Lets Talk Boswell

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice pics all! I was drawn to the plug/Kake cutter in one of deepbass' pics though! I'm getting ready to pop open some Pirate kake I've had lying around and that looks like just the ticket!

Dottleman":4l8f9wlr said:
Very nice pics all! I was drawn to the plug/Kake cutter in one of deepbass' pics though! I'm getting ready to
pop open some Pirate kake I've had lying around and that looks like just the ticket!

Gotta try me some Pirate Kake...it's on the list! Go great in my JMB nosewarmer! That's a lat pipe for me...how could it not be?

It's almost time! I'm very curious to see what's offered this week!

On the 9/15 offering, #4 (SOLD) and #13 jumped out a me. Those are large pipes.
#13 still available at 10:10 AM
Bell_Top__1.jpg

Very nice! I made the plunge and picked up the two tone shot shell (#2). I love the shot shell pipes, very unique. I was eyeing the other billiard, but I'm very happy with my overall choice. I requested an once of Boswell's Best with my new pipe. Now the waiting starts :cry:

NewSmoke":euxdx0fj said:
Very nice! I made the plunge and picked up the two tone shot shell (#2). I love the shot shell pipes, very unique. I was eyeing the other billiard, but I'm very happy with my overall choice. I requested an once of Boswell's Best with my new pipe. Now the waiting starts :cry:
You will love that shotshell bent! His bents are light enough to be a great hang and that lucite stem won't show much wear. Excellent choice. I love the hint of rustification as well. Very tasteful. I hope the wait time goes fast for you & congratulations. Welcome to the Boswell club.

Thanks! I feel even better about my decision. I was looking at the other billiard (#4) first, as I figured it would be an easy clench, it was just hard to gauge the size. I felt pretty confident that the shotgun bent would fit me just fine. I may get one of his billiards once I get a little more experience with this hobby, for now, I really like bent pipes.

I'm just getting into this hobby and I think that I've got a pretty good start as far as equipment goes, now I just need to learn how to properly pack a bowl, light it, tamp it, smoke it and break my pipes in properly! By the time I leave here, I should have two super cool smoking pipes!

Al, did you end up getting one of those billiards (or both :) )? Those were both sweet looking and they went pretty quick. I can't believe how fast they all sold.

Talk about supply and demand.....can't wait to light up.

I wasn't in the market, but just enjoy looking.
I'm saving for a Brian Ruthenberg, so far, nothing is swaying me from that quest...
Someone has a very nice Boswell Churchwarden for sale over on the SmokersForum.uk. $45 delivered and unsmoked, a real tempter.
Whew, it sold....

NewSmoke":ioun5oxg said:
Thanks! I feel even better about my decision. I was looking at the other billiard (#4) first, as I figured it would be an easy clench, it was just hard to gauge the size. I felt pretty confident that the shotgun bent would fit me just fine. I may get one of his billiards once I get a little more experience with this hobby, for now, I really like bent pipes.

I'm just getting into this hobby and I think that I've got a pretty good start as far as equipment goes, now I just need to learn how to properly pack a bowl, light it, tamp it, smoke it and break my pipes in properly! By the time I leave here, I should have two super cool smoking pipes!

Al, did you end up getting one of those billiards (or both :) )? Those were both sweet looking and they went pretty quick. I can't believe how fast they all sold.

Talk about supply and demand.....can't wait to light up.

I hope he doesn't grow bored with his rustication technique, the one he says has taken a lot of time to perfect (not the "lava" carving), by the time I'm in a position to try one. I see he goes in phases. I appreciate that he keeps trying new things and moves on from them, but there is also something to be said for consistency from established ideas. But then again, smoker's are fickle. I'm sure the estate market will be a good source for years to come.

Dave_In_Philly":ffhd4w38 said:
I really wanted the rustic egg - (#6) but I was too slow. :(
That was the pipe for me on this round, as far as value to look goes. Under $90, too...a bit heavy, but most of his pipes have some weight.

The two reverse plateaux were very nice, too. I usually don't dig them so much, especially not in that color stain, but both of them worked for me this time. The blue stem on the 'warden looked cool...and only 30 grams, such a lightweight!

#4 & #13...I don't like those long stems. He had a bulldog in the shop the day I came, and it was very affordable. But with the long stem, it just didn't reach out to me.

Ha..we could do a roundup every week; it's fun to look and talk about them, even if you're not in the market.

I really like the pokers and I'm partial to the smooth finished ones but I have son getting braces so my pipe budget is now down to zero.

I also like the shotshell pipes, they look great and would really fit well with my rural Montana home where bird hunting is king.

I want to buy some more pipes, but I will probably have them sent to Montana because I don't want to worry about a bunch of expensive pipes being damaged if I need to move over here.

I agree on not wanting to damage ANY of my stuff while I'm out here. I am going to stick to the two that I have now (well, should have soon) and perhaps have any others shipped to the house. I was really hoping to have my first shipment in today, but no dice.

Good luck on the braces, I hear those can get VERY expensive, but totally worth it in the long run. :D

NewSmoke":uge12wqa said:
I agree on not wanting to damage ANY of my stuff while I'm out here. I am going to stick to the two that I have now (well, should have soon) and perhaps have any others shipped to the house. I was really hoping to have my first shipment in today, but no dice.

Good luck on the braces, I hear those can get VERY expensive, but totally worth it in the long run. :D
One of our two, $8k braces investment informs us she is now playing on a girls roller-derby team....I should have bought some pipes....(says they wear mouth guards)

Wow! That Roller Derby can be violent. Watched the Charm City Roller Girls in B'more this summer, pretty good time.

NewSmoke":ug8ohuch said:
Wow! That Roller Derby can be violent. Watched the Charm City Roller Girls in B'more this summer, pretty good time.
They came to my local B-more bike show last summer, there again in October (Charm City Mods & Rockers). My girls team (Hagerstown) plays them later this year, I'll definitely take that in. My gals pretty tough, but some of those girls are bruisers!

My pipe arrived last night!!! It is a really nice looking and has a great feel to it. I will probably start breaking it in later today.

I was opening the box and two other guys were watching and both are now going to call and order pipes from Boswell. One is going to try to order two...one for him and another for his son. Pipe smokers are coming out of the woodwork here!!!

I've had a few young soldiers come up to me and asking about the pipe and they all bought cheap pipes in country that ended up being made with a lot of plastic. Needless to say it didn't end well. I'm going to order a bunch of MM pipes go give out to guys who are interested.

I will post a photo soon. I think I still have a few days until I am able to put up photos here.

riff raff":tmre0efa said:
NewSmoke":tmre0efa said:

One of our two, $8k braces investment informs us she is now playing on a girls roller-derby team....I should have bought some pipes....(says they wear mouth guards)
Be prepared....I ordered an extra couple of ounces on top of the free ounce he sends out with each pipe. He sent a total of five free ounces, so you will have plenty of tobacco to sample.

I haven't been able to check the mail requirements yet..we only receive mail here. I will check as soon as I we hit a big FOB.

riff raff":1h67wq9m said:
NewSmoke":1h67wq9m said:

I'm a little worried about my son getting them. He tends to act BEFORE he thinks. He just started football again which I'm not worried about, but he has loosened some teeth twice in the past playing baseball (I should say....when horse playing before or after practice).