WHAT is going on with THIS site ?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had issues all yesterday and most of the day today. All is good now. It didn't matter if I was at work (200Mb connection) or at home (2Mb connection). It took forever to load. I know we had a similar problem not too long ago. I think the routers in this area were having a hard time updating the route tables for this site. There must have been a service outage somewhere. It is all good now. I had a similar issue with another forum that I frequent, and it is now fixed.

Just noticed this thread. I too had the problem, for what it's worth. Using Firefox in upstate NY.

could be much worse.. the site across the street has been down for days (again)

...I can't speak for Adam and Kirk, but no snags across the pond in Blighty...

Brewdude":fyw9jvjx said:
Had some problems with slow loading earlier this day, but seems to be OK now.

Cheers,

RR
Same here BD, It's just par for the course around here. :fpalm:
This is the only site that seems to be affected.

I understand when ONE writes with some word SHOUTED and others spoken, it slows down the INTERNETS!!!

Makes sense, all the extra bytes in the capitals take up a lot of bandwidth. Personally, I kind of feel bad for the people footing the bill around here everytime I capitalize a word, and then there's the acronyms...

I too had issues with the board around the time this thread started, for a day or so, but it's been its usual perky self ever since.

Anyone else not getting notifications of updates? I haven't gotten one in two days (I did check, and the correct preferences are still in place)

DrT999":72ia8swl said:
Anyone else not getting notifications of updates?  I haven't gotten one in two days (I did check, and the correct preferences are still in place)
Notifications are iffy for me. I get them about half the time.

Fr_Tom":hx0eumaa said:
DrT999":hx0eumaa said:
Anyone else not getting notifications of updates?  I haven't gotten one in two days (I did check, and the correct preferences are still in place)
Notifications are iffy for me. I get them about half the time.
I have no clue what you are on about!?

:?:

Cheers,

RR

DrT999":lmol1y8z said:
Not sure why. But notifications are running a couple days late. I just got notified of a new member that I setup two days ago. Something we have no control over. So I have been making random checks for new users instead of waiting for the email notification.

Fr_Tom":il00feyp said:
If you post something, the next reply to the thread sends you an email.
This has NEVER happened to me since I started posting!! Why do they do it?

monbla256":hzak69hv said:
Fr_Tom":hzak69hv said:
If you post something, the next reply to the thread sends you an email.
This has NEVER happened to me since I started posting!! Why do they do it?

There's a feature at the bottom right that says "Watch this topic for replies". By clicking on it you'll get an e-mail notification when there are new posts.

Cheers,

RR

Carlos":n7zxuoty said:
DrT999":n7zxuoty said:
Not sure why.  But notifications are running a couple days late.  I just got notified of a new member that I setup two days ago.  Something we have no control over.  So I have been making random checks for new users instead of waiting for the email notification.
Thanks! I was hoping it was something like that (as opposed to problems on my end, etc)

It's taken me 10 minutes to get to this point to post this question. Is anyone else having problems TODAY? I've run my diagnostics on my 'puter and have had NO problems with ANY OTHER site I've been to today!

You just type slow old timer.....

Seriously though, all is well on my ipad and phone.