What's with the ads?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carlos":7q7koqpa said:
 I will try to replicate this problem when I am in the hamshack on the Windows machine and see if I can figure it out.
Thanks!

Carlos":o4g2vhds said:
Curious.  The only way I could see that ad, or the banner, as it changes.  Was to log out and kill Adblock Plus.  I then logged back in and it disappeared even with Adblock Plus off.  That is the way it is supposed to work.

I checked the main admin screen dealing with ads and it is set to limit ads.  Guests see them.

If you are seeing them, it is something in your browser that is allowing them though.  Emptying cache has always been the standard fix.  I will try to replicate this problem when I am in the hamshack on the Windows machine and see if I can figure it out.  But it's gonna take time.
Carlos, If you look back on this thread to it's beginning you'll find that there was one instant where jhuggett
said he forgot to pay the extra for eliminating the ads, maybe that's what happen? :scratch:
If this is correct I'm sure others including myself would be more then willing to donate a little cash to the website to keep them off and at the same show our appreciation to BOB and it's behind the scenes
creators and those who keep it up and running. ;)

Ad Blocker Plus for Firefox got rid of them for me, without any deleterious effects on other sites that I can see, yet. Too bad the ads didn't bother me all that much. Ah, well.

Richard Burley":n05nc214 said:
Ad Blocker Plus for Firefox got rid of them for me, without any deleterious effects on other sites that I can see, yet. Too bad the ads didn't bother me all that much. Ah, well.
The problem is the Ads don't suppose to be there at all when logged in. I too have gone back to Ad Blocker Plus to eliminate them but, the minute it gives me problems again, it's banished forever and I reckon I'll just suck it up and deal with the dad burn Ads. :suspect:

If we all were seeing them when logged in and without Adblock Plus, then yes. Someone forgot to pay the bill. But that's not what's happening at the moment. Only some members are seeing them when logged in.

Flumuxed. Browsing history, caches, etc deleted. Logged out, restarted machine, logged in; no change :confused: Pretty confident it's not my end but can't be 100% as I'm not a computer wizard. Looks like for me the ads are here to stay :fpalm:

Carlos":t4pxx65j said:
If we all were seeing them when logged in and without Adblock Plus, then yes.  Someone forgot to pay the bill.  But that's not what's happening at the moment.  Only some members are seeing them when logged in.
Hmm :scratch:

Stick":ouutuw8i said:
Flumuxed.  Browsing history, caches, etc deleted.  Logged out, restarted machine, logged in; no change  :confused: Pretty confident it's not my end but can't be 100% as I'm not a computer wizard.  Looks like for me the ads are here to stay :fpalm:
I reinstalled Ad Blocker Plus and the Ads are gone but, I suggest you only install it at your discretion see'en I've had minor problems linking to it in the past.

Cartaphilus":znh4yfrk said:
Stick":znh4yfrk said:
Flumuxed.  Browsing history, caches, etc deleted.  Logged out, restarted machine, logged in; no change  :confused: Pretty confident it's not my end but can't be 100% as I'm not a computer wizard.  Looks like for me the ads are here to stay :fpalm:
I reinstalled Ad Blocker Plus and the Ads are gone but, I suggest you only install it at your discretion see'en I've had minor problems linking to it in the past.
Ron,
Just installed ABP, restarted my machine and guess what... the ads are still there.
Yours,
Doubly Flumuxed.

Stick":lc6lz0iy said:
Cartaphilus":lc6lz0iy said:
Stick":lc6lz0iy said:
Ron,
Just installed ABP, restarted my machine and guess what... the ads are still there.
Yours,
Doubly Flumuxed.
You sure you have it enabled? That's just weird otherwise cause I can't see any ads right now. :scratch:

Cartaphilus":lasvsu9j said:
Stick":lasvsu9j said:
Cartaphilus":lasvsu9j said:
Stick":lasvsu9j said:
Ron,
Yours,
Doubly Flumuxed.
You sure you have it enabled? That's just weird otherwise cause I can't see any ads right now. :scratch:
Uninstalled and then re-installed. Seems to be working so far now Ron. Thanks for the guidance!

... and now they're back again. ABP is definitely enabled. AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH.

I'm going to bed.

Carlos":6d14fyla said:
If we all were seeing them when logged in and without Adblock Plus, then yes.  Someone forgot to pay the bill.  But that's not what's happening at the moment.  Only some members are seeing them when logged in.

I'm seein' em. But I don't really care. :|

Stick":y5wpyu2z said:
... and now they're back again.  ABP is definitely enabled. AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH.

I'm going to bed.
That's weird Stick, couldn't tell ya what is going on there. :scratch:

An after thought. ..

I started seeing them on my phone at exactly the same time...

Stick":y75i021c said:
... and now they're back again.  ABP is definitely enabled. AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH.

I'm going to bed.
It's the NSA ... they are compiling lists of smokers for Obamacare. :pig:

Still seeing the ads.

In fact, a lot of them have to do with sites that advertise Filipino Women, Ukraine Women, Asian Women, and "Beth" that wants to "talk" with you. All on the click of a mouse. Gimme a break.......

Seriously, who in God's green earth is going to be taken in by these scams?  

I guess there must be a market for those lonely and gullible men who have nothing better to do than to choke the chicken over false photos in an unfulfilled fantasy of a serious relationship with some hot babe 20-30 years younger. Makes me want to barf!

Sure would like to find a way to eliminate this crap from slowing down this site (which it does). Yet based on comments from Ron it may be counterproductive.

Just having a rant..........

:x

No Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":seelqi6v said:
Still seeing the ads.

In fact, a lot of them have to do with sites that advertise Filipino Women, Ukraine Women, Asian Women, and "Beth" that wants to "talk" with you. All on the click of a mouse. Gimme a break.......

Seriously, who in God's green earth is going to be taken in by these scams?  

I guess there must be a market for those lonely and gullible men who have nothing better to do than to choke the chicken over false photos in an unfulfilled fantasy of a serious relationship with some hot babe 20-30 years younger. Makes me want to barf!

Sure would like to find a way to eliminate this crap from slowing down this site (which it does). Yet based on comments from Ron it may be counterproductive.

Just having a rant..........

:x

No Cheers,

RR
BD, I'm back to using AdBlock Plus and not having any problems (Knock on Wood).
If you down load it make sure you download it from There site so as to make sure your getting the original. Adblock Plus

To be honest Rande, I've given up trying. I've installed adblock and am confident it's working as it should but I'm still seeing ads. That I'm seeing them on my phone too now makes me think that the snag is not this end. My new Asian wife tends to agree, though after chatting with Beth it seems I may need to reinstall adblock. ;)

I am getting no such ads............

I used to do computer repair in the last decade or so, and most of the stuff that pops up on your machines is allowed by the user, in some way or another......

It might be good to go through your list of programs and internet browser add-ons and see if there was something you installed that allows those pop-ups....

If those options don't work, then there are more complicated options....