BoB Secret Santa 09...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still waiting for my Santa box to show up so I can relabel it and send it out...

:D :D :D

Just joking, no sense putting postage on a lump of coal twice.

Puff Daddy":hmlzv7tu said:
I'm just waiting til after thanksgiving to launch :D
Me too! A pre-thanksgiving Christmas present just ain't right!

If ya got em ready send em.....

That especially goes for all six of you guys that got my name! :D

I know that joke got old several years back but I still chuckle imagining the guy that drew my name....

" Hmmmm do I send out pm's to ensure I'm the only one the shmuck sent his name to?".

puros_bran":rf57ogve said:
If ya got em ready send em.....

That especially goes for all six of you guys that got my name! :D
Yours will be especially marked "Do not open until December 25th!"

:lol!:

Update on my order for my SS recipient:

I placed the order on 11/12 and after not receiving the package and the USPS not updating their tracking system as to even having received the package from the shipper I sent an email. I was told on 11/21 they would check with the USPS and get back to me. Today (11/25) I inquired again and was told they would check with USPS and if I don't hear anything by 12/1 that I should call them and we can see if we can solve the issue then.

Anyway, if I recall correctly we had a 12/10 deadline for getting out our gifts, I may be a day or two late depending on how this all resolves. Should still be able to squeeze it in on time though.

J is hearby banned from ever being able to Secret Santa again, if he doesn't make the dealine!

Just kidding, I'm sure you will be ok. It is a Goal, not a rock solid you have majorly screwed up your fired deadline. Actually it was Johny (a member here) who way back 6-7 years ago wrote the rules, I've just tweeked em to make em fit me a little better. Wonder where that old coot is anyway. (And don't be a smartass and say Nevada, I know that much)

puros_bran":9f36c5az said:
I'm still waiting for my Santa box to show up so I can relabel it and send it out...

Just joking, no sense putting postage on a lump of coal twice.
Considering the cost of fossil fuels these days, a lump of coal may be a very valuable gift.

Natch

Sandypaws made a stop in town today. So I sent my package on. These new mailing regulations make it impossible to be truly secretive. So don't look to closely at the return address. :santa:

I ended up getting my package so all I have to do is put things together now!

Something must be wrong with me, I just placed an order for Secret Santa and did'nt get anything for myself :pale: :affraid: .

Barring a jhuggett type incident it should still go out by the 10th. :santa: :santa: :santa:

That sneaky, overweight, pipe-smoking jolly old thief sneaked into my basement this morning and took my box of favorite tobaccos and stole it away! Me thinks he's going to send it to one of those nefarious bad boys on this board as a SS gift, but grabbed the wrong box. The one with the coal, every nasty aromatic ever invented, and a large box of once-used Dr. Grabow filters was the intended gift.

Who ever gets it, send it back!

Natch

I had made up my mind to send my ole boy Walnut... But then I remembered I cleaned the Lawn Mowers before putting them up for the winter, and my paper shredder is broke...alas I don't have the components to mix up a batch.

Reindeer will be flying anyday!

PB, when you get that paper shredder fixed how about mix'n me up a batch of Walnut! :lol:

Got mine today. I didn't know Santa lived in Illinois?!? Is the North Pole near Cook County? I came stumbling out of a blues-bar on S. Halstead late one night and I thought the street was filled with Ompa-Lompas, but they must have been Santa's magical elves? I thought elves would smell better than these did?

What a great package, four, half-pounds of tobaccos I've never tried before. Two from Jon's Tobacco (must be a local B&M in that region?), both look like great Latakia blends. And two, 8 oz. tins of L. J. Peretti's I've wanted to try, # 500 & #D-9575. Looks like months of good puffin for this good little boy. Oh, and some pipe matches and cleaners to boot.

Very, very generous to a moderator, er, I mean, Secret Santa that I have know idea who it was. I'll tip a few in your honor under the next full moon.

Natch

Centurian 803":h87m2d2s said:
Sounds like you must have been very good...or at least very convincing. :lol!:
Nah, I just hired a great PR agency and they put a good spin on my record. It's not the truth that counts, it's how it's presented as truth that counts. Haven't you learned anything from the last campaign? :mrgreen:

Natch

You're a good man Charlie Brown! You ain't fool'n nobody Mr. Natural!

Great play!