Lets Talk Boswell

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Josjor":ce6m55ze said:
Very nice.

There were a couple on todays listing that caught my eye. I just can't make a decision fast enough.

My strategy now is to keep some pictures of a few that I like and then maybe send them to Boswell's and ask if there are any in the shop that are similar.

Delayed gratification.................sucks. :( :D
Yup...sometimes it's hard to decide when you only have about 10 min to think about it.

Nice grab Derek, I love that finish (he doesn't do many in that color)

I stopped by the shop today - found a tin of SG FVF!

At 5 PM, they still had not yet sold the super nice bulldog. Dan offered to show it to me, but I declined, knowing I'd be in trouble.....

Bulldog1.JPG

riff raff":grxtms2p said:
Nice grab Derek, I love that finish (he doesn't do many in that color)

I stopped by the shop today - found a tin of SG FVF!

At 5 PM, they still had not yet sold the super nice bulldog. Dan offered to show it to me, but I declined, knowing I'd be in trouble.....

Bulldog1.JPG
Why did you decline? Just do it man!! I wish I lived as close as you, I would be there every day.

BoswellBilliard-3a.jpg

BoswellBilliard-3b.jpg

Just picked this one up, my 4th Boswell. Notice that this one is signed by J.M. and his son Dan. J.M. carved the pipe out, and Dan completed the weathered stone finish.

Wow that sure is a beauty Albert, I love the acrylic mouthpiece, I have never seen JM use that color before...it's beautiful...want to sell it? :lol!:

PipeLeisure":gdwboopu said:
Wow that sure is a beauty Albert, I love the acrylic mouthpiece, I have never seen JM use that color before...it's beautiful...want to sell it? :lol!:
Lol, I wish I knew how plentiful the pipes with both father and son sig's are gonna be. I need to give Dan a call and ask about this before I fire this one up and put it into regular rotation. I can't believe I had no competition bidding for this Boswell!

Thanks Anthony (Pipe Lawyer) for posting this new YouTube vid...i cant wait to try it.

Boswells newest tobacco with contest!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yTQ0KMGTolc" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dutch":p8lnh9cj said:
Just picked this one up, my 4th Boswell. Notice that this one is signed by J.M. and his son Dan. J.M. carved the pipe out, and Dan completed the weathered stone finish.
That is a great Boswell Dutch! Dan said he had some new stem colors, that one is striking. I love the polished top as well, he doesn't do many of those. Enjoy breaking it in!

riff raff":24t4qkao said:
Dutch":24t4qkao said:
That is a great Boswell Dutch! Dan said he had some new stem colors, that one is striking. I love the polished top as well, he doesn't do many of those. Enjoy breaking it in!
Thanks so much for the kind words riff raff. I've always wanted one of J.M.'s designs incorporating the shotgun shell accent.

They sold the Forbes magazine cover page pipe for $180 today. It was actually up for 20 minutes or so before listed as sold.
ForbesSP.JPG

This Prince is also attractive and also sold
Prince7.JPG

riff raff":xjfhijmd said:
They sold the Forbes magazine cover page pipe for $180 today. It was actually up for 20 minutes or so before listed as sold.
Some nice pieces up on the web site this morning....thanks for posting Al.

Very nice pipes gentlemen. These are my only contributions to the post; had others but they were sold or traded along the way.
Pi083.jpg

6-18-2011002.jpg

Simple Man":5c20ua6o said:
Dutch":5c20ua6o said:
Here is a new Boswell up for bid with 8 days left. Looks like a great armchair piece, to settle in and watch a game or movie with.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-unsmoked-JM-J-M-Boswell-2011-tobacco-estate-pipe-/250923660753?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6c3735d1
That is a beautiful pipe. Lot of interest in it though, it will go out of my price range very quickly. Maybe one day I'll be in the right place at the right time.
What's so interesting to me, is that this same pipe was up for auction last week, and got absolutely no bids. Now at auction, it will probably go for more than the buy it now price that was listed last week.