Dunhill Brings Back Elizabethan Mixture

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
monbla256":wz7yhfou said:
JimInks":wz7yhfou said:
Somebody posted a review of it at TR.com. Dunno how he got some to try, though.
I read that review also. He did not mention where he got it from which makes me wonder about it. hmmmm  :twisted:
Since when did you become a mind reader? :lol!:  Yeah, I was wondering about that, too. Well, with any luck, we'll find out for ourselves soon enough, unless the hoarders go crazy, which I expect to happen.

It makes me happy that the iterations that the Dunhill blends have trashed the products that so many love; thus, I'm expecting that the new E. Mix. will hold up as well. I smoked some at least a half-dozen years ago, liked it, but as there are so many great VA/Periques to be had, I'm wondering why I should spring for a tin.

DrT999":7l6w3pwi said:
monbla256":7l6w3pwi said:
I checked with three tobacco e-tailers here n the US today and ALL have heard a rumor about this but Orlik has not released ANY info or the blend in the Euro market yet and at this point it looks like it's just a rumor. :cry: 
Well, I don't know any UK retailer to ask, but I did check four UK sites, and none even list it as a possibility.  Oh, well, I guess it's still a 'maybe' :scratch:
It looks like it's available in Germany, so I think it's just a matter of time before it's here.

alfredo_buscatti":847tctoq said:
It makes me happy that the iterations that the Dunhill blends have trashed the products that so many love; thus, I'm expecting that the new E. Mix. will hold up as well. I smoked some at least a half-dozen years ago, liked it, but as there are so many great VA/Periques to be had, I'm wondering why I should spring for a tin.
Well, when Dunhill was missing in action for so long, I discovered most of my current favorites and I don't plan on giving any of them up. However, I think they (Dunhill blends) are still pretty good. Most importantly, as I like VaPers best of all, I would love to have some Elizabethan Mixture to smoke in a Dunhill 4101 I recently acquired. Seems like it would be appropriate. I look forward to it.

I got an e-mail from Joshua at smokingpipes.com today in response to my inquiry about Elizabethan Mixture

" Michael

A number of our staff just returned from the IPCPR trade show in Las Vegas. I thought you'd be interested to know that they returned with some news on the Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture. That line is going to be reintroduced. No official ETA, but we'll be offering it as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,

Joshua Burgess"

So it looks like this may be a reality !!:twisted:  Now if they will add Durbar and Aperetiff and sell Royal Yacht in BULK, all will be good with the world :twisted: :twisted: 

monbla256":lufpdxdb said:
I got an e-mail from Joshua at smokingpipes.com today in response to my inquiry about Elizabethan Mixture

" Michael

A number of our staff just returned from the IPCPR trade show in Las Vegas. I thought you'd be interested to know that they returned with some news on the Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture. That line is going to be reintroduced. No official ETA, but we'll be offering it as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,

Joshua Burgess"

So it looks like this may be a reality !!:twisted:  Now if they will add Durbar and Aperetiff  and sell Royal Yacht in BULK, all will be good with the world  :twisted: :twisted: 
As well as re-introducing 3 Yr old Virginia!

:tongue: 

Good news on the EM though. Never had it back in the day but will look forward to the new iteration.

Cheers,

RR

After many months of anticipation The Black Swan Shoppe have finally had a delivery of the Elizabethan Mixture.
thebackyshop.co.uk/products/dunhill-elizabethan-mixture-pipe-tobacco

I hope the weather picks up for you guys who are forced to smoke in the garden.

backyshop":era8kdi8 said:
After many months of anticipation The Black Swan Shoppe have finally had a delivery of the Elizabethan Mixture.
thebackyshop.co.uk/products/dunhill-elizabethan-mixture-pipe-tobacco

I hope the weather picks up for you guys who are forced to smoke in the garden.
Too bad you can't ship to the US; you'd already be sold out (assuming you aren't in any event)

I too wish we could ship tobacco to you guys, your passion for pipe smoking is something we would love to be part of but the red tape surrounding tobacco is getting ever tighter. I'm sure it won't be long before the US retailers get a hefty shipment.

backyshop":gs7xrwrk said:
I too wish we could ship tobacco to you guys, your passion for pipe smoking is something we would love to be part of but the red tape surrounding tobacco is getting ever tighter. I'm sure it won't be long before the US retailers get a hefty shipment.
By the way, that's a great looking site!

Thanks, I just hope the red tape holds off for long enough to justify the time and effort spent building it. If they pulled the plug on internet sales before 2015 I would be significantly out of pocket and a little miffed!
Just to note you guys in the US can order non tobacco products so if your ever in the market for anything else make sure you look us up.

backyshop":vrdsjxlj said:
If they pulled the plug on internet sales before 2015 I would be significantly out of pocket and a little miffed!

What!!!!!! Are they going ban all internet 'baccy sales? Even in your own country?

Sorry don't want to initiate panic.
I have not heard anything to suggest they will stop internet sales but in my humble opinion it is only a matter of time before they do something. The major supermarkets have to hide all packets from display on the shelves in the UK and in a couple of years it will apply to all shops so they are bound to say we can't display products on the open internet or impose sanctions of some sort.

Hopefully they will be sensible and won't totally outlaw distant selling as long as we don't openly advertise and encourage smoking but who knows in this day and age. Who'd have said they could take away the right to smoke inside a tobacconist?!

On the upside the plain packaging seems to have had some common sense applied to it as this has now been scrapped in the UK so there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm sure 'they' wouldn't be mad enough to ban internet sales altogether, surely that would be classed as some kind of trade embargo. The only thing they could do is to ban tobacco completely and make the stuff illegal. But we all know, that will never, ever happen. I've long said that if we all did what 'they' wanted (all quit smoking/drinking/using private transport etc.), we would bring the government to it's knees. They would run out of money in, oooo, about 2 weeks....

Definitely an interesting concept! We should start a group "Smokers Unite" in preparation for smokers independence day.
Or on second thoughts would we be branded as terrorists?!

Every get their order into Pipes & Cigars? I only ordered one tin, didn't want to be greedy!

For those who use smokingpipes.com for their e-tailer they now have the "Dunhill" Elizabethan Mixture IN STOCK and it's $7.89 for a 50g tin !! :twisted:  Get your order in quick as I'm sure it will go out the door quikly at that price !! :twisted: 

monbla256":1hxacc6h said:
For those who use smokingpipes.com for their e-tailer they now have the "Dunhill" Elizabethan Mixture IN STOCK and it's $7.89 for a 50g tin !! :twisted:  Get your order in quick as I'm sure it will go out the door quikly at that price !! :twisted: 
Saw that, but I'm tapped out for this month!

:no: 

Cheers,

RR