What's your 9 to 5??

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alandadp":gqhi7o2b said:
Used to write software for big IBM machines, now I test software written for Windows thingies.
It's much more fun breaking other peoples programs than writing your own though less productive in the pursuit of popularity  :D 

Adam

Isn't that the truth!!!! I'd rather find the bugs in software than fix them...

'99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs,
fix 1 bug, compile it again, 101 little bugs in the code'...

images.jpeg

Cartaphilus":mke83aay said:
DrT999":mke83aay said:
PiperCub":mke83aay said:
Yup..at least in Oregon they do...pump your gas and everything
I thought they were limited to Oregon and New Jersey these days. . . . (if they are still required in NJ)
And probably charge more for it too.
You'd be surprised.

I have lived on the NJ boarder my whole life (first in NY and now in PA) and gas has always been so much cheaper over there that it has been worth the drive into Jersey to fill up.

Retired from the USAF in 1993; did the same from the FAA in 2008. Since the I do contract instructing and do consulting work on a very part-time basis. I need lots of time smoke up all this good 'baccy I've been aging all these years!!!! :cheers: FTRPLT

Mozjo33":yl7tkglv said:
Law enforcement. Trust me...I work for the government.  :shock: :twisted: :shock: :twisted: 
Same here. Supervisory Gunslinger & Instructor  for the "G"...... You pay my salary and I DEMAND A RAISE!!!! :p

Cartaphilus":zwu5v8ll said:
d4klutz":zwu5v8ll said:
I used to be an IT helpdesk person, but I have moved over to facilities.  I am a facilities manager for an oil and gas company.  On my free time, not working or smoking, I work on diesel trucks.  I just picked up a 1962 willys jeep (running and driving) that needs a little tlc.  I should have it ready to sell in a month.  I should be able to double my money on it when I sell it.
You fishing for buyers? ;) 
I've always wanted a Willys P/U but, could never afford one.
Love to see some pics anyway.
I will try to post some pics tonight. I wasn't fishing for buyers, but.....  :lol!: 

I actually wasn't going to get rid of it, but it would take too much dinero to get it road worthy, and not just an off-road buggy. Old jeep Willys are in fairly high demand for restoration projects. So, I would love to get something else that is already roadworthy (and 4 wheel drive).

d4klutz":v82tal7i said:
Cartaphilus":v82tal7i said:
d4klutz":v82tal7i said:
I used to be an IT helpdesk person, but I have moved over to facilities.  I am a facilities manager for an oil and gas company.  On my free time, not working or smoking, I work on diesel trucks.  I just picked up a 1962 willys jeep (running and driving) that needs a little tlc.  I should have it ready to sell in a month.  I should be able to double my money on it when I sell it.
You fishing for buyers? ;) 
I've always wanted a Willys P/U but, could never afford one.
Love to see some pics anyway.
I will try to post some pics tonight.  I wasn't fishing for buyers, but.....  :lol!: 

I actually wasn't going to get rid of it, but it would take too much dinero to get it road worthy, and not just an off-road buggy.  Old jeep Willys are in fairly high demand for restoration projects.  So, I would love to get something else that is already roadworthy (and 4 wheel drive).
Aint got nothing like that sir, just an old 80 Toyota 3/4 Ton P/U sir but, would still love to see it.  ;) 

IT help desk at NASA , you wouldn't believe the questions rocket scientist ask about computers. :fpalm: 

I was a tool and die maker for 3 years. Got tired of places laying off or shutting down and I've worked for a pet crematory and cemetery for the last 13 years. I am now a "funeral service director" but still do pretty much every thing that I have been doing for the last thirteen years. Which is pretty much everything from running routes going to veterinary clinics, loading, pulling, and processing pets ashes, doing clay paw print, making burial arrangements, inventory, burial services, cremation services, landscaping at both of the cemeteries I manage, order all the headstones ect. Pretty much do everything but the accounting. On the side for hobby/business I have Boulder & Briar. Doing stone carving and making pipes. Been carving stone for 18 years, making pipes now for 3 years. Plus a family of five, that's hard work too :p
Busy, busy!

I must say we have an rather interesting group of post so far.
I wish more people would chime in.

Since some are listing past jobs I'll flesh mine out a bit.

I lied earlier, technically I am not currently hauling horses although I am still listed on the payroll. I've been couch bound with a work injury since April 14... Open ended on the return date (if ever)
Prior to hauling horses I was a bivocational chemical transporter/Ordained Deacon-lay preacher.
Before that I owned a trucking company.
Before that I worked in Security, mostly Body Guard stuff with a wee bit of Investigative work for Social Security/Workmans Comp lawyers.
Before that I grew weed.
Before that I was a Professional Hurry up and Wait guy.
And finally before that I worked in Tobacco.

DoverPipes":n80lmq1g said:
Mozjo33":n80lmq1g said:
Law enforcement. Trust me...I work for the government.  :shock: :twisted: :shock: :twisted: 
Same here. Supervisory Gunslinger & Instructor  for the "G"...... You pay my salary and I DEMAND A RAISE!!!! :p
Same here! A big raise! :flower: 

My job isn't interesting. Mostly password resets and telling people to reboot lol. :evil:  Telephone support doesn't get to help with the fun stuff. Every once in a while a civilian will find our number on the web some where and call to ask why the stars are following them. :fpalm: 

i.keenum":4gi661uc said:
My job isn't interesting. Mostly password resets and telling people to reboot lol. :evil:  Telephone support doesn't get to help with the fun stuff. Every once in a while a civilian will find our number on the web some where and call to ask why the stars are following them. :fpalm: 
Have you tried turning it off and on again? hahaha.

We once convinced some software engineers(!!!) where I work that when our core switch had a hiccup in the middle of the day, the reason nothing was working was because Google went down...

I thought I retired after 30 years of being a machinist but I grew restless.

For the last ten years I've been driving schoolbus.

The short ones. Transporting handicapped, wheelchair, and special needs students.

The EMT that rides with me is easy on the eyes and she doesn't like bras,,, :cheers:

Been told several times that macs never need to be rebooted and don't need updates. By "Mac users" Hhrrrumppphhh.  :lol: 

I am an Administrator for my family's long-term care company.

We provide 24-hour nursing and direct care staff in 13 group homes (regular houses out in the community) to 96 individuals with intellectual disabilities.

mark":zujl5cbz said:
I thought I retired after 30 years of being a machinist but I grew restless.

For the last ten years I've been driving schoolbus.

The short ones. Transporting handicapped, wheelchair, and special needs students.

The EMT that rides with me is easy on the eyes and she doesn't like bras,,, :cheers:
I wondered why Americans online used 'short bus' as an insult, but never thought enough of those using it to actually ask.

That's one, very minor, mystery solved for me.

I manage retail circulation sales for two local newspapers.

It's every bit as thrilling as it sounds  :|