What are you drinking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old Crow, straight up from a 1/2 pint Mason jar. A fun Sunday afternoon!

Last night while grilling hamburgers and bratz, I had a Rusty Nail made with Johnnie Walker Black, light on the Drambuie. The smoke was some British Woods in a Tinsky. The combo was outstanding.

Last night watching The Gods Must Be Crazy sipping this:

The Bulleit is becoming my favorite Bourbon.

Last night I tried the new Bud Light Wheat beer. It's what I would call a Belgian wheat...wheat beer brewed with coriander and orange peel as spices. Normally I enjoy wheat beers in the summer for their refreshing qualities but this one had too much coriander for my tastes and not enough orange peel to be refreshing.

EJ, Try Old Forester next to Bulleit. To me they taste quite similar and the cost savings from Old Forester is worth the savings.

Jim

Ol'Dawg":m5co9o9j said:
Last night I tried the new Bud Light Wheat beer. It's what I would call a Belgian wheat...wheat beer brewed with coriander and orange peel as spices. Normally I enjoy wheat beers in the summer for their refreshing qualities but this one had too much coriander for my tastes and not enough orange peel to be refreshing.

EJ, Try Old Forester next to Bulleit. To me they taste quite similar and the cost savings from Old Forester is worth the savings.

Jim
Jim,
I tried some Old Forester last year, and was quite impressed. I'll have to do a side by side test soon. :drunken:

I've been drinking some of that Bud light Wheat as well, I find it a good change of pace from time to time. (plus the local Kroger gives you a mail in rebate for $5 on a 12 bottle case. Makes it ~$7 a case or ~ .62 a bottle after tax :) ).

Anchor Junipero Gin... I walked into the package store for cheap rum and got suckered in by boutique gin!

It is very tasty--a good London Dry style with small batch craft. Not "oily" and very burn-free, which lets you enjoy the flavors in the mouth rather than just aftertastes.

My problem with small-batch gin is that price-wise, it's a sin to make a G&T, but I know it would make the most amazing G&T.

Snows melting, sap is running, geese are flying,,, :cheers: Finishing off the last of the hard cider I put up,,,

Having a Mai Tai for no good reason at all, other than to get into form for the spring. Daylight Savings time means tiki drink time!

Guinness Extra Stout followed by a cuppa fingers of JW black.
Chilled, then strained into a bucket

I'm not Irish, but any excuse to drink works for me; so to celebrate ;) St. Patricks day I had a couple of glasses of Bushmills Irish Whisky, on the rocks with a splash of spring water.

I have not been imbibing during the week much lately - work in the evenings has demanded a clear head. With 2 days planned at our weekend place, I imagine a good Canadian whiskey will be sampled at least a few times. Crown is the normal choice unless I pick up a bottle of something special. Scotch and bourbon on occasion but Canadian is my goto choice.

A very close friend packed his toolbox and punched out of work for the last time today. He was a welder at a boiler factory and retired after 35 years. Of course his crew sent him off at the local tavern in the tradition of the trade ,,, boilermakers,,,,after downing three at their pace, (not really fond of them), I dug deep in my "how go I get out of this without looking like a wuss" handbook, and graciously announced myself as his designated driver. (WHEW),,,