What's your favorite beer?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm tough one. Maybe...
Guinness
Newcastle
Anything from Stone Brewing Company
Mostly Craft and Micros in no particular order.

With all the wonderful brews out there I can't pick a favorite. My current favorite is Innis & Gunn Barrel Aged, from Scotland. I like both the golden lagar and dark versions. The dark in particular has a gorgeous viscous mouth feel.

Just found this tasty brew at my local Safeway. Excellent double bock comes in 1/2L bottles and is 7.9%.
paulaner.jpg

GamleVking":qenla47z said:
Just found this tasty brew at my local Safeway. Excellent double bock comes in 1/2L bottles and is 7.9%.
paulaner.jpg
That's a good one. You may also like Old Peculiar.

I've had the pleasure of drinking a few bottles of Old Peculiar. Thanks for the tip.

After having heart surgery I don't really drink anymore, which is fine since I did a lifetime's worth of imbibery beforehand! Picking an all time favorite would be an exercise in futility, though if a gun were to my head I would go with Guinness Draught. It's always been my go-to "I can't decide" beer. So much so that I have the Guinness harp logo tattooed on my forearm. It makes ordering in loud bars easy! :cyclops:

I don't drink much, and when I do I usually stick to traditional ales and some bitters. But if you get a chance to try Duvel, you may well like it, its a Belgian beer with a hell of a punch (for beer) at about 6.8%.

duvelt.jpg

I can also recommend:

Admiral's Ale
admiralsale.jpg

Tribute Extra
tributeextra.gif

Sharps doom bar
doombar.jpg

(Dartmoor) Jail Ale
jailc.jpg

There was also a red one that had religious overtones... Cardinals something? I drank a lot of it at my local one night and the details are fuzzy. I'll check into it and get back to you :)

Spitfire!!! :D There's a lot of beers I enjoy, much depending on a situation (like... Marston's Strong Pale Ale tastes great while in the sauna, and some nice weissbier while just out the sauna), and I know there's a world of beer out there to get to know (just thinking about it makes me smile :D ) but for years now a good pint of Spitfire is something that makes me instantly relax. Yum yum yum!

My fav would have to be either Guinness Draught or Blue Moon. However Blackstone Brewery's nut brown ale goes very well with dunhill 965.

For me, beer is like pipe tobacco; it's impossible to pick a favorite. There are too many great choices that have their own virtues. Besides, I get tired of the same thing over and over again. Variety is the spice...and all that.

Anyhow, I do have some preferences. These days I'm partial to red and amber ales. Currently, my go-to, solid-as-Gibraltar, everyday brewski is Killian's Red.

But there are so many different kinds of beer that it's impossible (for me, anyway) to equate them. How can one compare the brisk, hops-infested India pale ales with something as rich, dark, and chewy as MacEwan's Tartan Ale, or Asahi Premium Black? They're worlds apart.

I'm also fond of stouts. Trader Joe's Stockyard Oatmeal Stout is a nice offering. I'd have to say that I probably will always consider Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout to be the benchmark for my stoutish tastes.

:joker:

I have to qualify my favorite: I think some of the best beers I've ever tasted in my life are Belgian abbey ales and Trappist ales, like Trappistes Rochefort 10, St. Bernadus ABT12 and Tripel Karmeliet. Just astounding beers. I rate lots of other styles very highly as well, but my never-fail, fall-back favorite brew will probably always be Anchor Steam Beer. It refreshes without tasting watered down, it has a respectable hop profile but isn't a hop-bomb, and I've been able to buy it for as long as I've enjoyed beer, which I began doing back when Sam Adams was just an upstart, so it's also a sentimental favorite.

HCraven":i27frhs5 said:
...I think some of the best beers I've ever tasted in my life are Belgian abbey ales and Trappist ales, like Trappistes Rochefort 10, St. Bernadus ABT12 and Tripel Karmeliet. Just astounding beers...
OK...that clinches it. I have an old friend whom I don't see often these days, but I recall him saying once that the Trappist ales were among the best he had ever tasted. I'm definitely going to glom onto some and see for myself. :mrgreen:

Well lucky for me I work for a brewery. By my name you might could guess. Yep I work for MillerCoors. Not only do they supply me my favorite beers, but I get 3 cases free every month and 4 cases at a discount ( under 10 bucks ) a week. Not bragging, but it is a nice benefit. So, I like High Life, High Life Light is even better, Coors Banquet, Miller Lite, I love almost all the Leinenkugel's, a lot of the Blue Moons, some of the Henry Weinhardts, love Fosters, Redds Apple Ale, and we also do some contract brews therefore Pabst Blue Ribbon on draft is always good. I work on the original aluminum pint bottle line , the plant in Colorado has since put another line in, so if you drink anything out of these please continue to do so. It will keep another brother working and able to continue his pipe hobby. Happy Drinking, I believe It's Miller Time!

My favorite beer would be free beer, second favorite would be cold free beer.

Fatman":xg2lp4zl said:
My favorite beer would be free beer, second favorite would be cold free beer.
I have to admit that I don't get the cold beer thang. I acknowledge that some folks like it that way, but my preference is that the beer be cool—about 68° is perfect.

Different strokes fo' different folks, I guess. No prollem with free beer, though! :mrgreen:

Vito":j1mrs33z said:
HCraven":j1mrs33z said:
...I think some of the best beers I've ever tasted in my life are Belgian abbey ales and Trappist ales, like Trappistes Rochefort 10, St. Bernadus ABT12 and Tripel Karmeliet. Just astounding beers...
OK...that clinches it. I have an old friend whom I don't see often these days, but I recall him saying once that the Trappist ales were among the best he had ever tasted. I'm definitely going to glom onto some and see for myself. :mrgreen:

I think you'll really like them, Vito. While I enjoy most of the Authentic Trappist Products, abbey ales (i.e. those of similar styles brewed outside a Trappist monastery) are often just as good. They don't even need to come from Belgium or France. Ommegang, from New York, brews some exceptional Belgian and abbey-style ales that are widely available and often a bit cheaper than their imported counterparts. While I enjoy a cold beer as much as the next guy, these ales are best quaffed at warmer temperatures, so you should get along well with them.