Lets Talk Boswell

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thai'd Up":9zonwim9 said:
riff raff":9zonwim9 said:
NewSmoke":9zonwim9 said:
I agree on not wanting to damage ANY of my stuff while I'm out here. I am going to stick to the two that I have now (well, should have soon) and perhaps have any others shipped to the house. I was really hoping to have my first shipment in today, but no dice.

Good luck on the braces, I hear those can get VERY expensive, but totally worth it in the long run. :D
One of our two, $8k braces investment informs us she is now playing on a girls roller-derby team....I should have bought some pipes....(says they wear mouth guards)
I'm a little worried about my son getting them. He tends to act BEFORE he thinks. He just started football again which I'm not worried about, but he has loosened some teeth twice in the past playing baseball (I should say....when horse playing before or after practice).
He'll figure it out pretty quick. Damaging them usually results in some pain, so they learn to avoid that quickly. Near teh end, when the retainer comes into play (and braces off) is the biggest hassle. I think we lost one or two of them in my tenure. Eats into your pipe budget...

Thai'd Up":86qw5hr1 said:
I haven't been able to check the mail requirements yet..we only receive mail here. I will check as soon as I we hit a big FOB.
No issues with using MPS to swap tobacco. Once I get my shipment in, I'll shoot you a sample of what I've got! PM me your physical address and we'll get this thing going. I'm excited to try some different blends as I have NO idea what I'm going to like. Figured I'd start mild and go from there. Hope all is well up there!

A guy on another forum has this nice Churchwarden for sale, at a pretty good price!
http://www.bobramstad.com/Pipes/ForSale/20101111X1.html

Just in case you don't feel like resisting the urge...
IMG_3969.JPG

Sorry about that giant pix, I can't seem to be able to remove it now...

I stopped by the shop yesterday and picked up a 6 oz refill of Magnum, my daily smoke.

I chatted with Dan about the pipe on their webpage with the stem extension. He said that was elk antler and was a special commission. I mentioned some soldiers overseas have been ordering his pipes lately. He said they don't really do commisions as they are too busy, but definitely would for a soldier overseas. He said you guys typically don't have easy phone access, so they understand and make an exception for soldiers. He said if you want a particular pipe, email them on your request. He added to keep bugging them via email if you don't get a reply. They are being rude by not replying, but them get overwhelmed by requests. He said a soldier would get priority

Thanks for remembering to ask about that for me. I think I might be pretty good on pipes right now. I do like the one that is on the website though. I will def have to get tot he shop sometime and look around. He's right though, the phone situation can be pretty dire out here sometimes. If I come up with any ideas, I'll certainly send them an email! Thanks.

The great thing about Boswell's is that it is right off 81 (so it seems). I was born and lived in VA for 27 years before moving to jersey. Anyway now that I smoke pipes it is yet another place to add to my "pit stops" list while going through PA. Which also includes Pat Garretts sheepskin store (they have nice shslippers, throws, ect) and Bass pro shop.

Cuervo25_1":23yfpfca said:
The great thing about Boswell's is that it is right off 81 (so it seems). I was born and lived in VA for 27 years before moving to jersey. Anyway now that I smoke pipes it is yet another place to add to my "pit stops" list while going through PA. Which also includes Pat Garretts sheepskin store (they have nice shslippers, throws, ect) and Bass pro shop.
I live right up the road, so Boswells is a bi-weekly stop for me. I've seen the Pat Garrett store in 78, but never stopped. I do hit that huge Cabella's on 78. NJ is a frequent travel destination.

Man, that big churchwarden picture I posted is messing up this thead - is there a way to remove it?

riff raff":6lmc9ewj said:
Cuervo25_1":6lmc9ewj said:
I live right up the road, so Boswells is a bi-weekly stop for me. I've seen the Pat Garrett store in 78, but never stopped. I do hit that huge Cabella's on 78. NJ is a frequent travel destination.
Cabelas not bass pro is where I stop lol oops

Pat Garretts has alot of nice stuff even though it looks like a dump on the outside.

NewSmoke":n6hftma3 said:
Very nice! I made the plunge and picked up the two tone shot shell (#2). I love the shot shell pipes, very unique. I was eyeing the other billiard, but I'm very happy with my overall choice. I requested an once of Boswell's Best with my new pipe. Now the waiting starts :cry:
I also just picked up a shot Shell (Sportsman) I have never seen anything like it and fell in love. I will post some PICS.

riff raff":9hk2syoe said:
Man, that big churchwarden picture I posted is messing up this thead - is there a way to remove it?
MAN....what did you do to this thread, its all messed up now...HAHAHAHHA ;)

PipeLeisure":zg75dvcn said:
riff raff":zg75dvcn said:
deepbass9":zg75dvcn said:
Agreed. JM has one in his shop for most of the summer in that style/shape/color. It's priced at $109 I believe. It looks like a great hanger.
Do you know if JM has any "baby jumbo's" in the shop? I really love them but cant find one for sale.
hmm, not exactly sure what a "baby jumbo" looks like, pop up a pix and I'll check on the next trip. Looks like we bumped onto a new page, making the big picture moot!

...never mind....

...just waiting on the shotgun pic.

I'm gonna pop for one soon for a good buddy. They always seem similarly shaped, which isn't a bad thing, so you got me curious..

OK I finally got around to taking a picture of my newest Boswell addition. This is my Boswell Shot-shell Egg sportsman's pipe. All smooth tumbleweed finish with a 12 gage silver shell band. Hand cut acrylic orange-red pearlized sunburst freehand mouthpiece.

Very nice.

There were a couple on todays listing that caught my eye. I just can't make a decision fast enough.

My strategy now is to keep some pictures of a few that I like and then maybe send them to Boswell's and ask if there are any in the shop that are similar.

Delayed gratification.................sucks. :( :D