Just asking for some prayers...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm new to the community, but I read through the thread and am glad to see how well she is doing. This appears to be a great group of guys here. I feel like it is a great place to be. By the way, my prayers, too, are with you and your family.

Cheers

New here as well; wishing the best for you and your family. There's just something about those little ones...God bless.

Hello all,

I just wanted to give people an update as to how Ella is doing.

This past Friday Ella was having issues keeping food down and her color was changing slightly. Out of concern, my brother and his wife brought her to the local hospital where she had low O2 levels and was unable to eat. On Saturday, she was transported to Brighams Childrens Hospital for further observation and testing.

On Saturday evening, while getting a routine echo test of her heart, Ella went into cardiac arrest. She received cpr for 30-40 minutes before she was able to be breathe on her own again. She had emergency surgery on her heart and it was determined that her aorta was narrowed and was not allowing the blood to move through her heart. She received a stint to keep the aorta open and was hooked up to an ECMO machine (a device that pumps the blood out of her body, oxygenates it, then redistributes it through her body), in hopes that her heart could rest and heal any damage from the arrest.

I just heard from my brother that they began to ween her off the ECMO machine and her heart is looking good and began working on its own. It's just a waiting game now and their hope is that her heart can heal enough and become strong enough to have the second (of three) surgery for her HLHS.

I was in Milwaukee from Wednesday until last night. I've never felt so helpless in my life. I just prayed and prayed and prayed and asked for Gods strength for everyone. Even though I am home now, I still feel helpless, but the prayers and Gods light are where I find my solace. She is a strong girl and has proved that already, but any and all prayers and thoughts are welcomed right now. Thank you all...

-Adam

I am still hoping for the best for little Ella!
May you brother, his wife and the rest of your family find peace and rest.

Thoughts and prayers go out for Ella and the whole family and the doctors as well.

Adam, I will be in continual prayer for Ella. I know that I know that the Lord will pull her through and the testimony will overcome, with the blood of the Lamb just as God's word says!

Hang in there and trust in the Lord and His will!

I've got a lot of faith in these youngsters, they bounce back strong,,,,I'll drop another dime to the big guy upstairs,,,he has a special place in his heart for children,,,

Thank you all so much. She has proven her strength before with the help of God, and I am faithfully holding onto the hope that she will pull through all of this.

As of last night she was taken completely off the ECMO machine, and was doing well. She has been undergoing tests all day today and from what my brother told me, she is showing good signs. I'll keep people updated as to her progress...

Thank you all again for the support. It means the world to us!

-Adam

Adam,

Continued blessing and prayers your way for Ella and those who love her so much.
Children are so precious.

Paul

Adam,

I am remembering you and Ella in my prayers regularly.

Strong Arms!

Thank you again all! It is much appreciated.

We are remaining hopeful and strong with the Lords help.

Last night Ella began to seizure for reasons unknown. She is currently being medicated to control that and prevent any further seizures. The surgeons were still hopeful and optimistic, as are we. This girl is tougher than I could ever hope to be.

She is my inspiration.

-Adam

Benjamin Button":pm0aqfnz said:
Thank you again all! It is much appreciated.

We are remaining hopeful and strong with the Lords help.

Last night Ella began to seizure for reasons unknown. She is currently being medicated to control that and prevent any further seizures. The surgeons were still hopeful and optimistic, as are we. This girl is tougher than I could ever hope to be.

She is my inspiration.

-Adam
Adam, I am praying throughout the day for Ella and trusting the Lord for her and your family's strength. I know that it is a tough time but never let you trust in the hope of glory waver!