Just asking for some prayers...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All,

I really have not been too active on the board lately, but when the time comes to be divvied up, family takes top priority, as I am sure you all understand.

Ella has been recovering nicely and is regaining the strength in her heart, which we are all so happy about. She may be able to come back home within a week to two weeks time.

Unfortunately, on Friday we were hit with some rather devastating news. She had an MRI on Thursday which determined that from the cardiac arrest and time that she was receiving CPR, she suffered extensive brain damage. The doctors advised that she may require lifelong home care and could possibly have cerebral palsy. It is unknown as of now, but we are remaining optimistic. We won't really know much until she begins to develop more.

She is an angel and to see her, touch her and be around her is amazing. She can overcome anything and has proven this to us time and time again, especially before she was born when the doctors said she would not have a chance of survival. She is stronger than anyone knows.

I am always faithful in the Lord and his plan. There is always reasoning and hope. She is strong and we continue our prayers and positivity despite odds that are being thrown at us. I find that lately I complain a lot less about the things that normally test my patience. Traffic, day to day office politics, bills, a common cold, the weather, time, financial burdens...all of that dulls in comparison to what is really important now. The words "life changing" & "new perspective" come to mind a lot as of late.

Just wanted to update those that have taken the time to leave a kind word, or fit her into your prayers. I know we all have a lot on our plates on any given day of any given week, and it is more than appreciated when someone can take a few extra seconds to just think of her. You all are truly amazing individuals. Thank you from the bottom of my heart and God bless.

-Adam

Adam,

I just saw this thread, my prayers will be going out for Ella and the rest of your family.

O God of heavenly powers, by the might of your command you drive away from our bodies all sickness and all infirmity: Be present in your goodness with your servant Ella, that her weakness may be banished and her strength restored; and that, her health being renewed, she may bless your holy Name; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Prayers, incense and sacred tobacco offered for Ella , you and yours my friend.

God's plans don't always make sense while walking them out. I think sometimes, we are allowed dry seasons, to help us depend more on him, and to better appreciate the bounty which is sure to follow ... May God strengthen and comfort you.

Adam, you and your family were on my mind today, I pray everything works out for you, your wife, and your daughter. Thoughts and prayers are with you sir.

Adam,

There there will be continual prayer for Ella and I can't wait to hear about the doctors being baffled by her miraculous recovery? :D

Thinking of your family, and want you to know we're with you,,,

It's great to see you are trusting in God and His plan. That's a huge encouragement to hear it. Praying for God's will for you and your family.