen:

BTW: I'm employed as a sales consultant for an engineering plastics firm, primarily assisting project engineers and maintenance planners in pulp & paper mills and sawmills.

I've worn several hats over the years, I've been an offset printer, factory worker, dairy farm owner, land surveyor, and currently work for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. I have degrees in Mathematics and Geography/GIS. Now, if I can just figure out what I want to be when I grow up.....

Several jobs to date for me as well. I was a DJ (top 40), Worked as a Recording Engineer in a recording studio in Muscle Shoals, Al for a few years. Journeyman pipe fitter/plumber/gas fitter for 10 years. I'm currently a Teamsters hauling wine and liquor from state lines to international borders in NY state.

I'm a director in a large private company. I run the seminar division of an Independent Financial Adviser in the UK. I also look after the marketing generally, and the website, which I also designed.

I sleep when I'm not busy.

I am a medical device distributor. Basically, I sell the implants that surgeons use for total joint replacements, spine implants, and other ancillary products.