Fundraiser for Zack

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so great to hear brothers, lets hope for continued progress like this eh?

rev

"One step at a time," has a whole new meaning. Through all of this, some of the very deep contemplation, through pain, fear, future and past... Zack's going to come through this with a LOT more than a couple of scars. He sees things in a much clearer light. Who I am, who he is, what we are, and what can be the worst and the best of situations. He hasn't the life experience I do, and it's gratifying in a way to see him aware of making the best out of even the crappiest situations.

8)

Still no pictures, but that might be more possible soon:

(As posted from the fundraiser page update)

With nothing really keeping Zack from leaving the relative safety of his parents' single-story home where his care took place for the last three months and two weeks, Zack has decided to come home. Stairs are being treaded lightly, and his lifestyle will be a little more self-sufficient, but his homecoming was a huge relief to me.

We haevn't been apart like this for nearly a decade. I had gotten used to the cohabitation of another person, being the somewhat loner I am, and couldn't believe the emotional relief (and release) I had when we finally got everything together, and made it happen.

Zack needed to be home, I needed him here, and things are slowly getting back to normal.

We have quickly, and gratefully, been chipping away at bills with the fundraiser money we've received so far, but we're a long way off. Much of the "little stuff" has been taken care of, it's now on to get the weighty hospital bill and surgery bills out of the way. Major milestones have been reached: but we're not out of the clear quite yet!

If you'd like to donate, and haven't already, we still have some distance to cover.

Thanks to all of you for your support. :) I'm going to go get weepy a little more, if you don't mind, and try to get life a little more normal for once.

K&Z

Great news, Kyle! Give Zack my best. :cheers:

BTW, if I can squeeze it in (with the holidays coming up) I'll try to do another donation, though this one will probably be smaller.

Can't believe I didn’t run across your posts earlier. I am sorry for your trials brother and my heart goes out to you both. I'm glad Zack is back at home but I know it's still a long road to recovery.
I am pretty broke due to the holiday season but I’m sure I can scrape some sort of funds together over the next few days. It probably won’t be a big donation but I really want to give whatever I can.

Stay strong brother

Thanks, you guys. This morning has been spent...cleaning and organizing. I think a new mindset is afoot for us, so the Goodwill donation bin will get deposited into today rather than sifted through and bought/hoarded by me. :lol: Time to simplify.

Thanks for the support of all kinds. It's humbling. :)

8)

I have been away from BoB for a few months and I had no idea what you guys were going through. Best of luck to Zack and I'll see what I can do with the fundraising.

Lot of shit happening around here. It's not just me...friends here locally have been stricken with random grief and tragedy, too. 2012 will go down as "interesting times" as the old Chinese curse goes. :|

8)

(Reposted update from the page...)

It's been much-needed. My apologies for not updating folks as to Zack's speedy recovering he's applying himself toward: we've had a rough three-and-a-half months.

That said, Zack's still doing good. He's on a cane supplied by a friend, and with the exception of his feet re-stretching the tendons and hurting a little, the leg itself feels great. Physical therapy is doing quite a bit in the fast recovery realm. Since I also broke my wrist some years back (which Zack was there for me, too) I was able to rehabilitate myself back to 100%, so I'm helping him do the same for his wrist...and except for the plates preventing full range of motion, things are looking good.

So, here we are, 30 days or so from our "goal date." It's been a fast two months, eh? We're $2,025 out of $12,000...great stuff. However, I'd love to do a little more. Granted most of you have either donated already or likely can't, but do you know anyone else that might be able to help? Mass-posting in Facebook doesn't count...if you think it's hard for me to generate interest with Facebook, imagine how a repost gets regarded! Maybe a personal note to someone I might not know that could help? *shrug* Thinking outside the box to scrounge up a little more funds. I'm tapped out of people!

In any case, we've been pretty satisfied with how things are going. Thanks to all of you that have helped in any and all ways that you have. :)

8)

Thankful.

(Re)Posted November 22nd, 2012 by Kyle Weiss

For friends, kind folks, generous strangers, swell family, and the notion that things can always be worse. It's a beautiful day in Reno, and no better time than to really appreciate what I (we) have. I dig the fact we have a day dedicated to this, even if it's just as worthwhile to appreciate what we have every day.

Things could have been much, much worse for Zack. He didn't have any brain/head/neck/back injuries, and things are brighter and more "normal" every day. I couldn't have done it without the support, prayers and generosity of the people who've truly cared. It wasn't something I expected by a long shot.

Thank you, all of you. Enjoy this day how you see fit--hopefully in appreciation.

K and Z

www.giveforward.com/get

Well, it's less than two weeks away until the end of the fundraiser. It's been gong on for three months now!

I've been delighted with the results. Pretty "pie-in-the-sky" kind of expectations, but hey, it'll put a dent in the ordeal. I'm gonna push a little more in the next couple of weeks, see if I can't manage to find a few more willing folks to help out.

No sappy "...we're not getting Christmas," stories. Most people already know how I feel about birthdays, Christmas, etc. We don't need stuff, just the necessities. We know how to buckle down and live within our means, appreciate what we have, and live to fight another day.

With that, we're doing alright, I'm muddling through December (my nemesis month) and Zack's now keeping me going. *laughs* Kind of a push/pull relationship--a blessing, really. Provided one of us is on the proper side. :D

Pass the word, two-week fundraising blitz for us to close things out on a good note. Many thanks, and *sigh* "Happy Holidays to you and yours." There, I got some "cheer" out there. Humbug. :)

K and Z

Five days left.

This has been great. You guys have been great. This is going to put a decent dent on our overall expenditures. I have likely thanked each of you in person, and I'm going to do it as a whole:

THANK YOU. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Digital panhandling isn't something I've done before, but the cause seemed about right. I never ask for help, I don't allude to the fact I get over my head often, but it happens. I had to swallow pride and see what I could do about it--and well, this. If it wasn't for the Brothers here, I think about 60% of our current total would probably not have been available to us.

I have good friends here. This means more to me than money. All of you have kept me sane. As much possible as that is, anyway. Many people might see the bombings, the tobacco/pipe giving as the test of what makes BoB great, but what really matters is the true Brotherhood that exists here. This is a shining example.

I love ya guys...like a brother, not a mother or a lover. :lol: Thank you all, so much, again. Hopefully 2013 will be fruitful enough to put this whole situation far behind us. Truly humbled.

8)

Things have been pretty messed up here for me Kyle and I have failed to keep track of things with you and Zach, as you know, cash is a vile hater of me and it keeps itself damn well hidden from me. I know the pipe I sent you was small fries as compared to the wonderful generosity shown right here, but it was as much as I could stretch to, I truly hope some more good hearted folk will come forward and help you guys out, you're a wonderful person and deserve better in your life, BIG TIME Brotherly love going out to you and Zach. :heart: :heart:

Kirk, the thoughts (and occasional random briar/bacca gifts) were what kept me, personally, going. I had a lot on my shoulders that's only recently starting to fall off (just in time to shore up the lines in my head to keep me sane through Consumeristmas)...

...don't you worry yourself, Brother. That pipe is a welcome, welcome gift. Considering PAD and TAD are many miles from me at this point, I almost feel bad about having a slice of cake for myself when I stretch my own limits to make sure I keep things on the level around my household. That is, until I smoke and appreciate the kindness that's been shown to me, and that's when I realize I'm alright, the Universe has given me a break, and my Brothers here are appreciated with every puff. :)

It's my hope everyone here can lean on the network of good folks here in their time of need. Whether it's a few coins to help with a mountain of financial trouble, a few prayers to ease a bad stretch of luck, or an outlet to just come and talk it out if needed.

It's all good here. :)

Thanks, Kirk

8)

Kyle Weiss":04av2lgq said:
That is, until I smoke and appreciate the kindness that's been shown to me, and that's when I realize I'm alright, the Universe has given me a break, and my Brothers here are appreciated with every puff.
Ok, so tell me - how's the Smoker's Pride?
Ready to review it yet?

:lol:

Kyle Weiss":9z4dv0eb said:
Thanks, Kirk
No need for that my friend, you know my feelings mate, if I can do something to help a friend it is done without a second thought, I can't do money stuff, you know me mate, terminally skint, but when I have something someone falls in love with, well, you know the routine. ;)

Rob_In_MO":73bzuv2i said:
Ok, so tell me - how's the Smoker's Pride?
Ready to review it yet?

:lol:
Gosh, I still haven't tried it. What am I waiting for? :lol:

8)