What's with the ads?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that much... About 40 a year to keep the ads off and another 10 or so for the domain name.

Well, once again, thank you for paying it to keep us add-free. And let us know if you want help, I'm sure we would all be more than willing!

jhuggett":iba5bq4t said:
Not that much... About 40 a year to keep the ads off and another 10 or so for the domain name.
I had no idea! Wow, that´s nice of you to take care of that... I never really noticed the lack of banners, but I appreciate NOT seeing them even more now. KUDOS!!!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

When I first set up there board the host didn't have them. Then they put up text ads that only showed to non members. That was fine but when they changed to full blown flash ads to everyone I thought that was ridiculous. I hate ads as much as anyone and I don't mind the little cost involved to keep the place ad free.

A lot of the people that host forums with the provider are complaining about it and I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually cave and try to find a better way of doing things. In the mean time it's a small price to pay for not having to deal with it. :lol:

No ads have appeared for me, but then again I'm a newbie.

Thanks for keeping this site ad free, and I'd gladly pony up for anything that keeps this site pure.

Cheers,

RR

:D

I was seeing one for heartguard before I logged in, after logging in it did not show up. MIKE

SPUD 15":k7nduitd said:
I was seeing one for heartguard before I logged in, after logging in it did not show up. MIKE
Me too. I really appreciate the site being ad free, jhuggett! You're one of the good ones :)

I just bought an HP calculator on line 5 minutes ago from the HP store using paypal. After checking out, I came here and an HP ad came up before I logged in (gone after I logged in). WTF? Coincidence? Do HP ads come up for anyone?

While connecting to the site this AM from my phone I got a pop-up ad for mobilewinner.org?

Have been in the media for over 40+ years - owned my Advertising Agency for 29+ - Think about this -
BOB is FREE - the banners help keep it FREE - click on the banner to make the advertiser believe its
working - they will continue to advertise and keep BOB FREE.

Just got hit with snow - probably an inch or two - it's beautiful - 21º - more snow on the way this
afternoon. Sitting in my office in east end of a 30X60 bldg close to our home - looking out two
large windows - smokin Erik Nording pipe - F&K Black Bayou Mist - still waiting on my backorder
@ P&C of Lancer Slices - my 6 year old Grandson is running in and out playing in the snow.

Some of you will appreciate this if you are in the Advertising business - I have 6 19" TV's with all
the stations in OKC on them so I can see my local clients commercials running and one giant flat
screen which is always on the FOX News Channel. I have mentioned before that I am semi-retired -
only working 2 or 3 hours a day - NEED MORE TO DO. Damn it's hard not typing in caps after doing it
all these years - whatever it takes - I'll make it happen!

Make it a Super Sunday - God Bless All Our American Military World Wide - Especially Those Who Have
Paid The Ultimate Price For Our Freedom!

FishFuzz in Oregon - happen to check out your Tobacco Cellar - WOW!
What a selection of pipe tobacco - VERY IMPRESSIVE!

Make it a Super Sunday!

Anyone seeing ads again? Not checked on my laptop but they're here on my phone...