What's your 9 to 5??

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cartaphilus":x5vn9y7r said:
DrT999":x5vn9y7r said:
PiperCub":x5vn9y7r said:
Yup..at least in Oregon they do...pump your gas and everything
I thought they were limited to Oregon and New Jersey these days. . . . (if they are still required in NJ)
And probably charge more for it too.
Oregon gas seems to be less expensive than California and comparable to Washington. Naturally it varies from town to town.

huffelpuff":vhk2xxul said:
I retired 17 years ago. Back in the day though I worked in a forensics lab identifying human skeletal remains for the state of Texas.

Jim
Eew! Hardcore!  :pale: 

LMAO! Yup it was not a job most folks wanted anything to do with!

Jim

Now Ron, I always listened to my customers as it were. You'd be amazed at what a piece of bone the size of a dime can tell you if you listen.

PC there's always lots of stories. Most of them however don't have happy endings. Or worse they tend to cause people to have nightmares. Nothing quite like mans inhumanity to man to fester in your mind.

Jim

Used to write software for big IBM machines, now I test software written for Windows thingies.
It's much more fun breaking other peoples programs than writing your own though less productive in the pursuit of popularity  :D 

Adam

huffelpuff":wc1pz4kx said:
Now Ron, I always listened to my customers as it were. You'd be amazed at what a piece of bone the size of a dime can tell you if you listen.

Jim
Touche!  ;) 

Cartaphilus":p6plxae8 said:
jonnylaw13":p6plxae8 said:
Gas station attendant, but start a new job on Monday, back to the town factory making hard wood sports floors. If you watch college basketball there is a good chance you've seen a floor made here in northern WI
Gas station attendant? They still have those?
not this sort of gas station attendant, more your run of the mill c-store cashier, but i might as well pump the gas with how many tourist dont know what to do when there's not card swiper on the pump! there are 2 full service stations in know of in the area but i use "full service" loosely as they only pump gas, they no longer check your tire and oil or wash your windows, but it is rare now days for people to know what "customer service" means

I am a tech. In the marine industry. Along with desk clerk at the family business but that is only during the season. And yes they still pump our gas for us in Jersey.
Once the summer season calms down I hope to get my captains license. If I'm not on the water I' usually pretty cranky

I'm a college professor. I teach humanities and religious studies.

I'm an electrician for MillerCoors. I got the best job keeping all the machines working properly for the second biggest brewer.

For the past 6 months I'm a vender for a snack food Co. For the better part of 20 years prior I worked as a sales rep for a major food Co. until they closed down the division I was in.

Law enforcement. Trust me...I work for the government.  :shock: :twisted: :shock: :twisted: 

Spent the last 45 years drawing pictures of buildings  :twisted:  Was an architectural draftsman and worked myself into poverty  :twisted:  Now I'm "retired" and spend my days napping with my kittehs and smoking my pipes and taking care of my 89 yo mother. :twisted: :twisted: 

fsu92john":z3ufi94x said:
but do you have a jacket with leather patches on the elbows?  :D 

DrT999":50a24fma said:
fsu92john":50a24fma said:
but do you have a jacket with leather patches on the elbows?  :D 
Tweed jacket, no patches.  :lol!: 

I'm a multirole tech in the Special Projects division of an IT department for a company that produces financial software.

Basically, if you've seen Office Space, I work for Initech.

I mainly handle WAN/networking issues(I spend a LOT of time inside Cisco routers and switches), but my specialty and degree field is that of programming, so I handle all of the software development projects and most of the scripting in my department.

Not a bad gig, although I'm on call pretty frequently, so I spend a lot of my off-work hours smoking and staring at a computer.  :tongue: