What's your favorite beer?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heineken when it's ice cold or sometimes a Bud especially with a Partagas cigar. Now ask me what I drink with a pipe.

Any of the Trappists, and almost anything by Victory or Stone. Waaaay to difficult to name just one. I also have a soft spot for Hefeweizen - done right they're magnificent, done wrong it can be downright revolting.

And Marty...I'm guessing you like to pair your pipe smoking with something in the single malt category?

Avery The Matajara and of course anything by Clipper City/Heavy Seas, especially the Loose Cannon.

Foxfire":kmhzadu2 said:
Lately: TurboDog and Jockamo IPA from Abita. Can't stand their "Purple Haze" though.
Jockamo is an excellent summertime beer when you are out there turning over some steaks on the grill

Idbowman: You've got me pegged buddie. My open foul mouthwash is Pinch and Johnnie Red. Johnnie Blue Label is on deck. I have to finish the mate's drink before I hit the Captain's wheelhouse reserve. I have a bottle of Port chillin' in the fridge. This afternoon I plan to hit the wine. I go soft on Legal holidays.

Pabst Blue Ribbon. It's the only cheap beer I can taste. Steppin' up a bit, there's Samuel Adams Boston Lager for consistent great aftertaste. Love it. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, ditto. My nearest micro is Custom Brewcrafters in Honeoye Falls, NY. My favorite of theirs, if I had to choose, is Caged Alpha Monkey, an IPA. I believe it is currently their best seller. Looks like it might be crap; it ain't--trust me. Complex but balanced, if that makes sense.

monkey10.jpg
" />

I'm about 20 minutes from Southern Tier Brewery in Lakewood, NY... Incredible stuff, mostly because I'm a hophead and they make wonderful creations using lots of hops. I don't necessarily support them because they're local - I support them because the beer is absolutely incredible! Their being in my backyard is simply icing on the cake!

After that, I absolutely love Dogfish Head. The quirkier the better!

Sheaf Stout
Fuller's London Porter
Cooper's Best Extra Stout
Ditka's Coffee Stout

I don't care for bitter or tangy beers. Prefer grossly sweet and an abundance of chocolates and coffees.

Love many...one has my heart and soul...just glance below this type.

lucky for me I live in the state with the most breweries per capita in the US. On top of that I live in a city that has been voted as one of the best cities for beer in the world.

I don't think i could ever narrow it down to 1 beer. It all depends on my mood and what sounds good. Here lately I have been drinking a few different local black IPA's. New Belgium brewery has a seasonal out now called Snow Days that is really good. Odell's brewery has a double Black IPA that is outstanding as well. So many to choose from.

I love Beer.

Newcastle
Belhaven Scottish Ale
Guiness

Anything award winning in a Bier hall. Brauhaus Schmitz in Philly is an amazing Bierhall.

If your ever in New York City, BXL Belgium Cafe has an amazing house beer for cheap. Very citrusy.

Sheaf Stout
Fuller's London Porter
Ditka's Coffee Stout (seasonal beer at his restaurant that you can buy and take home as well)

I like sweet, coffee and chocolate beers, and I do not like bitterness at all. I prefer thick, dark, rich beers, but if it has even a hint of bitterness, it isn't for me. If anyone has recommendations, I'd love to hear them.

ive been drinking alot of wheat beers since its summer (drink em' during winter too but more heavily in the summer)

Some of my fav. Summer beers
1. leinenkugel sunset wheat
2. Paulaner Hefeweizen
3. Flying Dog In heat Wheat
4. HoeGaarden White
5. Harpoon UFO wheat

Im more of an Ale guy, so besides summer months, most of my beers consist of Smithwicks, Sam Adams OctoberFest, Blue Moon Winter Abbey Ale, Rolling Rock, Shiner Bock, Diamond Bear Pale Ale, Arrogant Bastard can be fun as well, but I prefer' stuff that has a real even balance to it, low on the IBUs. - Would love to get into some Trappist never tried a real one before, so I really wouldn't know what Im getting myself into..

Not a bad list, Grease. I go through phases where I can't get away from wheat beers. Do yourself a favor and try Schneider Weisse - its pretty much my go-to wheat.

As of three weeks ago, here are my top three:

1- Orange Blossom Pilsner
2- Fuller's ESB
3- Oskar Blues Mamas Little Yella Pils

Been dry the last three weeks while I do P90X. I MISS BEER.

idbowman":rtliytjw said:
Not a bad list, Grease. I go through phases where I can't get away from wheat beers. Do yourself a favor and try Schneider Weisse - its pretty much my go-to wheat.
I know my local beer store in memphis - Raffes Deli :) ..a few blocks from my Tobacco Store :), carries Schneider Weisse in a Victorian Pint. (19.8? i think)
Franziskaner Weissbier is another fav. I didn't mention..ive heard lots of Good things about Schneider tho'