SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lesath":al8x7l7b said:
From the very beginning, the bomber program has been a work in progress, and so it continues. I would bring to all members attention the current post made by our Commander. For the past several months, I have pondered how he has managed to fulfill all of his obligations both inside and out of the BOB. I cannot imagine the squadron having a new driving force. This is strictly a suggestion, but in order to keep our command structure intact, we might consider quarterly or six month mission intervals with an occasional secret mission thrown in. To have sustained the level of activity for nearly a year is amazing. I hope I have not overstepped my boundaries, but I would rather scale things back, rather than see this die. Blackhorse created this and has in truth made it an extension of himself. I'd prefer it to continue under his leadership.
Well said!

Maybe a dumb question, but how do you get in on this? i got bombed once and it was fantastic! i would love to help spread the joy... i mean bloodshed :pirat:

Rob_In_MO":gpr3vs8f said:
somedumbjerk":gpr3vs8f said:
Maybe a dumb question, but how do you get in on this? i got bombed once and it was fantastic! i would love to help spread the joy... i mean bloodshed :pirat:
PM Commander Blackhorse.
Yeah. PM him repeatedly. :twisted:

You douche wads do realize those pm's he's trying to save are yalls addresses, whose been bombed, blackballs ,and continuous use docs for this endeavor ???

Somedumbjerk, go read the beginning posts of the other bombing missions and what not.
BlackHorse will respond to you in a bit, I'm sure of it.

Yeah, what puros_bran suggested is right. When in doubt, send the boss man a PM.

Ah...one and all...such excellent kneejerks. And I mean that sincerely. :lol:

I was so moved I was almost tempted to PM myself.

And in excellent fashion, someone quoted and answered correctly...although I don't think it was intentional:

somedumbjerk wrote:

Maybe a dumb question, but how do you get in on this? i got bombed once and it was fantastic! i would love to help spread the joy... i mean bloodshed

PM Commander Blackhorse.

As I said, I'm always open for legit business. This is a good example, so thanks. I'll be connecting with 'somedumbjerk' (there are so many to chose from) later this evening to share information.

I just deleted the 4 paragraphs I wrote here. 8)

Blackhorse":3vacno79 said:
And in excellent fashion, someone quoted and answered correctly...although I don't think it was intentional
Com on now, Commander. You know me - the answer I gave him was intentional. 8)

Seriously now - Commander: You know that if you ever need a break from the stresses of Command that there are several regular members and Mods that would be more than happy to take over for a few missions. PB stated this earlier, and I know that me means it too.

Just got back in town from a loooooong miserable trip. Sign me up, I'm ready for action.... if I can get someone to give the prop a spin. :|

puros_bran":7ueh9f7l said:
You douche wads do realize those pm's he's trying to save are yalls addresses, whose been bombed, blackballs ,and continuous use docs for this endeavor ???
Seriously PB, you know that at least a few members of this group would find the whole situation entirely too good to let simply pass by. :lol:

Actually - I gave a legitimate answer to a serious question. This has been the standard protocol in past missions for new members requesting permission to join the squadron.

"Applications" sent to two potential new pilots just a bit ago.

For the experts out there, the process for membership is pretty simple.

And in the quest for tranparency, here it is: 1. PM me. 2. If they haven't said...I usually ask why the person wants to be a member. A person's reasons are their own, doesn't much matter what they are as I'm not a gatekeeper. I just think it's good to think about it enough to write it down (yes, it's a writing test). And it's good process. BTW: I don't save 'em. 3. I send them a copy of the Brothers of Briar Bomber Squadron Mission Statement and tell them to read it through and if they believe they can live up to what it says they need to do then to send me their real name and mailing address...written out like it was on an envelope. If they can do that I figure they can at least get a name and address on a bomb. lol Then I list them on the roster and add them. Pretty easy.

I like new members and really want to add two or three new pilots each mission if possible. So - advertising and PR are part of my job here too...one of the big reasons for me liking the stars and bombs and all on the signature lines (as they're widespread, free and require no effort on my part). Comments have been made about the hashmark stuff here and elsewhere. It's my belief that we're not bragging or setting ourselves above other members...we're advertising, as we need guys to take note and want to know what it's all about. Otherwise it's a closed system and I guarantee about 6 months down the road we'd have a half dozen guys sending out bombs instead of close to thirty...cause if you go back and really look at the mission threads you'll see quite a number of names that were gung ho for one to three months and then were gone with the wind. Which is fine as it's not for everyone...and it takes maybe a few rounds for someone to find that out. So hopefully we'll be adding a couple in the next day or so.

Rob_In_MO":j8yqb2gj said:
PM Commander Blackhorse.

bazing10.jpg

There never was. I could tell you stories...

On a more important note, we have a couple of new men just assigned to the Squadron. Both are fairly well seasoned gents, having flown private bombing sorties, but haven't been in an organized operation like this before. I expect you lot will welcome them aboard and show them the ropes. And no funny business like when you told the last ones they had to buy scrip to get drinks at the O Club. Special Services is STILL sorting that one out.

Anyway, their paperwork is still in the system, waiting for the clerks to find their brilliant way in to work this morning. But all that will follow them in all right and proper as usual I'm sure. For the time being I'll let them introduce themselves as they don't seem shy...or breakable.

At any rate welcome aboard gentlemen.

I'm in. I will be out of town for most of the rest of the month, but I will be back just in time to make the launch date.

Simple Man":5stc88vw said:
George Kaplan":5stc88vw said:
Hi, Jack! Glad to see you made it back alive. Some of us were starting to wonder. :p
There's NO place like home! I'm never leaving Kansas or Georgia again... EVER! :evil:
There are times driving across the Mighty MO (Missouri River) that I so badly want the state of Missouri to put up a sign that says "Your not in Kansas anymore". Heck, I've been tempted to do it myself.....and I've lived here for long enough you think the compulsion would have worn off. :lol: