What's your 9 to 5??

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started out a public school teacher, went into high tech project management, then onto non-profit program administration and now I am a Network Systems Administrator for the same non profit company.

i.keenum":uxk6dgxv said:
IT help desk at NASA , you wouldn't believe the questions rocket scientist ask about computers. :fpalm: 
Ian, funny you should say this. My father was a defense systems programmer for Lockheed Martin and I always get desktop support calls from him.  :lol:  He's way, and I mean WAY freakin smarter than I am.

i.keenum":e7c81zuc said:
My job isn't interesting. Mostly password resets and telling people to reboot lol. :evil:  Telephone support doesn't get to help with the fun stuff. Every once in a while a civilian will find our number on the web some where and call to ask why the stars are following them. :fpalm: 
Nuts. And here I was hoping you'd be part of some top secret NASA project like interstellar travel or some such!

:rabbit: 

Cheers,

RR

mark":olfofdoh said:
I thought I retired after 30 years of being a machinist but I grew restless.

For the last ten years I've been driving schoolbus.

The short ones. Transporting handicapped, wheelchair, and special needs students.

The EMT that rides with me is easy on the eyes and she doesn't like bras,,, :cheers:
I commend you sir. Thank You for your great service.

(Yes I am serious)

Pics of my jeep -- 1962 willys jeep

41626463_N3DBR3
[/url][/img]

41626463_N3DBR3
[/url][/img]

41626463_N3DBR3
[/url][/img]

That thing is beyond cool. Wish I had the cash to get a project vehicle right now, love those old trucks and jeeps. Had an 86 c-10 long bed. Drove like a boat. :D 

Nice!! I've got a '62 Mercury Monterey Custom I'm working on. All original, baby blue, 4 door sedan. It's got the Ford-Edsel 352 and weighs about 5200 pounds dry. It's a land yacht

I work in international education. Canada (in particular British Columbia) is in the process of opening up "offshore schools" around the world and my job is working as an administrator in one of them in Korea (used to be in China). My day to day entails marketing, curriculum development, translating, teaching and mentoring teachers. Never a dull moment!

Mechanical designer/drafter for the University of Arizona, at Steward Observatory. Currently working on the "Osiris-Rex project".

Tax CPA. Never a dull moment and tax season goes all year now.

Doctors have medical breakthroughs; we have Congress.

On my second career here...

Was with a three letter agency for 37 years, retired for two, got bored and now with the Law Society of Manitoba making sure the lawyers follow the rules.

i.keenum":na4hipnt said:
Been told several times that macs never need to be rebooted and don't need updates. By "Mac users"   Hhrrrumppphhh.  :lol: 
There really should be some sort of license required to use a computer.

This thread is fascinating! It is such a diverse group, but every story is so interesting. Wish I could sit down and talk to every one over a briar bowlfull.
Mike.

...I retired from the "formal" business world last year in order to raise my 5 youngest sons...they are "special needs" children whom I have adopted over the last several years. Between school and various appointments, it keeps me very busy, especially during the summer months. From 12 to 19 years of age, they are energetic and I stay on the go all day...My oldest son is 31 and I help-out with my grandkids, ages 9 and 11, when he is busy, as well...

I write math problems for a living--mainly elementary level. I write 'em; my partner sells 'em. If anyone's interested in trading a couple of ounces of baccy for a page of addition problems, let me know...