Let's See Some Pics of Your Moretti's!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations Zach!

Beautiful pipe!

Could do double duty as a weapon :lol:

You guys better be well stocked with tobacco!!!!

Great looking pipe :D

Those are 2 beauties guys! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I really prefer the bents when I am smoking a magnum Moretti. They make it much easier to get the pipe lit, as you are able to direct the flame into the bowl much easier.

I'm sure you guys will enjoy your Moretti's as much as I have mine. Marco is fantasitc to buy from and work with. As his emails usually state, he is always at your disposal for any and all questions or requests that a buyer may have concerning a pipe.

He is the epitome of customer service, and raises the bar for other pipe carvers in the industry!

Thanks Dutch! This thread is what prompted me to bid on this pipe. I Almost bailed when the price got up there though.

Fatman":evpue91d said:
Thanks Dutch! This thread is what prompted me to bid on this pipe. I Almost bailed when the price got up there though.
Fatman, it is really difficult to acquire one of the magnum Moretti's for less than $150, so your winning bid is right on par.

I suspect if you ever decide to sell her, you will get most of your investment back. :)

Very unique pipes guys - truly made for the pleasure of a long smoke. They look fantastic - congratulations! :cheers: :cheers:

Fraternally

Jers

Look at this BEAUTY!!!!!
Perfect Morning smoke!!!!

The only reason I woke up this morning!!! I think tonight, there's gonna be another LONG smoke in it!!!
Thanks Mr. Marco!!!
Zach

Congrats, enjoy that beauty, here is my incoming Moretti Morta

8544738033_81e1609234_c.jpg

GuitarMyFriend":kx55m8z8 said:
Look at this BEAUTY!!!!!
Perfect Morning smoke!!!!

The only reason I woke up this morning!!! I think tonight, there's gonna be another LONG smoke in it!!!
Thanks Mr. Marco!!!
Zach

Gorgeous pipes guys! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Here is a little 4.6" brucianaso with a 5/16th mortise bore that I just received this week. This one will be a joy to clench, and most likely dedicated to a quality flake tobacco.....

DSC00319_zps417cdcd9.jpg

DSC00320_zps8c24c1fa.jpg

DSC00321_zps959c207f.jpg

DSC00322_zps3434b15f.jpg

Just scored this slightly bent olivewood billiard about a month ago, and I am really enjoying this pipe. I have dedicated this pipe to McClellands Grand Orientals Drama Reserve, and this 2 to 1 bowl configuration is really delivering some great flavors. I also like the color of the olivewood when it heats up during smoking. The pics just don't do this pipe justice.....

Fantastic pipes Dutch - Congratulations! :cheers: :cheers:

I've missed out on this thread for a while, glad to find it again!

How does the grain in the olive wood change as the bowl heats? It sounds intriguing.

Fraternally

Jers

Jers":7lyd7p2s said:
Fantastic pipes Dutch - Congratulations! :cheers: :cheers:

I've missed out on this thread for a while, glad to find it again!

How does the grain in the olive wood change as the bowl heats? It sounds intriguing.

Fraternally

Jers
Jers, thanks for your interest. Well, when the pipe is cold, it has a very flat appearance without any shine at all to the finish. Once I begin smoking it, and it warms up a little, it takes on a much deeper colors, and the variation in the colors is much more pronounced. I am anxious to see if this olivewood pipe colors over time, in the same way nekkid briar pipes do. :)

Well, this thread really peaked my interest for a Moretti. I found this one last week and had to pick it up. She smokes incredibly cool and passes a pipe cleaner easily, something none of my other full bents do without considerable work. Rustication is beautiful and hangs in the mouth just right. I might be hooked :drunken:

img_0110.jpg

Sweet pipe! Congratulations! :cheers: :cheers:

Fraternally

Jers

Pipe'n Prof":4xn0abno said:
Well, this thread really peaked my interest for a Moretti. I found this one last week and had to pick it up. She smokes incredibly cool and passes a pipe cleaner easily, something none of my other full bents do without considerable work. Rustication is beautiful and hangs in the mouth just right. I might be hooked :drunken:

img_0110.jpg
One of the features I like most about Marco's pipes, is that the stem work is as spot on as the rest of the pipe. Congrats on a fine acquisition PnP! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Dutch":puyrm44q said:
Pipe'n Prof":puyrm44q said:

img_0110.jpg
One of the features I like most about Marco's pipes, is that the stem work is as spot on as the rest of the pipe. Congrats on a fine acquisition PnP! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I wholeheartedly agree, Dutch. The attention to detail is fantastic! When holding the pipe up the the light, not even a sliver of light shows through between the stem and briar. This is one of the tests I like to do when evaluating a pipe. The union is perfect and tight. First rate. It'll take me a while to build up a collection of Moretti's as sweet as yours, though. ;) I might have to try now.

Nice looking Moretti Pipe'nProf. I'm just waiting arrival of a similar one in black. Only have one Moretti so far but the fit & finish on that one is flawless. Great pipes for the money.

Pipe'n Prof":7swtkobd said:
Dutch":7swtkobd said:
Pipe'n Prof":7swtkobd said:

img_0110.jpg
I wholeheartedly agree, Dutch. The attention to detail is fantastic! When holding the pipe up the the light, not even a sliver of light shows through between the stem and briar. This is one of the tests I like to do when evaluating a pipe. The union is perfect and tight. First rate. It'll take me a while to build up a collection of Moretti's as sweet as yours, though. ;) I might have to try now.
PnP, not sure if you have read Dr. Fred Hanna's book titled "The Perfect Smoke," but he dedicates an entire chapter to discussing the value of the Moretti pipe brand. The chapter is titled, "More With Moretti," and he goes into detail about his affection for the brand, and Marco Biagini's skill as a pipemaker. I think this says a lot about the brand, considering that Dr. Hanna's actual focus in collecting is firmly centered on extra high grade straight grains. Yet he devotes an entire chapter in his 2012 book, on the quality and value of Marco's pipes.

Plus, Marco is the most honest guy you would ever want to do business with. I know if I ever needed to return or exchange a pipe, Marco would make it right, however because of the way he does business, I have never had to consider a return. In fact in most cases, the pictures don't do the pipe justice, making the box opening always a very pleasant experience.