What's with the ads?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see ads for child welfare agencies, auto parts, pipe fitter supplies, and Panera bread. :lol:

gravel":4dojtoqj said:
I see ads for child welfare agencies, auto parts, pipe fitter supplies, and Panera bread. :lol:
Much of what I see is ads for Filipino women, Ukraine women, Thai women, Asian women, etc. Some of the banners even include the option to send a message or a "gift".

This is complete BS afaic, and is an affront to the community. I don't ever visit sites such as those and never will. They can stick them where the sun don't shine for all I care.

It's a downer when your provider chooses to step as low as this.

:x

No Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":5s7hxjk9 said:
It's a downer when your provider chooses to step as low as this.
Everyone's gotta make money somehow. One option would be BoB to host itself and install phpBB, and then run its own ads. The money would go toward hosting but members might need to guarantee that with donations if it fell short. I don't know what the traffic to this site is like but you're probably looking at $30 a month in hosting. This is why people turn to free services: they're easier and no money out of pocket which could be spent on tobacco.

....anyone else getting pop ups? I have several over the last few days. Not sure if it's a forum thing.

(Android phone).

Stick":co6qfshv said:
....anyone else getting pop ups? I have several over the last few days. Not sure if it's a forum thing.

(Android phone).
I logged on through Google Chrome yesterday and was hammered by ad's all over the place, played merry hell on my CPU fan, got so bad I had to quit the site, logged back in with FF, I have adblock & noscript running on both browsers but the versions on GC don't work very well, the versions on FF keeps them all under control.

Not sure if there are equivalent blockers for android though!

...it's not just the ads Kirk, I'm actually getting new pages open on my phone. That's never happened before on any site for me and it hasn't happened on my computer yet. Weird.

Stick":zjjdpmjj said:
...it's not just the ads Kirk, I'm actually getting new pages open on my phone.  That's never happened before on any site for me and it hasn't happened on my computer yet.  Weird.
Probably an ad attacking a specific vulnerability in the phone browser(s); desktop pop-up blocking is pretty good at this point.

They're back.

I was I only thinking a few days ago how good it has been to enjoy several monthe of ad free BoBing when blow me down with a feather, I log on tonight and the banner ads are back. Oh well, it was nice whilst it lasted.

Confirmed, I'm getting pounded by ads, top and bottom of threads listed as posts from "sponsored content".

deathmetal":vfmty7pm said:
Stick":vfmty7pm said:
...it's not just the ads Kirk, I'm actually getting new pages open on my phone.  That's never happened before on any site for me and it hasn't happened on my computer yet.  Weird.
Probably an ad attacking a specific vulnerability in the phone browser(s); desktop pop-up blocking is pretty good at this point.
Ads are also hitting me on my laptop.

I kinda thought we were about due.  I'll say something to Jason.  That is something Founders deal with.

Have patience. It is being dealt with.

Carlos":hbbyub3m said:
I kinda thought we were about due.  I'll say something to Jason.  That is something Founders deal with.

Have patience.  It is being dealt with.  
Actually,

I simply changed my banner setting on my security suite. Problem solved for me.

Thanks for the response Carlos. :)

I’ve got’em. Had’em since yesterday. I’m sure Carlos and the rest of the admin team will get it fixed ASAP. :)

AJ

Ads getting aggressive. I'm back once again to my phone getting pop ups asking me to claim my trillion pound prize and the phone buzzes more than a top seller at Anne Summers.

Sorry Carlos... :oops: