The Butcher in the Belfry:::October BOB Bombing Mission

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Putting all the clues together I have deduced that it is Bruce Wayne, on a three day bender, with no Dopp kit! What's my prize??

I have my payload selected, but my bomber mechanic is MIA. Hopefully I'll get this bird in the air on time.

Fokker has taken flight! Numbers will be PM'd this evening when I get home.

3405038738_f48fa9b71c_m.jpg

Sorry for the poor image quality. Selfies are hard to take at 5000 feet. :lol!:

Hey, I think one of my crew spotted the little fella down there!

Me?  I'm crusin' fer a bruisin' in my shiney new battle dirigible, the "BoB BD Crater Maker"! I'm up, up and away...and when my quartermaster brings me the lading chits I'll pass the appropriate docs on to HQ.

leviathans.jpg

Had trouble gettin' 'er started this mornin', but as you can see, I am on my way and will hit the target on time!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-zY04Na8Fhw" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

DOH! I thought today was still Tuesday. :oops:

Will have my ordnance ready to take off this evening for a red-eye to the unsuspecting base... :bom:

Are we ready for our next clue?

Clue 4:

To do my job well I must know my connectors RJ45 & 11, USB...SATA

I think I know, but I'm scared to guess...might still be on the prowl... :affraid:

mejoshee":lmpuza30 said:
I think I know, but I'm scared to guess...might still be on the prowl... :affraid:
All the other guessers thought they knew too. :twisted:

:::::ATTENTION ALL PILOTS:::::

Stop the presses! It's now time for the exciting conclusion of our Murder Mystery!!!!

Our fearless pilots were slowly being picked off one by one. Pilot MichaelM was a relatively new member of the squadron. Since the butchering began, he had spent most of his time sleuthing, relentless in his search for who or what the Butcher might be. Whilst seated in the library studying some dusty old tome he cried suddenly aloud, "My God! I can scarcely believe it! Solent Green is people!!!"

All at once there was a terrible commotion. Lightning flashed; thunder roared. This caused poor MichaelM such a shock, that in one violent nervous twitch, the old tome from which he had been reading, lept from his hands and flew through the air. It sailed toward the window drapes and crashed with such a thud that made poor MichaelM twitch once more. But lo! That was not the sound of a book smashing the fragile window. No, it was a loud fleshy thump that emanated from behind the drapes. For a moment there was only silence. The other pilots, hearing the cries and the noise came rushing to the room, just as the unknown person hiding behind the drapes fell motionless on the floor.

"Well! Someone was hiding behind the drapes!" exclaimed co-commander Ocelot, "It appears that the greenhorn has given the Butcher quite the thumping."

"But who is it?" inquired d4klutz, starring nervously at the motionless figure on the ground.

"I had just uncovered the last two clues before we were roused by the commotion," said Ocelot, "clues that leave no doubt who the fiendish Butcher is. They read thusly:Left hand or right, doesn't matter to me. Tatoos, my skin bares them, I'd say more than three; and Seven billiards for the price of none."

"Then there can be no doubt!" exclaimed DrumsAndBeer.

"Indeed, DB," said Ocelot. Advancing toward the fallen criminal, he turned the man on his back, the dim candlelight illuminating his face.

"Our Butcher is...."

WarlockBob

A big congratulations to MichaelM for uncovering the Butcher! He will be receiving the 2nd annual Jones Halloween Pipe as a reward for his efforts.

Addendum: nismo270r also guessed correctly but was about 30min late. He will get an ad hoc consolation prize from me.

Thanks to all the pilots who assisted and participated this year.

Congrats MM! I'll be kicking myself for awhile for not sending that PM sooner! :p

I believe we all underestimated WarlockBob's sneakiness!

8c108e95fd26972ddcf96f9d34aec5ce7443e4234ecf423d3dd21f078a681928.jpg