R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got home and had a message that they had Stonehaven as well. Of course it's gone when I checked.

I called SP myself soon as I got the head's up, and both P and SH were sold out...in under a minute and a half, apparently! Woof. They said they only got 10 bags of Stonehaven this time around, but even still that's crazzzzy fast. Only smoked Stonehaven a few times when I got a few grams from a brother, but man oh man was it good. Someday, precious....

GrampaGrossbart":y2jcoaxm said:
I called SP myself soon as I got the head's up, and both P and SH were sold out...in under a minute and a half, apparently! Woof. They said they only got 10 bags of Stonehaven this time around, but even still that's crazzzzy fast. Only smoked Stonehaven a few times when I got a few grams from a brother, but man oh man was it good. Someday, precious....

Jesse you have a pm.

Cheers,

RR

I got caught up trying to find and sample some of these "rare" tobaccos, I just now came to the startling realization that no tobacco is worth fretting over; that being said, and as was mentioned in another post, all of the tulip mania-like tobaccos are available at retail price if you are willing to use a telephone and do a bit of leg work. I'm not disparaging anyone, I just personally had to take a step back and remember it's just tobacco. Again, not criticizing.

sam":4sf6yi3c said:
I got caught up trying to find and sample some of these "rare" tobaccos, I just now came to the startling realization that no tobacco is worth fretting over; that being said, and as was mentioned in another post, all of the tulip mania-like tobaccos are available at retail price if you are willing to use a telephone and do a bit of leg work.  I'm not disparaging anyone, I just personally had to take a step back and remember it's just tobacco.  Again, not criticizing.
Yes. But I scored one of the 10 bags of SH. :santa: 

Blackhorse":7q1a99uk said:
Yeah, but where's the fun in the 'it's just tobacco' thing? :lol:
Yeah, take away the baccymania and you take away this whole thread! That said, BH gave away the Big Secret to scoring SH, et al, on this very forum, not more than a day ago: get off the damn internet and call some brick and mortars. You'd be surprised; I know I was when I called around this afternoon and was able to nab some fairly close to home.

It wasn't me.

I just reposted a comment from...oh heck...just read the whole thing yourselves!

Posted by:  cigrmaster

"Hi Blackhorse, I read your thread about Stonehaven and since I smoke it and have it I did not comment as per your post. I did want to let you know that Stonehaven is not hard to find. I got a couple of ounces in a trade I did on this site last December and fell in love with it. Since then I have acquired 14 pounds from different retailers with a few of those pounds coming from trades. All I did was call a bunch of different tobacconists in low tax states that have little to no web presence and now my cellar is complete with that blend. I do not have any special connections, the only 8 oz bag I got from a well known source was from 4noggins, all the others were from small mom and pops. You might want to suggest to all the people who claim they cannot find it that if they were to spend a little time it could be had. The last time it came around I got a call from one of the places I had bought it previously and he asked how many bags I wanted, the guy was willing to sell me his entire stash. So many of the small mom and pops have no limits and are looking for customers. I have loaded my cellar the exact same way with SG FVF, St James flake and if I smoked Penzance I would have all I wanted of that also. I hear people complain all the time about hard to finds but if they are just going to look at the three major sites like SP, PC and 4 noggins, yes it is tough to get. I hope my message is taken in the manner in which it is intended, just a friendly suggestion on how to obtain an allegedly hard to find tobacco."

+1 Blackhorse

I have been using the same method that cigrmaster uses for the past few years. It works. Why this past week I scored 3 bags of Stonehaven and 1 bag of Penzance. You have to get it from small B&Ms.

I've been preaching pretty much the same thing for a long time. It's just a matter of not depending on three or four online vendors, as has been said. That, and making at least a modicum of effort.

My local guy has a continuous supply of fvf, penzance he hasn't been able to get. I went with him through several distributors websites that he uses and no estorica products. =(

Penzance and other Esoterica items are in stock at Pipes & Cigars. You have to call in the order though.

Blackhorse":vql3tdwf said:
It wasn't me.

I just reposted a comment from...oh heck...just read the whole thing yourselves!

Posted by:  cigrmaster

[/i]
Meant to mention that it was via cigrmaster; mea culpa! Wise words, in any event (and I'm frankly mad at myself for not checking with my local people first, since I like dealing with them more--they haven't been able to get it in the past, but it's always worth a follow-up).