The Official BoB 2016 Pipe of the Year thread.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good Vern, you've got me eager in anticipation now Wiz. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Cheers all

Tim

Hey Ozzie...nice work there. I like the clean-up on aisle four, er...pipe number one. Yeah, that's it. Yooda man!  I'm feeling really positive about this thing. HooAhhhh.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I'm thinking that pending an OK from Ozzie we should call this extravaganza Open For Business.

So...when he sez GO any member in good standing can send their Falcon bowl(s) to him for engraving.

1. PM Ozzie for the mailing address. You are 'hiring' him directly to do the engraving on your bowl. This is completely between the bowl owner and Mr. Wizard...and the BoB site is not involved in the transaction in any way.
2. Using a small piece of tape (blue, etc.) mark the point at which the bowl is centered on the stem...so the lettering can be applied in the appropriate location.
3. Pad the bowl with bubble wrap or some kind of effective padding.
4. Box your bowl in a USPS small flat rate box.
5. Arrange with Ozzie for the forwarding of your funds...assuming the use of PayPal...so that the entire amount is received, without the deduction of fees, etc.
6. The approved amount has been set at $20 plus return priority shipping of $6.80. So $26.80 total cost. Pretty cool, huh?!?!
7. Once your funds are received by Ozzie he will let you know to go ahead and ship your bowl and give you an estimated time of completion.
8. When the engraving on your bowl is complete he will ship it back to you. Simple!

This is a totally different project than we've done in the past on the POY thing. The intention is to enable essentially any member to obtain a BoB POY at a very low cost and that it be one they sort of designed to suit their own style. Thanks to Ozzie agreeing to do the work for next to nothing - so that goal is going to be realized. I really appreciate his essentially donating his time and effort on this. I also appreciate the BoB Council caring enough about all of the members here to approve something like this. It makes me very proud to have played a small part in helping it to realization. I honestly believe that BoB is the only pipe organization out there that would do something this unique and member-centric. Kudos to all y'all.

And BANG in classic style as soon as I send the vendor a question about not having received an item...it shows up.  So now I have the twisty polished silver base with white bit and low Bulldog meer bowl AND the bent black Hunter stem with the matte black Dover Briar bowl. What a sweet ebony and ivory duet combo. I need a mini photo shoot here.

Just showing off a little here...

IMG_20160916_082356_zpsc9766hi5.jpg

Oh myyyyy, that IS a lovely set!!!

Um, pursuant to the prior post,

The word has been given.................

Ozark Wizard":z1waq3o1 said:
Oh myyyyy, that IS a lovely set!!!

Um, pursuant to the prior post,

The word has been given.................
Maybe you should list those of us who have contacted you already, so you're not inundated with reminders?

Yeah, this isn't like deals made on the Trading Post so I think it would be OK to name names.

Mine was first...it's the one being used as a sample and test piece. BTW: it will not come back to me but will become a prize in the future contest surrounding the POY extravaganza!

It might be the case that someone would prefer their name not to be mentioned in public...for whatever reason... in this regaed. If that's the case just let Ozzie know and when he publishes the master list he can put an asterisk by your name. We would then ask that members close their eyes when reading those names. There. That should work.

<<snicker>>

It looks like I have five pipes to do the engraving on, not including the Falcon test flight. I know I can say that.

Just received my engraved POTY from Ozzie, and have to say it looks professional in all ways. His hand engraving is equal to anything that could have been done by a CNC machine.

Very tasteful, understated, perfectly symmetrical, and should colour nicely with the meer bowl. Love it. Well done Mr. Wizard!

8)

Pics to follow.

Cheers,

RR

edit: Are there really only 5 POTY pipes so far?? Surely we can do better than this!

Mine arrived today and made my hallowe'en, well packaged with fur shock absorbers in a beautiful hand made wooden box with a carved falcon on top. Simply stunning.

Enjoying a bowl in it right now.

Wiz (or should I say Deep River) did a great job.

Thanks to all involved in organising this.

Cheers

Tim

WOW! I know the boxes that Ozzie makes. They are worth the price of admission in and of themselves! I can't believe he's doing that. Another example of the caliber of people here at BoB. Simply amazing.

Yeah BH, the box is a real beauty, I'll post some pics of the box and my POTY when I get home from work today. My main priority when it arrived yesterday was to fire up a bowl. :)

Cheers

Tim

FINALLY got my two pipes boxed and ready to ship to Ozzie...after having secured approval from SWMBO to consider this a birthday present. Nice.

This can count as the "before" shot...

IMG_20160916_082356_zpsc9766hi5.jpg

IMG_20160916_082313_zpsretlbcyq.jpg

Got to say, the box Wiz made is awesome for storing my falcon bowls. It happily holds six bowls comfortably.

Love your work Bob.

Cheers

Tim

OK...here's my "your box has landed" PM to Ozzie.  

Boys and girls...whomever of you out that passes this POY by is SO missing out!

"OMG...the Pebble Castle smells SO good! No wonder everyone is gushing on about it. I can hardly wait. Merry Christmas back at ya!

So now that's out of the way. The engraving on the two pipes is excellent in all regards. Just what I expected. The box however, is amazing! I had no expectation of something like that so it's totally a bonus. The burned in BoB logo design is nearly photographic in detail. I can't thank you enough. This isn't a "go along" item for one years POY thing...it's a lifetime memento. I will absolutely treasure it always."

I have yet to document the beautiful piece of work, but I received my POtY in the mail yesterday, with a generous helping of tobacco and a gorgeous box that is now being prominently displayed with my pipes! I may have heaped praise upon you via PM, but again this is wonderful Wiz. Thank you for undertaking this project

Glad you gentlemen are happy with the work! Seeing all these Falcon configurations are testing my PAD. Maybe I should acquire a bowl a month, and grab a bent stem. Man, it's bad to think that way............. :fpalm: