2013 BoB Pipe of the Year (All Done)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kaiser83":fxtkw0oc said:
Still waiting, I will holler at them all today again though.
Cool! Will they hear you with the sandblaster running? :p 

The official response is as follows:

"Darrell,

Still waiting on word from France as to when they will ship. Should not be much longer.

Thanks,

Brian"

Until further notice, I am out of the running for this one. Sorry for the change, but life happens.

8)

idbowman":3hziwf63 said:
^That was my issue as well...just look at it long enough, you'll come around too!  :D 
Yeah, you're right...I've come around.

I asked Brian for a status update and this was his response:

"Darrell,

I just got word last week that the pipes have been delayed till November along with our entire order. More proof that we are dealing with a world wide shortage of pipes.

I will keep you updated.

Thanks,

Brian"

I hope we can get this done before the change of the year and your wives don't have to make this your Christmas present.

Thanks for the update Kaiser, I've been pretty excited about this as it will be my first POY. :D 

kaiser83":jcfz4rd2 said:
I asked Brian for a status update and this was his response:

"Darrell,

I just got word last week that the pipes have been delayed till November along with our entire order.  More proof that we are dealing with a world wide shortage of pipes.  

I will keep you updated.

Thanks,

Brian"

I hope we can get this done before the change of the year and your wives don't have to make this your Christmas present.
Are we expecting the shortage to change pricing? (Which I'm, in fact, not even sure of? I don't know if I saw anywhere what the price point is...) I guess we stay tuned for a couple more weeks? So anxious! :bounce:

Main concern is whether this will actually come in before the year is actually up! :oops:

Can/may this pipe be smoked without the filter? I'm not keen on filtered pipes at all and smoke all of mine without filters.

You can smoke virtually any pipe without a filter. When you think about this one though, don't think about normal balsa or paper filters because these are vastly different. The filters are washable and reusable to the best of my knowledge.

Forgive me for asking but is this project (2013 POY) active? When and where can I submit my order please?

With the high demand on pipes if Kate Brigham is behind like the rest of the manufacturers. Brian told me they should h e the stock in dying November. The pipes will be available from SmokingPipes.com. We are waiting for the pipes to get there so that I can work with the shop on the amount of space to put in the stamp. When I have more info I will pass it along. Hopefully in the next week or two I will have good news to pass along.

I'm trying guys, I promise. Starting to feel bad that this is taking a while. I asked for an update again and got this:

"Darrell,

Nothing yet. I emailed the factory yesterday asking for an ETA and have not heard back yet. I will email when I hear from France.

Thanks,

Brian"

kaiser83":kt9g47dx said:
I'm trying guys, I promise. Starting to feel bad that this is taking a while. I asked for an update again and got this:

"Darrell,

Nothing yet.  I emailed the factory yesterday asking for an ETA and have not heard back yet.  I will email when I hear from France.

Thanks,

Brian"
Appreciate the effort kaiser. Really do. Nothing about this is yours/ours/sp's fault. Nothing to be sorry about for things out of our control.

Is it crass if we procure our own Brigham from elsewhere and have it sent in to get stamped? :p I'm watching one Chinook 29 right now on ebay, in fact. :bounce: Don't want to jump the gun there, but I'm starting to to think this will become the PONY. :scratch:

I guess we wait patiently as all good pipe smokers are wont to do.

Gentlemen, Gentlemen, Gentlemen, I have good news. The pipes will ship from France next week and are expected the first week of December. They have to go through quality control and then Brian is rushing them off to SmokingPipes.com for us. I'll work with them to get the stamping done and try to have them available right away (that's what I am hoping for but still have to work it with them). That's the latest news from within the last hour.