Lets Talk Boswell

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my 1st Boswell on Wednesday. Unfortunately, I've found no time to smoke it! Will post pics soon.

:shock: :shock: :shock: You are my new best friend Bill :lol!: I love your collection, you have some really nice pieces there. Thanks for sharing with us.

I have yet to get one... every time he puts them up, they are gone before I get there. I like the traditional styles like 7, 12 &16 in the last set he had up.

Bill, that is a very nice collection indeed! :D

I just had 2 pipe fulls of Boswells new Chocolate blend called Pipers Pleasure and I just cant get enough of it....ITS FANTASTIC! Wondering who else has tried this new blend and what you think.

Here is Boswells description of this wonderful blend.

Piper's Pleasure- Aroma - one of the most important aspects of any smoking tobacco. Perfect burning quality. Rich flavors of chocolate, vanilla, coffee, and a mild sweetness. A mild, slow burning, cool smoke

PipeLeisure":hll0jx80 said:
I just had 2 pipe fulls of Boswells new Chocolate blend called Pipers Pleasure and I just cant get enough of it....ITS FANTASTIC! Wondering who else has tried this new blend and what you think.

Here is Boswells description of this wonderful blend.

Piper's Pleasure- Aroma - one of the most important aspects of any smoking tobacco. Perfect burning quality. Rich flavors of chocolate, vanilla, coffee, and a mild sweetness. A mild, slow burning, cool smoke

Derek, what a great picture! I want that pipe! I haven't tried Pipers Pleasure, but I'm getting an order together for Boswells, I'm gonna add some to the order.

Jack

Thanks Jack but its not my picture...Im just passing it on From Boswells ;)

You will love this blend I promiss!!

PipeLeisure":pf28q33h said:
Thanks Jack but its not my picture...Im just passing it on From Boswells ;)

You will love this blend I promiss!!
Oh, ok... I knew a couple of the guys on here lived close to Boswells, so I thought maybe... do you think that pipe is a Boswell? It looks fantastic! I've been looking at churchwardens for a while just waiting on one of them to speak to me... I think I heard a whisper.

JM has been making churchwadens for a long time. If I see any in the shop...I'll snap some pics with my phone. I also plan on taking a few of the shop to post up here. He also makes a churchwarden with a bowl that looks like a maxi ball for the re-enactors crowd. My buddy and I was going down to Boswell's tomorrow morning. I will definitely be trying out some of that pipers pleasure!

PS....My plans are to add a new Boswell too for 2011!

billm67":kk0zesgb said:
JM has been making churchwadens for a long time. He also makes a churchwarden with a bowl that looks like a maxi ball for the re-enactors crowd. My buddy and I was going down to Boswell's tomorrow morning. I will definitely be trying out some of that pipers pleasure!

He had some neat pipe related Christmas decorations last week. We're going to Warfordsburg to get our tree, or I'd join you.

billm67":xuykmj5q said:
JM has been making churchwadens for a long time. If I see any in the shop...I'll snap some pics with my phone. I also plan on taking a few of the shop to post up here. He also makes a churchwarden with a bowl that looks like a maxi ball for the re-enactors crowd. My buddy and I was going down to Boswell's tomorrow morning. I will definitely be trying out some of that pipers pleasure!

You are so lucky. We have a great little pipe shop near me, but nothing like the looks of that place! I've got to get one of his churchwardens, do you know how much they typically go for? If there IS a typical price. lol

Simple Man":68lwkm2w said:
billm67":68lwkm2w said:

You are so lucky. We have a great little pipe shop near me, but nothing like the looks of that place! I've got to get one of his churchwardens, do you know how much they typically go for? If there IS a typical price. lol
They are right around $90-$100. A guy on another forum has a nice one for sale for about $60, I'll look for his look if you are interested.

Here's that churchwarden, he is asking $65 but it has been on his page for a while, so who knows?
http://www.bobramstad.com/Pipes/ForSale/20101111X1.html

IMG_3969.JPG

Have you looked at the gallery of Churchwardens on the web site? There are some really nice looking pipes there. In fact I find my gazing at the pipe galleries quite often. The only problem with doing that is that I find things I really like...but then you go to the shop and there is nothing like them there, There are many nice things there.....but each pipe is unique. There aren't two alike.

billm67":2op861ks said:
Have you looked at the gallery of Churchwardens on the web site? There are some really nice looking pipes there. In fact I find my gazing at the pipe galleries quite often. The only problem with doing that is that I find things I really like...but then you go to the shop and there is nothing like them there, There are many nice things there.....but each pipe is unique. There aren't two alike.
Some nice pipes in the gallery for sure, but all of those are sold. The only available pipes on the website are the ones under the available pipes tab... which is none. lol

I made the trip to Boswell's on Saturday and there were many great pipes there. I spent a couple of hours there saturday morning. Here are a couple of pictures from the trip.

Picture of the tobacco selection
4-B0A1DE92-1775281-800.jpg

Many pipes for sale
IMAG0105.jpg

JM talking with a customer
IMAG0106.jpg

New Boswell that followed me home
boswellrhodesian.jpg

Nice pics Bill, thanks for sharing them with us! :santa:

Bill... thanks so much for posting these pictures...I want to visit Boswells SOOO BAD. Nice pipe as well.