How was your weather today?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sitting on my back porch in tshirt and shorts, puffing on a nice poker full of plum pudding, with a mozzie coil burning to keep the buggers away. Enjoying the fact it's much cooler and no humidity here today compared to the last few days.

Hope you guys in more turbulent spots are safe and sound.

Cheers

Tim

Today dawned dry, bright and mild here in the 'shire. Whilst pottering around the kitchen I glanced up to see a pair of blue tits investigating the nest box in the ash. It's still January!

I'm looking at 18+ inches, and it isn't done yet. The melt's going to be a mess.

43yFvk.jpg

Been unseasonably mild here in the Pac NW lately. Daytime temps into the 50's (sometimes 60's), and nights in the upper 30's/ low 40's. Sometimes much rain or drizzle. Upper elevations producing a good snowpack though, which is ensuring the ski areas are busy, but more importantly the reservoirs have enough water for irrigation east of the Cascades. Not to mention no drought conditions for those of us on the west side.

Very little snow here this winter season west of the Cascades (much to my delight). But this could all change on a dime as has been evidenced in the past.

Incredibly, the trees and shrubs are now blooming. This shouldn't happen for at least another month. Yet I'm reminded it happened this way a year ago when we were in drought conditions. Just not normal.

Not complaining, mind you. I've no use for cold or snow, so bring on spring!

:sunny:

Cheers,

RR

Nice and clear and cloudless with temps in the mid to upper 70's so far. Supposed to be up to 80 by Friday. We had about a week of winter so far and looks like we will be into summer by May !! But remember, there is NO climate change going on !! :evil: :evil:

Yuppers, pretty toasty here today. Wonderful for outdoor work. Tomorrow, more heat, and winds of Santa Ana Blowing off roofs. Fire alerts and records being broken!! This keeps up I'll be growing avocados in a couple of years....

Here in Central CT it was sunny and breezy with a high in the mid-20s. It was a bit brisk for outdoor piping, but I did my three miles snug in my longies and Steeler hoody. Also chopchopchopped almost all of the remaining ice patches out of the driveway under the watchful direction of The Missus who, if there is a square foot of ice in a four-block radius of us, will find it, decide to test whether it is safe to step on, will promptly fall and then hobble about pitifully for at least a week. This happens annually.

Windy, rainy, with the occasional thunderstorm; hopefully no tornadoes or hail!

Got pretty wild around W. Washington yesterday. Some areas got damaging winds, like on the coast and northern interior. Power outtages, trees down on houses, one person killed when a tree came down on his SUV.

Very unusual to have a windstorm come in this late in the season. Normally it's relegate to late Nov through Dec. This one kicked some ass .

My area was pretty much spared the worst of the winds, but did lose power for a few hrs early today. Other areas fared far worse. I'm concerned for RobJ who lives in the areas most affected. He doesn't have a genny. Hope he's OK.

:shock:

Cheers,

RR

Lovely here today and the last two days (if windy), but the storms that are hitting east Texas and western Louisiana will hit my wife in New Orleans pretty hard tonight through early Saturday and hit here Saturday afternoon and Sunday.... I hope the brothers in east Texas and Cajun country are ok

It's been grey, cool , low 50's , and RAIN, RAIN, and MORE RAIN ALL week !! Supposed to be clear and in the 80's next week :twisted: :twisted:

Our daughter lives in Meterie (NOLA) and told us this morning that her entire area had no electricity due to the heavy rains.

It's been beautiful here in Maryland, the last two days we've seen temps just over 80 degrees and sunny. The other night, it was so warm, I put the top down on the MGB for the first time since last Fall and drove to dinner. It looks like we survived yet another winter.

12813995_1313775528638439_4588002635386196962_n.jpg

Could get a little wild around here in W. Washington Sunday.

High winds are expected in many areas during the afternoon. I heard 80 mph on the coast, and 60 mph in other areas. That's serious stuff!

My local NOAA prediction is for 44 mph gusts, which isn't terrible but enough to bring down trees on power lines as the ground is saturated from all the recent rain. Not a good scenario.....

Actually it's unprecedented to have a damaging windstorm this late in the season. They usually come in late Nov through early Jan. And yet we've had several of them in the past week. They seem to come in groups of three, with the third one being the worst. So here we go!

I'm prepared. Have a new 7500w genny all ready to go and plenty of fuel. Got plenty of canned food, and am Coleman equipped for lanterns and camp stove if it comes to that. As long as a tree doesn't come down on my house I should be OK.

Ya, I always stress about these events before they happen........and for good reason.......

Back when I first moved to the Pac NW in late '90 I had the experience of a 100' Hemlock just about t-boning my kitchen with me in it! Watched it come down in like slow motion. Fortunately it was deflected a few ft by a relatively small alder. Otherwise it could've been much worse!

So suffice to say, when the winds get wild I get apprehensive!

:x

Cheers?

RR

riff raff":vhusgwh5 said:
Our daughter lives in Meterie (NOLA) and told us this morning that her entire area had no electricity due to the heavy rains.

It's been beautiful here in Maryland, the last two days we've seen temps just over 80 degrees and sunny.   The other night, it was so warm, I put the top down on the MGB for the first time since last Fall and drove to dinner.   It looks like we survived yet another winter.

12813995_1313775528638439_4588002635386196962_n.jpg
The MG's looking great Al.

When the rag top's down it's a sure sign of summer being on the way.

Have you waxed it specially in preparation for the summer or does it always look that good?

Stick.