Show us your wood!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok! Not many seem to want to show their pieces. I am not too proud to show some of my obscure pieces.

This is a rather eclectic piece crafted by a local artisan here in NC, Bob Ray. Unfortunately Bob is no longer carving pipes due to health reasons.

I call this the Mohawk Pot Straight Grain. My little 1.3 meg camera does not even come close to doing this pipe justice. Phenomenal straight grain on this unusual piece.

mohawk4.jpg

mohawk3.jpg

mohawk1.jpg

mohawk2.jpg

Ok, I did a quick scan of what I have on my space. I need to take some more pics and put them where I can link to them.

The first is a recent acquisition. A Tinsky Cabernet Diplomat that Steven at Knox made me an offer I could not refuse. The other is a fancy meer that I have never smoked.

boardpipe.jpg

fancy_meer_.jpg

:D

Very nice pieces Carlos! I look forward to seeing more of your stuff.

Justpipes":inudkqkq said:
Ok! Not many seem to want to show their pieces. I am not too proud to show some of my obscure pieces.

This is a rather eclectic piece crafted by a local artisan here in NC, Bob Ray. Unfortunately Bob is no longer carving pipes due to health reasons.

I call this the Mohawk Pot Straight Grain. My little 1.3 meg camera does not even come close to doing this pipe justice. Phenomenal straight grain on this unusual piece.

mohawk4.jpg

mohawk3.jpg

mohawk1.jpg

mohawk2.jpg
Very nice pipe Jp. I like the name "Mohawk" being from central New York. Quite a bit of American Indian tradition not far from my front door...

I can honestly say that this pipe is an absolute masterpiece! Another finely crafted briar by Mike Brissett. I consider this the highest grade freehand in my rotation. This pipe has some of the most stunning grain of any pipe that I have ever seen. It has a cumberland shank trim that which Mike meticulously lined the swirls in the cumberland up with the grain on the shank. Unbelievable! It has a perfectly executed 1/2 plateau, 1/2 smooth rim that is just gorgeous. The stem is a beautiful pearlized gray that is a very fitting accent to the redish stain finish. The all around balance of this pipe is second to none.

BrissettCumb1.jpg

BrissettCumb2.jpg

BrissettCumb3.jpg

Here's some wood. I mean to play with the camera as I get a chance.

A shape not often seen. The Raindrop, or (I have heard it called) a Bilbo Baggins pipe.

This is a Ser Jacopo. These often have two stems. I only got the short one.

serjacopobilbo.jpg

serjacopobilboa.jpg

I'm unsure if I like that shape, But I Love that metalwork, that is awesome.

puros_bran":9u2cv1ug said:
I'm unsure if I like that shape, But I Love that metalwork, that is awesome.

There is that resemblance to a part of a mammal's anatomy. :lol: But it smokes very good.

Do you have one of those green cumberlands that Rad Davis makes? Those are really cool! 8)

I acquired this beauty from John B. Hayes while I was in DC this week. He gave me an absurdly good deal on it.

Dunhill Shell 5102.

DunShell2.jpg

DunShell3.jpg

DunShell4.jpg

Nice stuff. Carlos, where did you pick up those Peterson pipe rests?

jhuggett":0r5a0g38 said:
Nice stuff. Carlos, where did you pick up those Peterson pipe rests?

Let me think.

I was wondering if I got them from a Secret Santa year before last. Or it was at that auction back in August where I got all those pipes and several racks. I think that's it. There was also a GBD pipe knife/tool, and a GBD reamer, like the Kleen Reem. Was only one Peterson in the group of nearly 50 pipes. The largest group were GBD's.

Are they rare?