Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GuitarMyFriend":q82k0sjs said:
Here's a Moretti Dutch, Just picked it up today...

My Girlfriend are two hours away from where we live on a small vacation, and I found a tobacconist, and some antique shops. Lot of fun. The guys at the antique shops had no idea what-so-ever about pipes, and the guys at the Tobacconist where answering all my questions. I even bought a Makers Mark Cigar a small twist cigar punch, and at the antique shop, I bought an old Gem Micro Matic single bladed razor. I've had fun today.
Zach
Guitar, with the HUGE size of that pipe your not trying to over-compensate for something are you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ha! The only thing I'm trying to over-compensate for is lack of Moretti's. I figure this one at least counts as three... And lack of nice pipes... And lack of facial hair... and lack of money... pretty much everything but what you may have been leaning towards Hawker!!!
Zach

GuitarMyFriend":f03ippg9 said:
Ha! The only thing I'm trying to over-compensate for is lack of Moretti's. I figure this one at least counts as three... And lack of nice pipes... And lack of facial hair... and lack of money... pretty much everything but what you may have been leaning towards Hawker!!!
Zach
I hear ya, those Moretti's look awsome. Just added to my wish list for when funds are available. Saving for a Tinsky Xmas pipe first. Congrat's on the awsome pipe & weekend.

Latest acquisition, my 23rd. This translucent acrylic stem is by far my favorite style, of all that Marco creates.....

DSC00284_zps1452a5f2.jpg

DSC00285_zps71cc1552.jpg

Beautiful pipe Dutch! Fantastic grain and staining! :cheers: :cheers:

I have my eye on one of Marco's pipes at present.

Fraternally

Jers

Check out the grain on this latest addition. The straight grain might not impress Fred Hanna, but I was speechless when I pulled it out of the blue velvet pipe bag.

DSC00309_zps3dbe79a5.jpg

DSC00310_zps6e5021ff.jpg

Been saving for a Tinsky 2012 Xmas Pipe & had a moment of weakness & couldn't resist this Moretti 1/2 Bent Brandy from Briar Blues for $100.
Showed up yesterday and is in like new condition.

Loaded up & ready to go with Boswell's Berry Cobler. Smoked great.

My first Moretti, very impressed, nice workmanship. Thanks Dutch for pointing them out.

Hawker":xrgpwhtt said:
Been saving for a Tinsky 2012 Xmas Pipe & had a moment of weakness & couldn't resist this Moretti 1/2 Bent Brandy from Briar Blues for $100.
Showed up yesterday and is in like new condition.

Loaded up & ready to go with Boswell's Berry Cobler. Smoked great.

My first Moretti, very impressed, nice workmanship. Thanks Dutch for pointing them out.
Hawker, that is a gorgeous Bent Brandy. Glad I could be of assistance in helping you build your collection, and I hope you are as happy with it in the long run as I am with mine! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Dutch - I'm with you 100% on the grain on that pipe - stunning! :cheers: :cheers:

Hawker - congratulations on a great purchase! :cheers: :cheers:

I used to drink Asbach brandy years ago (it was a couple of guys I worked with that put me onto it) - great stuff.

Fraternally

Jers

My latest acquisition, from Marco's "Collection" series. An 8.5 inch by 3 inch Cavalier with a morta foot.....

DSC00311_zpsd573c8ab.jpg

DSC00312_zps380e71d4.jpg

DSC00313_zps1877a560.jpg

DSC00314_zpsa42cc847.jpg

DSC00315_zps91321058.jpg

Dutch looks like another couple of great additions to your collection! LOve the straight grain and that cavalier is crazy!

Hawker - I'm glad you saw that pipe first! Great find!

I'm becoming more friendly with the cavalier shape, but the extension to the front serves no purpose other than to extend the line of the shank through the bowl. Thus it seems to be odd.

alfredo_buscatti":bgcdb4mi said:
I'm becoming more friendly with the cavalier shape, but the extension to the front serves no purpose other than to extend the line of the shank through the bowl. Thus it seems to be odd.
Alfredo, actually the cavalier design is very functional, as it serves as a moisture trap, similar in function to the Peterson system pipe. With a cavalier, you should experience a cool dry smoke, and rarely need to use a pipe cleaner during smoking.

I have 3 in my collection now, including a Sadik Yanik cavalier, as well as an old GBD Collector Prehistoric. They are all very functional in design. A classic example of the old adage, "Form follows function."

Thanks for the comments guys! 8)

GuitarMyFriend":9obwvvni said:
I'VE GOT ONE COMING TO ME RATHER SOON!!!!!!!!
Zach
Looking forward to seeing her Zach! 8)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VcySsNrhWx0" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HOW'S THIS?!?!?! (Dang you Dutch for getting me into these beauties!!!)

Talked to Mr. Marco for a week or two, and he made it exactly how I pictured it! Even better actually. It goes right along with my Super Magnum Oom Paul! Now I have my very own "Custom Super Magnum Fan Moretti!!!

Zach