Just asking for some prayers...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At 9:15 am yesterday morning, God graced our family with a newborn baby girl. At 7lbs 5oz she was born with no complications and was screaming and crying like a healthy baby should. She spent a good part of the day being tested and monitored for her heart issues and it looks like surgery will be on the horizon but we are taking it day by day. She went nameless all day until midnight when she was named Ella Diane Fitzgerald. : )

I can't thank you all enough for the thoughts and prayers. God was there with us yesterday and I felt it in every ounce of my heart. I'll update with a picture once I get them on my computer.

Thank you all and God bless...

Great news...never forget that God answers prayers (remember that thing about "wherever two or more are gathered together...")

I think that can apply to an internet forum community.

Mike

That is indeed Good News thank you for the update, we shall continue ...

Good to hear everything is going well so far. Hope the little one makes it through with little trouble.

Here's hoping that the future holds nothing but good news for your niece and your family, Ben!

Great news,,,and a lovely name,,,,my grandaughter was born with a similar problem and weighed only one and a half pounds , she's 12 now and she's an amazing girl,,,I'll pray this newborn grows up healthy and gives you gray hair,,,,HURRAH !!!,,,

Congrats and prayers foryour daughter and your whole family!!

So we got word this morning that Ella will be going in for heart surgery some time tomorrow (Friday) afternoon. She will be receiving a stint in one of the valves of her heart to keep the blood flow consistent and to prevent it from backing up. This is a pretty serious operation but I know that she is in good Hands. I also heard the surgeons were pretty good too. ;)

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers. Myself, as well as my family, are truly grateful for every ounce of support.

I am not sure if I will be in Boston for the surgery (it is a 4-5 hour procedure), but I will update as I hear more. Thanks again and God bless you all...

Adam, been outta town all week, wanted to say it is great your niece came along and doing fine. One of my elk hunting partners and his wife had thier first daughter born to them just over a year ago withvery similar heart issues. She was a year old last Saturday and is a beautiful, healthy little girl.

Bruce

Ella is in surgery as I type this. I am heading down to Brighams in a little bit to wait with my family. I am an absolute wreck right now emotionally, but I'm staying faithful. It's just scary. My girlfriend told me that she read it is easy for us to be faithful when times are good and trust in God when things are going our way, but the true test is when we are at our lowest point and how much faith we can put into God when venturing to the unknown. We must know that God has a plan and that His plan is what is best for us.

I believe this to be true. Thank you all so much for the kind words/thoughts/prayers. I can not express how much that means to me. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

-Adam

Here is my 4 year old nephew meeting his new baby sister for the first time yesterday... :)

My brother and Ella...

Hi Adam,

We are joining you in prayer. Please remember, it doesn't take 'great faith' just faith. Our Lord said faith the size of a 'mustard seed'. God is not limited by the 'size' of our faith, we just have to remember to trust that 'All is well'.

That sure is a beautiful little girl!