The Official BoB 2016 Pipe of the Year thread.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Example:

Never mind, I'm getting a syntax error when trying to post a picture... Anyway, the blue tape should not leave residue like regular tape. I still would recommend adhering the tape on the bottom side of the bowl and a fine pencil line indicating front and center.

OK - decided to jump on squatty the Bulldog meer bowl from GQ. It's little page read "sold out" after my order went through - so just the one I guess. I think this would work well with straight or bent stems, but we'll see.

The stem has also been ordered...from Estonia! Good grief. Well, it should look good. Took me forever to find an unpainted center rod.

Getting JUST what you want ain't cheap though. Stem $37...bowl $63. Includes shipping. Total of $100. A lot more than I wanted to spend, but you know how that goes.

IMG_2678__81970.1466523557.1280.1280.JPG

s-l1600.jpg" style="width: 450px;height: 400px

Blackhorse":e1mrxpi0 said:
The stem has also been ordered...from Estonia! Good grief. Well, it should look good. Took me forever to find an unpainted center rod.
Gotta admit I was sorely tempted by that stem as well, but the Estonia thing gave me pause. I'll be interested to see how long it takes for you to receive it Dave.

In any case I'm happy with the black one I just ordered. Should look good with the meer round 'doggy bowl I ordered from that place in FL. I got the only one in stock! Also got a pack of dry rings since my one other Falcon needs one.

Stem was about $28 and shipping brought it to just under $35. Bowl was essentially $60, plus $4 for a pack of 25 dry rings. Free shipping on bowl and rings. So that comes to around $100. Not too bad, really.

Decided to go for the meer after all, since I agree with your post above which stated that Falcon wouldn't sell something that didn't work well. Just hope I don't flock it up when screwing in. I'm kind of a klutz ya know! Plus, I've been wanting a second meer so figured here's my chance.

I was also leaning towards the brown bent stem. Might actually go back and get that one and a briar bowl at some point. But for now, enough!

Cheers,

RR

I looked really hard at that stem in Estonia as well. Looked so hard I went to buy it, but was saved by a connection issue...

I'm scaring myself enough with my PAD and TAD.....

OH, I didn't mention the pipes? Hmph. Another thread...............................

I'm not worried about the Estonia thing. Good people there too, just like here. Honest, hard working, etc. Plus...it's an eBay purchase, so they guarantee it.

Heard from GQ this a.m. and my 'Squatty the Bulldog' meer bowl has shipped. Sweet!

Package ready for mailing to Ozzie includes Falcon stem and bowl for use as prototype & project promo pictures (8 X 10 glossies)...plus a few goodies like an Aranyik Banana Knife and 'baccy samples.

Inch by inch, row by row.

But but but I can't buy any more pipes! I'm in enough trouble as it is!! OH NO!! I love this one!!

Click
Click
Click

Oooh, that one's pretty too........
Click
Click

Pay with Paypal, click..........

(dammit)

Blackhorse":s11iwimd said:
This has got to be the largest and most complete collection of all Falcon options ever. Prices listed in Pounds Sterling...current exchange rate is about $1.30 USD to the pound. Shipping seems quite reasonable. Never dealt with them personally but they have a good rep so far as I know.

http://www.mysmokingshop.co.uk/index2.php?mod=mancats&ns=Bowls%20Standard%20Hunter&sec=3187&man=67

Pretty impressive selection right there and no mistake!

8)

Cheers,

RR

Blackhorse":jtoju7x6 said:
Another winning combination...

Falcon matte black Dover bowl and black Hunter bent stem!

18398__big.jpg" style="width: 200px;height: 200px

18327__big.jpg" style="width: 400px;height: 200px
Aw man, there's only about 3 or 4 combinations that have my attention right now........and here you've gone and given me another one!

:silent:

Cheers,

RR

I have no sympathy whatsoever.

I'm sitting here looking at a new $350 set of stainless steel cookware, sitting on a new $5000 quartz countertop in a new $10,000 kitchen with all new designer appliances...and I get "the look" for buying a $50 pipe.

Good thing she's worth it.

Blackhorse":a0bankiq said:
I have no sympathy whatsoever.

I'm sitting here looking at a new $350 set of stainless steel cookware, sitting on a new $5000 quartz countertop in a new $10,000 kitchen with all new designer appliances...and I get "the look" for buying a $50 pipe.

Good thing she's worth it.
Maybe you could convince her to balance the scales? Just try for ten percent.

Sounds like a fine kitchen!