Lets Talk Boswell

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will not look at any more pipes on eBay...I WON'T...I WON'T...I WON'T...AND YOU CAN'T MAKE ME.......so there!!! :p

Dutch":f4n2ohxx said:
Here is a new Boswell up for bid with 8 days left. Looks like a great armchair piece, to settle in and watch a game or movie with.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-unsmoked-JM-J-M-Boswell-2011-tobacco-estate-pipe-/250923660753?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6c3735d1
Geez, I have my Boswell Freehand in the classifieds for $106 delivered. It's in that good shape (mint) and has better graining (my opinion).

I have to free up some rack room for another purchase and something has to go....

Oddly, I had just lit my own deep fluted swirl from Boswell's which is nearly identical to the one pictured when I read this (Heck, I just called it a freehand). It's a couple of years old and if memory serves, I paid about $129 for it, but they've found their market niche I gather. Still a good value and it's a great smoker.

I just came across this thread, because I'm spastic. Boswell pipes are amazing for the money. Gee, another thing I have to acquire. I hate you all. :D :D :D (...like a loving brother...)

Dutch":sm2kg9c2 said:
Here is a new Boswell up for bid with 8 days left. Looks like a great armchair piece, to settle in and watch a game or movie with.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-unsmoked-JM-J-M-Boswell-2011-tobacco-estate-pipe-/250923660753?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6c3735d1
I remember this pipe when it was on sale on the Boswell site. I remember thinking I should jump on it because it was available and it was only $90 (i think). That seller bought a bunch of boswell pipes and is simply flipping them.

riff raff":on8vcebt said:
Dutch":on8vcebt said:

Geez, I have my Boswell Freehand in the classifieds for $106 delivered. It's in that good shape (mint) and has better graining (my opinion).

I have to free up some rack room for another purchase and something has to go....
What do you think you're doing? Posting pictures of my pipe!!!!!

:D

This one smokes good. I just had some Magnum in it this morning. My first Boswell and I think the first of many to come.

LPcreation":vzdjepok said:
Dutch":vzdjepok said:

I remember this pipe when it was on sale on the Boswell site. I remember thinking I should jump on it because it was available and it was only $90 (i think). That seller bought a bunch of boswell pipes and is simply flipping them.
Great point, most of his in that style are in the $99 - $129 range. Maybe I should have listed my freehand on ebay...(although it was new).

Bridge51.JPG

I'm in lust. Too bad my PAD budget is shot 'til the new year. This one was posted yesterday and it's still available, which is odd I think.

Weird, I didn't get the notification on this post.
I'm glad you are enjoying it. I still have my Boswell bent, and will acquire another one day.

Josjor":wvt96nuf said:
riff raff":wvt96nuf said:
Dutch":wvt96nuf said:

What do you think you're doing? Posting pictures of my pipe!!!!!

:D

This one smokes good. I just had some Magnum in it this morning. My first Boswell and I think the first of many to come.

riff raff":6l0oq5c5 said:
I bought a few Comoys from this ebay seller. He just listed this Boswell Poker that looks pretty interesting.
I know he is a big Boswell fan and owns several. Sure enough, this is one of his personal pipes
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250931446808&category=4119&emailtemplateid=38463791&sellerid=zTpVD1PmK5IhNM/J0VsYhw==&buyerid=FpRekKD1aqBhkyntwlLc0A==&refid=store&ssPageName=ADME:B:SEMK:US:LISTG
Nice! It's one of those "pok-cano" shapes! :cheers: Wish I could bid on it!

I've been to Boswell's shop on a few occasions. Nice pipes, nice atmosphere, nice experience, and super nice folks. Recommended!

I missed out on #2 & #16 today, but what do you guys think of 14 & 15? I'm really tempted to pull the trigger and make those my first real pipes.

jerwin":rtmyqtvc said:
Nevermind, those are gone now too. Maybe next week.
Give them a call. I was at the shop yesterday for a refill of my Magnum. They had several similar pipes on the rack, less than $100. Wish I'd have seen this, I'd could have snapped/sent you some camera pix. Or, I go by there again next Tuesday, if you want to see what is on the wall, call my cell and I can call you from the shop (PM me for that info, if desired).

The offer is much appreciate, riff raff. I'll give them a call, and if I need a picture I'll let you know. Thanks again!

Here is my collection. My Boswell's go back to 2002 and my first one cost $38.95.

BoswellCollection.jpg

billm67":x6ienb43 said:
Here is my collection. My Boswell's go back to 2002 and my first one cost $38.95.

BoswellCollection.jpg

Nice collection Bill! I really like the fluted one, top center! 8)