2013 BoB Pipe of the Year (All Done)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered! And may I saw took all of 3 minutes! :cheers:

FYI they are still running the $50 min free shipping deal til the end of the year, so this qualifies by itself!

Ordered mine a few minutes ago, hope this nasty cold I picked up today is gone by the time it arrives. I'm stoked!  :cheers: 

Just ordered mine. Never dealt with SP over the phone before - great to work with, I have to say.

They estimated that mine'll be in my impatient little hands by Wednesday or Thursday. Now...what to christen it with?

and I want to say, once again, a HUGE thank you to Kaiser for organizing this and getting everything sorted out.  All of your effort is very much appreciated, my friend!

idbowman":zchs8n4o said:
and I want to say, once again, a HUGE thank you to Kaiser for organizing this and getting everything sorted out.  All of your effort is very much appreciated, my friend!
And I too throw out a big Thank You, Kaiser. Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow...weather permitting.

No problem guys. I honesty feel bad it took so long to get it all together. SP has them available all this month and they are planning to send any extras back to Brigham next month.

kaiser83":4mb6oluw said:
No problem guys. I honesty feel bad it took so long to get it all together. SP has them available all this month and they are planning to send any extras back to Brigham next month.
Let's hope they have exactly the right number!

Much agreed DrT. I know they have 27 of them there and am hoping we snatch up all of them on them.

Only 7 have been mentioned in this thread...

Before they send them back, are they going to let you know? Give a deadline? Some might want to buy a duplicate as a gift or backup or collectible, etc. (you never know right?)

This probably due to the timing at the end of the year. Hopefully some people still stick it out, but I know if this wasn't my first POY, I would've lost interest back in Oct/Nov and diverted funds to Christmas pipes :p

Thanks kaiser for coordinating! This was really a long journey and I am glad you stuck it out all the way!

Now, the latest victim of the polar vortex is my box trucking from Illinois somewhere... :scratch:

I just ordered mine  :D   This will be my first special edition/stamped pipe.  Thanks Kaiser for setting this up. :cheers:   :cheers:   :cheers:

That makes eight. I will email and coordinate with him about their return date.

Mine arrived today! Smoking it now, draws a little tighter than in prefer with the filter in, not bad mind you , but slightly tighter.

I'll give a full report after several smokes.

I Just got my Bob 2013 pipe of the year. I have to say it is a nicely presented pipe. The box/tin is well done and I was surprised by the inclusion of a neat 3 piece tamper. As PozzSka mentioned the draw is a little on the tight side with the insert installed but I think it will smoke fine. This is my first Brigham and have to say the fit and finish compares very well to other machine made pipes in this price range. If you haven't ordered yours yet I'd say it is well worth the money.

I tried to get a picture of the stamping but I couldn't get a clear one. The stem has been stamped instead of the stummel because the pipes finish wouldn't take the stamp well. The stamp is a little hard to read but on the other hand it's nicely understated so it doesn't take away from the overall look of the pipe.

Thank you for the post and pictures. SP is looking at mailing extras back around Feb 1st so get on them y'all. Can't wait for mine to get here.

I'd seen the cases/boxes before and thought it was a pretty classy design. Nice that they included a tamper tool too. Was that from the Brigham side or SP side? Anyway, looking forward to getting mine hopefully by Friday...

Swhipple, was the bowl pre-carbed?

mejoshee":socjk2eg said:
I'd seen the cases/boxes before and thought it was a pretty classy design. Nice that they included a tamper tool too. Was that from the Brigham side or SP side? Anyway, looking forward to getting mine hopefully by Friday...

Swhipple, was the bowl pre-carbed?
It's branded "Brigham" so I assume it comes from Brigham, but SP offers that same tamper without hte branding too, so who knows?

It is pre-carbed, yes.

The pipe tool and pipe cleaners (I think it comes with those too, or maybe it is a pack of filters) are courtesy of Brigham.

kaiser83":8pqvqjvw said:
The pipe tool and pipe cleaners (I think it comes with those too, or maybe it is a pack of filters) are courtesy of Brigham.
It's a pack of 8 of the rock maple filters.