R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@derlict311 Thanks I'd forgotten all about pipestud. I've seen him list on Ebay many times. The couple things he had tins listed when I looked either didn't interest me or people were bidding crazy. The Beacons ('06,'07) and Pease laurel heights ('06) looked good for $10 each. Will probably be a year until I get to them. Have a bunch of tins ordered from friends "must try lists" for crazy December. :bounce:

Some Esoterica products in stock and Smoking pipes, including 8oz Stonehaven and 2oz Penzance. You have to call them to order with a limit of 2 per customer.

swhipple":vbdwdiww said:
Some Esoterica products in stock and Smoking pipes, including 8oz Stonehaven and 2oz Penzance.  You have to call them to order with a limit of 2 per customer.
Yeah, I called 10-12 times all I got was a message saying that the "Voicemail box was full."

Some system they got going there. :lol!: 

It took me 22 calls to get through, and I got two bags of Stonehaven. I see on another forum that they are now out of it.

Yeah, I called 10-12 times all I got was a message saying that the "Voicemail box was full."

Some system they got going there. lol!
You have to be patient to be a pipe smoker.  :D  I checked my phone and I called 18 times before finally getting through. I guess I got lucky because I was giving up at 20

You are right their phone system isn't hitting on much. I don't think they really plan on people calling and I'm not sure why they went this way?

swhipple":r68h0vzy said:
You are right their phone system isn't hitting on much. I don't think they really plan on people calling and I'm not sure why they went this way?
Oh people were a-callin', I am sure of that. They're already out of what I was looking for, No Biggie.

Hereward":3ysig2d0 said:
At least they aren't fleecing customers for $50/8oz. :lol: 
Since you brought the subject up, Pipes and Cigars have not sold out of any Esoterica products since they doubled their prices on those mixtures.

Been waiting for this day a long time. I was going to call for Dorchester, but when I refreshed the page tins were available for normal purchase, limit 8 per customer per day. I bought 3, so as not to contribute to the hoarding, you know the ole "leave some for the fish at the drinking fountain" idea.

There, that's my dose of holier-than-thou high-horse ivory-tower moralism for the day (also limit 8 per customer per day). I will blame no one for laughing at me from amid stacks and stacks of tobacco tins.

swhipple":vjivozgt said:
Some Esoterica products in stock and Smoking pipes, including 8oz Stonehaven and 2oz Penzance.  You have to call them to order with a limit of 2 per customer.
Saw this in stock notification several hrs after it had been sent. By then both Stony and Germain's Brown Flake were oos.

Seems to me last time SP had any Stony, it was only like 8 or 10 bags or something according to one poster who asked them on the phone! Hardly enough to go around, and that was several months ago!

Oh well, snooze and looze!

:p 

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":hiev5e10 said:
swhipple":hiev5e10 said:
Saw this in stock notification several hrs after it had been sent. By then both Stony and Germain's Brown Flake were oos.

Seems to me last time SP had any Stony, it was only like 8 or 10 bags or something according to one poster who asked them on the phone! Hardly enough to go around, and that was several months ago!

Oh well, snooze and looze!

:p 

Cheers,

RR
I asked when I finally got through and they said they had gotten around 30 bags of Stonehaven. I notice everything they got is gone now. It's going to be like this from now on, especially since Pipes and Cigars insists on gouging the public on Esoterica. Or are they? They still have the same blends in stock that they had when they doubled their prices. Apparently, they aren't selling them.

I've just got my hands on 8 oz.s of Dorchester for for $26 and haven't a clue why they think they can possibly get double that for there's. Maybe there as clueless as I am.

4Noggins got in a fair amount of Esoterica bags and tins today, and posted them around 4 o'clock at the same old prices. All they have left now is Tilbury in tins. Smoking Pipes sold out of everything they got pretty darn fast yesterday.

Mars also got a shipment of Esoterica and Germain. Stonehave was sold out this morning, but there was still some Penzance tins left

Payless pipes has some Esoterica flavors, including tins of Dunbar and Dorchester. Prices are very good too.

I got my order from Mars Cigars today and was a little unhappy that I only got one bag of Stonehaven when my order was confirmed for 2 bags. The website said the limit was 2 when I ordered, but I see that's changed. Well, at least they didn't charge me for two bags, but the printed invoice was crossed out and changed with a ball point pen.