SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in as long as orders don't get held up :D

I'm neither shy nor breakable, although I do have some wear and tear...

Looking forward to being part of the squadron!

somedumbjerk":cyx3vfvj said:
On board and ready to bust my cherry! :twisted:
Welcome aboard! It won't take you long to learn not to leave the door open like that for these guys.

welcome aboard fellas, the first rule of bomb club is we don't talk about bomb club, the second rule of bomb club is

WE DON'T TALK ABOUT BOMB CLUB

the third rule of bomb club is the bombing continues no matter if the enemy taps, goes unconscious or is otherwise deemed unsuitable

the fourth rule of bomb club is the bombing lasts as long as it has to

and the final rule of bomb club is...

if it your first month in bomb club, you have to bomb

reverend tyler durden

the rev":dq1x0y1l said:

reverend tyler durden
Thanks Rev! Is that in the same section that says the rev will make you a pipe if it is your first month? 8)

petertschantz":vtkk5nxp said:
the rev":vtkk5nxp said:

reverend tyler durden
Thanks Rev! Is that in the same section that says the rev will make you a pipe if it is your first month? 8)
in support of this decision!

I just want to point out:

Mission Orders

Attention to Orders.

Your target for the January mission (SKYDUMP) is:

[redacted]

Please remember the following dates:

General Take Off (mailing) Date: Monday, January 28th.

(Depending on where you live, and the resulting shipping times this may be different for you…but not by more than a day. It is NOT appropriate for your bomb to arrive on target early…no matter WHAT your personal circumstances are! If you have a problem, ship your package to me and I’ll ensure that it arrives on target at the proper time.)

Bombing Date: Bombs to arrive Thursday, January 31th.

(This date is an adjusted date from the original announcement - as it allows a full three days of shipping time.)

As always you are required to send your package with a tracking number…and to send me the tracking number via PM once it is in the hands of the USPS or UPS.

That’s it gents (and lady). If you have any questions please PM me.
Nothing in the included instructions state not to reply. Newer commands override prior missives.

tumblr_m3vz9vjsUY1rw07qzo1_500.gif

Fishfuzz":uydgbddg said:
I just want to point out:

Mission Orders

Attention to Orders.

Your target for the January mission (SKYDUMP) is:

[redacted]

Please remember the following dates:

General Take Off (mailing) Date: Monday, January 28th.

(Depending on where you live, and the resulting shipping times this may be different for you…but not by more than a day. It is NOT appropriate for your bomb to arrive on target early…no matter WHAT your personal circumstances are! If you have a problem, ship your package to me and I’ll ensure that it arrives on target at the proper time.)

Bombing Date: Bombs to arrive Thursday, January 31th.

(This date is an adjusted date from the original announcement - as it allows a full three days of shipping time.)

As always you are required to send your package with a tracking number…and to send me the tracking number via PM once it is in the hands of the USPS or UPS.

That’s it gents (and lady). If you have any questions please PM me.
Nothing in the included instructions state not to reply. Newer commands override prior missives.

tumblr_m3vz9vjsUY1rw07qzo1_500.gif
Don't be butthurt.

Fuzzbrains - Test not the wrath of the insensed Commander thou lowly curmudgeon!

Quoted from the very first post in this thread:

As per SOP, it’s time to sign in for the mission. Sign in (if you are an approved and standing member) on the January Mission Thread…by posting your intention to fly. Do NOT PM me with anything at this point! Once your sign-in is received AND when we have about half the typical roster filled (10 – 15 signed in) you will be sent Official Mission Orders including your bombing orders and address. Do not PM me that you have received your orders…I can tell this by checking my outgoing mailbox.

I honestly don't know how much more clear it could be! Also, it is not rational or workable to require that I re-post every detail in every subsequent post in order for it to still be in effect. The posts would get sequentially longer and longer, etc.

In addition, voicing a 'challenge' as in your post above, even in jest, opens the door for others to perhaps consider that it would be OK for them to go ahead and fill my PM inbox with flotsam and fluff, against my specific request. I shouldn't have to remind you that as a Pilot here your role is to help by making things positive and more effective instead of fostering discord and doubt. I'm shocked (shocked I tell you!) that you would behave in this tawdy manner.

Orders out to all that have checked in so far, including:

1 Ocelot 55
2 EC Outlaw
3 DrumsAndBeer
4 Greyson
5 roogles
6 the rev
7 Rob_In_Mo
8 kaiser83
9 DrT999
10 gravel
11 i.keenum
12 idbowman
13 scotties22
14 christeaux
15 soylentgreen
16 taharris
17 Mozjo 33
18 Fishfuzz
19 George Kaplan
20 tech2576
21 Lesath
22 SimpleMan
23 somedumbjerk
24 petertschantz
25 awoodby

At this time christeaux and soylentgreen have not picked up their orders. If anyone has a connection to either pilot you might yank their chain a bit. Just as a wake-up.

As always, if I've missed anyone, let me know.

Blackhorse":9m9eetoc said:
Fuzzbrains - Test not the wrath of the insensed Commander thou lowly curmudgeon!

Quoted from the very first post in this thread:

As per SOP, it’s time to sign in for the mission. Sign in (if you are an approved and standing member) on the January Mission Thread…by posting your intention to fly. Do NOT PM me with anything at this point! Once your sign-in is received AND when we have about half the typical roster filled (10 – 15 signed in) you will be sent Official Mission Orders including your bombing orders and address. Do not PM me that you have received your orders…I can tell this by checking my outgoing mailbox.

I honestly don't know how much more clear it could be! Also, it is not rational or workable to require that I re-post every detail in every subsequent post in order for it to still be in effect. The posts would get sequentially longer and longer, etc.

In addition, voicing a 'challenge' as in your post above, even in jest, opens the door for others to perhaps consider that it would be OK for them to go ahead and fill my PM inbox with flotsam and fluff, against my specific request. I shouldn't have to remind you that as a Pilot here your role is to help by making things positive and more effective instead of fostering discord and doubt. I'm shocked (shocked I tell you!) that you would behave in this tawdy manner.
I think you mean tawdry. Updated sig to reflect cannonized title. ;)