The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ken Collins Appreciation Society dropped a load on me today. WOW! Awstruck! For commies, we are sure a generous sort.

A box of 25 Peterson Gran Reserva Churchill's. An outstanding Dewar's 12 all metal cigar cutter. A handmade set of tools, which looks like a probe for loosing an overpacked bowl, possibly also used for helping to make a tight wrapped cigar breath. A really nice pipe nail formed into a tamper and a knife with a pretty decent edge for it's size. The tools stow inside of a polished copper tube with caps on each end. Not sure my picture do it justice.

A hand carved pipe. The carving looks to tell the story of Lord of the Rings. From when Deagol finds the ring of power while fishing, to Shelob's lair. Very creative.

Tins, 14oz of Edgeworth Ready Rubbed, JackKnife Plug, older The Banker's in a black label, and perhaps MacBaren's finest blend, Stockton. Bags of Tambolaka, nearly 10 yo Dunhill 965, D&R St. James Rimboche, John Patton's Stormfront, & Pipes & Cigar's Virginia Spice.

Oh, let's not forget a sleeve of Dutch chocolates shaped to look like betting chips with dice.

Enough here to keep me busy for quite some time. WOW! Thank you Comrade!!!

bomb110.jpg

bomb210.jpg

bomb310.jpg

Wow indeed. Looks like alot of time and effort went in to making that package unique and special. Very cool. :cheers:

I have a fair idea of who sent that shipment that crashed into you, and he's one of the greats at knowing how to gift. Good show, sir.

Absolutely amazing,,,Ken is smiling,,,

Got the box off today to my Comrade. I feel like such a cheap, proletariat, capitalist scum; sending gifts to a brother that I'm sure only works for the good of his commune. (But then, sometimes being cheap scum isn't all bad?!?)

Natch

My box is packed and ready...has been for a week but I have been sick as a dog. It will take off tomorrow for sure! Happy landing!

Blackhorse":8nhe5zx4 said:
talrmn35 wrote:
My box is packed and ready...has been for a week but I have been sick as a dog. It will take off tomorrow for sure!
Say, you might wanna run that box through the sterilizer before sending it out!!! :shock:
Shhhh, this is how to apocalypse happens, don't fight it...

Forklift left a crate today. Wow what a selection. Tins: Pete's Irish Flake, Mr. Pease's Hadoo's (old style tin) and JKP, McClelland Christmas Cheer 2003(wow), and 2000 Larsen Old Belt. A great looking carved Sevket meer and a large one at that, nicely colored and ready for years of use. Tons of samples too many to name, and a couple fists of sticks, one of which will see it's demize tonight while at a cookout. Will post pics latter as I am running short on time.

Blackhorse":7pui2uqc said:
talrmn35 wrote:
My box is packed and ready...has been for a week but I have been sick as a dog. It will take off tomorrow for sure!
Say, you might wanna run that box through the sterilizer before sending it out!!! :shock:

Box was clean I promise...BOMBS AWAY!!!!

Hey fellas, sorry for not posting sooner. The box shall leave for it's recipient very soon.

I'm a little squeezed for time at the moment, but I'll get a description of the goodies I received ASAP.

Cheers everyone and please forgive the fact I've been so quiet lately.

Oooooh! I very nice and weighty box has been hand delivered to my doorstep! Looks like the evil beast has landed. Running around right now doing prep for Easter, with relatives and others due...as I want to give this the attention it deserves I will wait to post results til Monday.

A happy and blessed Easter to all of you, my brothers.

My box arrived from New Mexico and what a box it was!

Seven tins of great tobacco including Dominican Glory Maduro from 1998! Four huge samples (one being almost a quarter pound, so the term "sample" might not be appropriate) including Cannon Plug, Happy Brown Bogey, Black Irish X, and Peretti Summerset Slice. And on top of all that a beautiful pipe, J. Goldman with very nice grain and birdseye accross the top.

Thanks, Jason, very generous of you. Guess it will be a Happy Brown Bogey kind of night? :cheers:

Natch

Status
Not open for further replies.