Why did you choose your online name (handle)?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slow Puffs

Reaction score
I chose "Slow Puffs" to remind me to not smoke so quickly, to relax and enjoy the tobaccos I'm smoking... I'm also slow at typing, thinking, etc. :lol:

People would call me "E" (for Eric) back in the day, so I just added "Mister" to it. Absolutely nothing to do with "mystery", although that kinda works too...

I'm 6'7" so that's the "Tall" part. I just threw in "Smoke" since this is a pipe smoking board.

On most other boards of various topics and things like Twitter I am known as "FishingPipe."

I chose DoverPipes because I live in Dover and I smoke pipes :D
It ain't rocket science :p

Computer geek here. So I went with first initial, last name.

-Andrew

After the character from Alan Moore's Watchmen. Once you're a superhuman with powers over all time, space, and matter, nothing you say counts as bragging.

I'm a mad-keen flyfisherman. There's a fishing fly called the Muddler Minnow - got my best trout on one actually - & I have a rather muddled approach to life, so it was easy to come up with a moniker.

I usually use the screen name "melodicgrace", but I decided to try something different. Irene Adler is a character from the Sherlock Holmes stories. I've been compared to her by several people (for both good and bad reasons), so I figured why not.

However, I must confess it's a little weird to be called Irene from time to time. It's my mother-in-law's middle name. lol.

I am Second generation Dutch!
My real name is Pieter Arie Binsbergen......here people call me Peter
hence Piet Binsbergen! not rocket science either!!!!! :lol:

I started out as "LatakiaLover" on the old Knox board, which became "LL" after a while like PB did for Puros Bran, PD for Puff Daddy, etc. Then, when J the Hugget created this board after Knox shut down, I just registered with what everyone called me anyway.

The ironic bit is I haven't smoked latakia in years. I discovered the Lake District fire cured nico-bomb blends not long after the forum switch, and never looked back. lol (Every now and again I try a bowl of something I once adored, like Old Ironsides, and just shake my head in amazement at how tastes change.)

btw, I don't think you are telling quite the whole story, Amy...

:twisted:

All Sherlockians know that Irene Adler was the only woman the misogynistic, pipe-smoking Holmes was ever outsmarted by, and so the only one he ever truly respected and desired. Hmmm... Forum of pipe-smoking men. One woman. Does anyone else detect a bit of playfulness, here?

It's my cigar forum name...I saw no need to change it. I smoke cigars...I'm "the sarge" at work. Thus the name.

While Travelling in Ireland at the horse races in Killarney i had a pipe and a Guinness going and it was almost the perfect evening...i just happened to be wearing a tweed jacket. 8)

I have a Dutch last name that translates in English to Falconer. I wonder what Binsbergen means in English? :scratch:

Rugbysh9

Sport - Rugby
Position - Scrum Half (hence SH)
Number - 9

Played rugby since I was young and it was right around when AOL 1st came out. Used it as my email addy and it's stuck since. Gave up playing a few years ago though as I've just wrecked my body.

for as long as I can remember just about everyone called me Mark,,,kinda stuck over the years,,eezee two spel,,,simple to remember,,and it's on my birth certificate in case I forget,,,,

The first time I ever had to conjure up a "log in" name (for a temporary bank account), I drew a complete blank!!! The lady I was working with asked me what I did, I told her, and she retorted with "F-T-R-P-L-T." I used it on the old JR board, then carried it to Knox, and thence here. Nothing more than that!! FTRPLT