Sixth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass for 2009

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK so I spent the first night with BABs. Sat in my recliner and literally sprawled the contents of the box all around me. First up on my want to try list was Anniversary Kake so I load a bowl in a Peterson dedicated to my favorite VaPers. I laid back and enjoyed the pipe while the smell of all the other tobaccos surrounded me. Was quite enjoyable. :lol:

I plan on only taking a couple more days being I can just snag a couple of samples for later.

One surprise so far. I ususally can't stand anything with Latakia in it but I found myself smelling some of the English blends and I actually wanted to give them a try. So I'm going to give them a try. Before even the smell of Latakia kind of made me ill feeling. Would love it if that aversion was finally gone.

jhuggett":8uumduvm said:
.................One surprise so far. I ususally can't stand anything with Latakia in it but I found myself smelling some of the English blends and I actually wanted to give them a try. So I'm going to give them a try. Before even the smell of Latakia kind of made me ill feeling. Would love it if that aversion was finally gone.
What's this, we may have another convert to the dark side. :lol!: :pipe:

Jason, it sounds like we are in common with the aversion to latakia. I agree with you on the thought that some of those actually smelled good. I tried the am pipe, a little to much lat. for me, but the Art's endeavor was actually pretty good.

Bill

Sounds like our tastes are quite a like Bill, that's the one that intrigued me most.

Mike I've often thought if I forced myself to smoke more Lat blends I'd get used to it but being I enjoy Va's so much I've never been able to stick with it.

Jason,

Please be careful lighting up with the contents of the BAB exposed and vulnerable, one stray spark and the parties over!!!!

Sounds like a great pass so far.

Whats weird for me is I smoke Latakia is waves. Sometimes I will put it in my rotation for a couple weeks then I won't smoke it for a while.

arcticsmoke":9zmhjkev said:
......................but the Art's endeavor was actually pretty good.

Bill
If anyone is interested in what exactly makes up Art's Endeavor I'm sure he will not mind if I post the ingredients. You can also get it at Mars Cigars already mixed.

Art's Endeavor is basically mixed with 10 ounces of 5100, and a ounce each of Perique, Latakia, and Oriental. He uses McClellands #14 or #8 for the Oriental. From what I have heard and read he has been mixing this blend for years.

Thanks for the Web site Mike,& all The Help. It is Very Interesting to Learn something New Every time We Talk. I will Be On the Side Learning from You All Thanks again.
Mick :) :D

I've been working my way through the box and enjoying every minute. I have been a little busy as of late so I didn't get it all packed up today. I need some more heavy duty plastic bags to add some stuff. It will go in the mail on Monday and I will post and update on all that's transpired then.

[
Even though I couldn't play this time around, I'm sure following this box pass, it should be VERY entertaining. I'm just hoping it gets close enough to North Georgia to catch a wiff of the aroma :)[/quote]

kilted1, Unfortunatly, due to an enforced hiatus in my pipe smoking, I can't play either, but am following the pass. Hey, maybe the last guy who is playing will bag up the aroma of BABS and send it to us.

:lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

Bruce

Sorry for not updating sooner, here's the score:

Takes:
A&C Petersen Escudo
C&D After Hours Flake

Puts:
C&D Old Joe Krantz
SG 1792 Flake
Ashton Winding Road (Noticed there weren't any aromatics)
For Sampling:
Orlik Golden Sliced
Edgeworth Ready-Rubbed

Sampled:
C&D After Hours Flake
GLP Montgomery
McClelland A.M. Pipe
Heart & Home Frenchy's Sunza Bitches
Heart & Home Anniversary Kake
GL Pease Telegraph Hill

Overall a very nice pass. I had a few bowls of some of the samples just to make sure I liked them as much as initially thought. After Hours Flake and Anniversary Kake are keepers in my mind. AM Pipe wasn't too bad for a Latakia blend, actually enjoyed it.

So it's now off to Trout Bum via Priority Mail.

Great time and thanks again!

This is awesome. I'm just sick that I didn't join soon enough to participate... There's always next year :drool:

richmondesi":lpfge7p7 said:
This is awesome. I'm just sick that I didn't join soon enough to participate... There's always next year :drool:
Paul I too missed out due to my present finances, but I'm hoping to enjoy watching this and deriving vicarious pleasures as the box passes from hand to hand. :pipe:

Nice pass Jason. Was wondering if you fell in.
Now we get to see if TroutBum is up to the task. :D

Way to go Jason. Sorry for not putting in any Aromatics. Winding Road is a very good blend IMHO. I'm afraid to even ask what BAB's weighs already after only two passes. Looks like we are right on schedule which amazes me no end that I even guessed close. It's off to Colorado for BAB's. Have fun TroutBum.

kilted1":ezp5lf8o said:
richmondesi":ezp5lf8o said:
Paul I too missed out due to my present finances, but I'm hoping to enjoy watching this and deriving vicarious pleasures as the box passes from hand to hand. :pipe:
Same here, but I'm still a little blue (couldn't resist)... I guess that should be green :mrgreen:

I see the box is headed my way. I am psyched! In fact, I am so excited, I was moved to compose this little ditty:

La-la-la, here comes the big box of goodies, tra-la-la
I am so happies, to try some new bacchies,
Tra-la-la-tra-la-la. (Tra!)

Trout Bum":ott99llz said:
I see the box is headed my way. I am psyched! In fact, I am so excited, I was moved to compose this little ditty:

La-la-la, here comes the big box of goodies, tra-la-la
I am so happies, to try some new bacchies,
Tra-la-la-tra-la-la. (Tra!)
TAD at it's worst, when the baccy's free. :lol!:

Sounds like an enjoyable time in Colorado is coming. :cheers: