SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ocelot55":8yhzdwal said:
Blackhorse":8yhzdwal said:
Hmmm. I wonder what a drink made with blood and napalm would be called? Gee! It's almost like a CONTEST, or something!
Let's keep it simple and call it a Colonel Kurtz. Sounds harmless, right? :twisted:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aNUr__-VZeQ" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well... I thought it was funny... :(

Also the last time I went to a cocktail bar, 90% of the menu was named things you'd ordinarily run away from.

Hey Greyson. You forget to pay your electric bill or something?

Greyson":b0chnkvp said:
reportingz.jpg

I don't know what you mean, its a well lit picture. Are you ok George? You're not having another episode are you?!?

OK...

<<bitch light on>>

The very first post in this thread specified that pilots were NOT to PM me with anything at this point - and of course 3 - 4 of you immediately responded that you had received your orders...sending me a PM to that effect. ARRGGGHHHHHHHHH!

I'm trying to hold on to some of my existing mail, which falls off the end of the conveyor belt as new ones come in. Regular 'bidness' is fine and encouraged but please hold off on the 'got my orders' notes. I know when you got 'em cause they move from the OUT to the SENT box.

And I swear...if you any of you lot send me one saying you're sorry for sending too many PM's I will absolutely have you written up on a Section Seven and held in the looney bin til after this mission is over. And I only mention it cause someone did that very thing a few rounds ago. :joker:

<<bitch light off >>

I've noticed the messages do seem to be quite restrictive in how much you can keep, I was wondering if there's a way to increase them at all? If it was a charge to increase capacity I'd be willing to help out towards it.

Due to the quantity of traffic the Air Marshall receives, it might be necessary for him to have an auxillary account with hotmail or Google strictly for squadron business. He has so many irons in the fire just in my direction. Maybe we could chip in and get him a Commander Communicator that he carries on his person 24-7... Sorry Dave, I won't let it happen...

Hmmmm. Two "No's". Good ideas, both.

1. The idea of an expanded or enhanced volume for the storage of PM data for either the whole membership or certain individuals within that membership has been explored and found unworkable by guys on the 'Mod Squad'. Don't remember what the problem in doing it was, but it was there and disallowed it.

2. No thanks. I don't want to have another email account to encourage added communication requirements for this or any other aspect of this or other online activities. Please understand that THIS site is where my heart, and therefore my time is. I force myself to strictly limit what I do online re: 'hobby' sites as I do a number of other things online as well re: support of home and family, research for projects...and then there's the project work in the shop too. Aside from home, family and the work/time mentioned above I believe I have little to add and feel it's at the ceiling of where it will still allow it to be a fun thing as opposed to a drudge. If it gets into the drudge zone, then I would start pulling away, and I don't want that. Currently it's fun and exciting and that keeps the energy there for at least the semblance of a good job. If I didn't believe I was doing justice to the activity and the squadron members, I'd pass it off to another worthy player. I should be doing that now, just for the sake of an effective transition somewhere down the road...likely will this Spring.

Anyway...long response to a short question I guess.

But I've got orders to get out tis morning and work in my shop to get at...so...I'm outta here.

OH! Before I go...check out the following list. If you think your name should be here and it's not, or vice versa, let me know.

Pilot Roster as of this a.m.:

1 Ocelot 55
2 EC Outlaw
3 DrumsAndBeer
4 Greyson
5 roogles
6 the rev
7 Rob_In_Mo
8 kaiser83
9 DrT999
10 gravel
11 i.keenum
12 idbowman
13 scotties22
14 christeaux
15 soylentgreen
16 taharris
17 Mozjo 33
18 Fishfuzz
19 George Kaplan
20 tech2576
21 Lesath

From the very beginning, the bomber program has been a work in progress, and so it continues. I would bring to all members attention the current post made by our Commander. For the past several months, I have pondered how he has managed to fulfill all of his obligations both inside and out of the BOB. I cannot imagine the squadron having a new driving force. This is strictly a suggestion, but in order to keep our command structure intact, we might consider quarterly or six month mission intervals with an occasional secret mission thrown in. To have sustained the level of activity for nearly a year is amazing. I hope I have not overstepped my boundaries, but I would rather scale things back, rather than see this die. Blackhorse created this and has in truth made it an extension of himself. I'd prefer it to continue under his leadership.

Blackhorse":952h5qv0 said:
The very first post in this thread specified that pilots were NOT to PM me with anything at this point - and of course 3 - 4 of you immediately responded that you had received your orders...sending me a PM to that effect. ARRGGGHHHHHHHHH!
:lol!:

Blackhorse":952h5qv0 said:
And I swear...if you any of you lot send me one saying you're sorry for sending too many PM's
Trying my best not to send PM. :twisted:

Sorry Commander, I'll try to behave. Don't leave! :(

Rob_In_MO":3w9i0wsl said:
Blackhorse":3w9i0wsl said:
:lol!:

Blackhorse":3w9i0wsl said:
And I swear...if you any of you lot send me one saying you're sorry for sending too many PM's
Trying my best not to send PM. :twisted:
But it was tempting, wasn't it? :face:

Maybe we could all just send our PMs to Fishfuzz, and he and Gravel could hand-deliver them to Blackhorse.

No worry of it going away gents...

If worse comes to worse and no one else wanted to I''d play XO and run the paperwork side for BH.