Secret Santa 2014

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just 3 more days!! :santa:   I can't wait to see who I get this year!

A friend of mine posted this Groupon on another forum yesterday.  It is a pretty great deal and I plan on using it to fill up my Secret Santa box.  Other than everyone (including me) getting the deal for cheaper than the $49 posted, I don't get anything if you buy one yourself....just thought I would share.  Groupon Deal

To follow up on Scottie's post. I picked up the offer too, which means we hit the Groupon refund bar. Now 10 people can get this deal at $16 for $50 credit, or $32 for $100. Hope that helps out the elves and grinches alike :D . Happy Holidays all!

A day late, I know. Yesterday turned into one of "THOSE" days. I will sit down and work on this today. Try to check in and be sure your PM boxes are not full. Once I start sending PM's my Outbox will fill up quickly and I may be delayed waiting for people to read their incoming.

Thanks!

:santa:

:cheers: :santa: :cheers: :santa: :cheers: :santa: :cheers: :santa: :cheers: :santa: :cheers:

Carlos":re4zqcnw said:
A day late, I know.  Yesterday turned into one of "THOSE" days.  I will sit down and work on this today.  Try to check in and be sure your PM boxes are not full.  Once I start sending PM's my Outbox will fill up quickly and I may be delayed waiting for people to read their incoming.

Thanks!

Carlos, you sound like my students!  They had all semester to write that paper, but because some "disaster" befell them the night before it was due, that should excuse them from being on time. :lol!:

Just kidding, of course.  We all appreciate the effort you put into this,
(and by the way, you failed the course :affraid: )

Professor Natch

Natch":kxduywqa said:
Carlos":kxduywqa said:
A day late, I know.  Yesterday turned into one of "THOSE" days.  I will sit down and work on this today.  Try to check in and be sure your PM boxes are not full.  Once I start sending PM's my Outbox will fill up quickly and I may be delayed waiting for people to read their incoming.

Thanks!

Carlos, you sound like my students!  They had all semester to write that paper, but because some "disaster" befell them the night before it was due, that should excuse them from being on time. :lol!:

Professor Natch
You're a hard man, Natch! :lol!:

:lol!:

Yeah, well. Last decent day of this year and I needed to service the whole house generator. Took my truck into the shop. Had them look at the gas leak for a 2nd opinion. I ended up going and picking it up. Cost me $75. I think it may receive last rights. GM's solution is, run all the gas lines together. Clip them in a bunch with plastic clips. So they rust in clumps. Has to be replaced as a unit. The cab has to be lifted off the frame in order to replace them all the way to the engine. May park it along the hard road and sell it to someone. Just a minor gas leak and the scent of gasoline around the truck. (DON'T LIGHT THAT MATCH!)

Mulched leaves for the final time this year. Had to help prepare for a dinner at the men's club, and then go to a ham radio dinner myself. And 6 meters opened to Hawaii yesterday and I got in the ham shack just a few minutes too late. Signals were already starting to fade. But that's just kind of how the whole day was. Barely had time to talk to the wife. Still playing catchup today.

But rest assured, had I had your class. That paper was turned in a week early. My 4.0 GPA would still be intact. :santa:

Natch":pl2b5lgs said:
Carlos":pl2b5lgs said:

Thanks!

Professor Natch
Wow, you're tough! I'd just fail him for the assignment . . . of course, that could be 50% of the final grade! :twisted:

I was wondering why I hadn't heard who was getting this bag of mixture 79, this cherry laden cob, and all seven of these fruit cakes...

Guys don't let Natch fool you... He was my Secret Santa one year. (He couldn't hide it, I was the organizer) and he had me right on the verge of crying.... A gentleman I won't name (he's a cop in New York.. His name on here sounds like RoverSipes) was the only guy to even come close to the good Professors gift... And had the good professor never sent me a package The other guys package would have been the biggest bomb I ever received...

Honestly if a guy is going to send the minimum I hope he draws my name instead of one of yall. The generosity shown to me in prior years has been phenominal and I'd rather someone else get that blessing.....

PS: if you draw my name an Ashton XX billiard, a big craggy Castello Blast, a Morta pipe, and 25lbs of GH&Co or Pease blends will be okay if you can't muster up the finances for a decent sized gift. :p

puros_bran":zqk1ma2h said:
  I was wondering why I hadn't heard who was getting this bag of mixture 79, this cherry laden cob, and all seven of these fruit cakes...

Guys don't let Natch fool you... He was my Secret Santa one year. (He couldn't hide it, I was the organizer) and he had me right on the verge of crying.... A gentleman I won't name (he's a cop in New York.. His name on here sounds like RoverSipes) was the only guy to even come close to the good Professors gift...   And had the good professor never sent me a package The other guys package would have been the biggest bomb I ever received...

Honestly if a guy is going to send the minimum I hope he draws my name instead of one of yall.  The generosity shown to me in prior years has been phenominal and I'd rather someone else get that blessing.....

PS: if you draw my name an Ashton XX billiard, a big craggy Castello Blast, a Morta pipe, and 25lbs of GH&Co or Pease blends will be okay if you can't muster up the finances for a decent sized gift. :p
I'll be sure to send you all my burned-through pipes to play with along with the fruitcake :joker:

puros_bran":ebihbpfk said:

Guys don't let Natch fool you... He was my Secret Santa one year. (He couldn't hide it, I was the organizer) and he had me right on the verge of crying.... A gentleman I won't name (he's a cop in New York.. His name on here sounds like RoverSipes) was the only guy to even come close to the good Professors gift...   And had the good professor never sent me a package The other guys package would have been the biggest bomb I ever received...

Honestly if a guy is going to send the minimum I hope he draws my name instead of one of yall.  The generosity shown to me in prior years has been phenominal and I'd rather someone else get that blessing.....

^^^I think I'd settle for all of that^^^

:santa: :santa:

Natch used to send me boxes of high-end baccyweed just because.   Just showed up one day, all neatly-labeled and ready to go.   I think he was bored.   :lol:

Natch traded me a pipe and totally acknowledged he got the sh*t end of the deal:   I still have the pipe and love the hell out of it.  

Yeah, make sure one of the new guys finds out what a truly generous bastard Natch is.   :heart:  :lol:   (...glad he's a part of BoB Santa 2014...)  

----------------------------

C'monnnnnn Carlos! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Don't let stuff get ya down! Chores! Honey-dos! Procrastinations! Sweep it under the rug and...

...let's get these names rollin'! :D :D :D :D

8)

Kyle Weiss":xxfbrmt5 said:
C'monnnnnn Carlos!    :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:   Don't let stuff get ya down!   Chores!   Honey-dos!   Procrastinations!    Sweep it under the rug and...

...let's get these names rollin'!    :D   :D  :D  :D    

8)
I fell asleep in my chair. :santa:

puros_bran":q2mt46ff said:

Once upon a time, Natch offered to send me a "few" samples when I mentioned I'd developed a growing interest in VAs and VaPers. I thought, "great! Can't wait to try three or four new blends!"

The box showed up and I needed a snow shovel to dig through all the baggies.

Stand up guy, that Natch.

Ok. A true "numbers in the hat" random match up. I had two that got themselves and I switched them. In the past I also checked prior years SS and made sure that they had not had each other for several years. I did not do that this year. New computer and I cannot find the old files on the right flash drive. It is possible someone might have the same person as they had in the past couple years.

I will start sending PM's in a few minutes. :santa: